The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA 2014 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by behindblueglass
Got a conditional offer of ABB for Bsci Environmental Earth Science with a year in industry!

Today is awesome!

Congratz!
:bumps:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 181
Got a conditional offer of ABB for Bsci Environmental Earth Science with a year in industry!

Today is awesome!

Woooooo! Got exactly the same:smile: choosing between uea and cardiff for firm is haaaaard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatyBenson
Congratz!
:bumps:

Thank you, what are you applying for? :smile:

Original post by aloha_
Woooooo! Got exactly the same:smile: choosing between uea and cardiff for firm is haaaaard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I've got my interview for the Msci on Saturday, but if I'm honest I think I'd much rather do the year in industry. So I'll have to see! I didn't even look at Cardiff and don't know much about it but I live in Norfolk and have done my whole life and as a county I love it, the people are friendly everything is calm and slow paced, but Norwich provides the perfect balance between having a fun social life e.g. lots of clubs and a lovely atmosphere in the day. I know lots of people get put off UEA by the concrete, but the grounds it sits on are beautiful and the layout from what I can gather is simple. But I've never seen Cardiff so that could be nice too! :smile:
Reply 183
Thank you, what are you applying for? :smile:

Well I've got my interview for the Msci on Saturday, but if I'm honest I think I'd much rather do the year in industry. So I'll have to see! I didn't even look at Cardiff and don't know much about it but I live in Norfolk and have done my whole life and as a county I love it, the people are friendly everything is calm and slow paced, but Norwich provides the perfect balance between having a fun social life e.g. lots of clubs and a lovely atmosphere in the day. I know lots of people get put off UEA by the concrete, but the grounds it sits on are beautiful and the layout from what I can gather is simple. But I've never seen Cardiff so that could be nice too! :smile:

Ah that sounds lush, defo need to check them both out:smile:good luck on the interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aloha_
Ah that sounds lush, defo need to check them both out:smile:good luck on the interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you, hopefully it goes okay. Not sure if the interview is formal or informal, it is an open day. I'm not sure how the interview works, do I go to the open day and then have an interview slot or whatever. If its formal I'll wear a dress (hate dresses) but if its informal Ill go for the jeans and blazer combo. Ahh decisions!

Have you had a look online at the accommodation at UEA and if so which one did you like? :smile:
So I applied for Liberal Arts, and then UEA asked me to send them an extra personal statement. I did so, and I still haven't heard back..:cry:

anyone else been in a similar situation/got an offer for Liberal Arts? UEA is my 1st choice, so i'm really really super nervous and i just want an answer! :frown:
Reply 186
Original post by cremeeggaddict
So I applied for Liberal Arts, and then UEA asked me to send them an extra personal statement. I did so, and I still haven't heard back..:cry:

anyone else been in a similar situation/got an offer for Liberal Arts? UEA is my 1st choice, so i'm really really super nervous and i just want an answer! :frown:

Fingers crossed :smile:

Course: Psychology
Grade Requirement: ABB
AS Grades: AAAE
Predicted A2 Grades:
AAA

how long has it been since you sent the ps off? remember its a really busy time for university admissions
Reply 188
Is there anyone here applying for American History or American Studies etc?
Original post by jelly1000
how long has it been since you sent the ps off? remember its a really busy time for university admissions

Original post by amy(yay)
Fingers crossed :smile:

Course: Psychology
Grade Requirement: ABB
AS Grades: AAAE
Predicted A2 Grades:
AAA

thanks guys! the issues all resolved now, rung the uni up and everything and ended up having to resend my statement, but they've definitely got it now! :smile: now just the nerve wracking wait..
Reply 190
Yeah i am!
has anybody else applied for politics or media and politics? i have an offer for both at ABB but i can't decide if i'm going to put either of them as my firm choice!
sent my application for Psychology in yesterday and just got an offer!
Required: ABB
AS Grades: BBC
Predicted: ABB
Reply 193
Hiya :smile: ive applied for psychology ,
grade requirement for EB was around an 8 !
currently hoping and waiting for an offer :biggrin:
Finally got an offer for Liberal Arts! (AAB) Super happy as its my firm choice! Has anyone seen any accommodation they like? I'm currently leaning towards the Standard Single Ziggurats haha
Reply 195
Finally got an offer for Liberal Arts! (AAB) Super happy as its my firm choice! Has anyone seen any accommodation they like? I'm currently leaning towards the Standard Single Ziggurats haha

I'm a first year staying in Norfolk Terrace so I can hopefully answer any questions you have about it :h:
Original post by lilGem
I'm a first year staying in Norfolk Terrace so I can hopefully answer any questions you have about it :h:

Oooh I was just looking at Norfolk Terrace! Whats it like? I haven't actually been to UEA yet so whats the layout like?
Reply 197
Oooh I was just looking at Norfolk Terrace! Whats it like? I haven't actually been to UEA yet so whats the layout like?

Well the flats are the largest on campus with 14 per flat, the rooms are also big (as we don't have an ensuite) but there are 3 bathrooms per flat so there is rarely ever a queue for it. We have the best views on campus overlooking the broad and it's at the heart of campus nowhere is more than 5 minutes!

UEA is very easy to find your way round thanks to the walkway, although it is very concrete-y. Everything you need is close by and there is easy access to the city with buses very regularly. On the street there is the shop, barclays, the bar and the LCR/ hive above that and just before is the square and the campus kitchen. I love it personally, and it's a brilliant size university :h:
Original post by SkullWillow155
Im in the same boat as you. Trying to work out whether to pick media studies or film and television studies too. not sure which one to pick. So any help would be helpful :smile:

Hi,

I recently graduated from the Media Studies course and now work at UEA too.

Just to let you know, both courses offer the opportunity to pick practical modules. However there are slightly more practical options available on the media course and sometimes media students will get preference over film students when places are allocated to these modules. However either way, if you choose Film or Media, there would be the opportunity to do practical modules on top of the theoretical ones. It's just down to your own personal preference.

Don't forget there are also clubs and societies you can join to gain media/film experience outside of your degree. UEA:TV society is open to all students to join and can give the opportunity to develop practical media skills. Likewise, there is the univeristy radio station Livewire and student newspaper Concrete.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any other questions :smile:
Anyone heard anything for Actuarial Science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending