The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I got an unconditional from Birmingham for modern languages about a week ago, and I haven't received any emails/letters about a visitation day. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 621
Original post by FranzKafka
Hi guys, I got an unconditional from Birmingham for modern languages about a week ago, and I haven't received any emails/letters about a visitation day. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?

You normally get an email in about 2days regarding the visit days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622

I got my offer on 15th November and haven't been told anything about visit days either :L I've confirmed my unconditional for English lit and history :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evie2014
I got my offer on 15th November and haven't been told anything about visit days either :L I've confirmed my unconditional for English lit and history :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I firmed mine as well, has your offer changed on UCAS from a conditional to an unconditional yet? If so, how long did it take?

I also got an unconditional offer for modern languages :smile: got mine on like the 18th November but still haven't heard anything about visit days, maybe the modern languages department is just being slow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Thanks :smile: I firmed mine as well, has your offer changed on UCAS from a conditional to an unconditional yet? If so, how long did it take?

:smile: No not yet, I rang them (UoB), and they said that there's the one week grace period, where you can change your firm choice. They said that only after that period can they go onto your application on change it to an unconditional - but, as they have to do this manually, you should allow another week for it to change. So they told me if I was waiting for more than two weeks to contact the uni :smile: It's been a week since I firmed, so I'll be checking track a lot over the next few days!! :biggrin: Are you booking your accommodation tomorrow? :smile: x
Original post by Goerginab123
I also got an unconditional offer for modern languages :smile: got mine on like the 18th November but still haven't heard anything about visit days, maybe the modern languages department is just being slow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha awesome! Modern Languages high five

:smile: No not yet, I rang them (UoB), and they said that there's the one week grace period, where you can change your firm choice. They said that only after that period can they go onto your application on change it to an unconditional - but, as they have to do this manually, you should allow another week for it to change. So they told me if I was waiting for more than two weeks to contact the uni :smile: It's been a week since I firmed, so I'll be checking track a lot over the next few days!! :biggrin: Are you booking your accommodation tomorrow? :smile: x

Ah that's a relief :smile: When they said a week, I thought they meant within a week after firming so I was a bit worried. Yeah I'm gonna be right on it, don't want to be left behind with accomodation I don't want/can't afford :smile: You?
Reply 627
Haha awesome! Modern Languages high five

Ah that's a relief :smile: When they said a week, I thought they meant within a week after firming so I was a bit worried. Yeah I'm gonna be right on it, don't want to be left behind with accomodation I don't want/can't afford :smile: You?

No worries, I was a bit concerned too! :smile: Yeah, same, still not totally sure where I'm applying for though! :P I'm also going to apply for Victoria Hall separately, as they're non-University owned :smile: So excited though! :biggrin: x
Reply 628
No worries, I was a bit concerned too! :smile: Yeah, same, still not totally sure where I'm applying for though! :P I'm also going to apply for Victoria Hall separately, as they're non-University owned :smile: So excited though! :biggrin: x

Have accommodation applications started already? That seems very early... I'd advise you to look through all the options first but be open-minded - don't get too set on one choice, it's unlikely you'll get your first choice.
Reply 629
Original post by Zaphod77
Have accommodation applications started already? That seems very early... I'd advise you to look through all the options first but be open-minded - don't get too set on one choice, it's unlikely you'll get your first choice.

Lol, I remember applying for my accommodation last year. Applied on the day it opened and got my 3rd choice. Its definitely not first come first serve.
Reply 630
Original post by vdoto
Lol, I remember applying for my accommodation last year. Applied on the day it opened and got my 3rd choice. Its definitely not first come first serve.

I couldn't apply for mine until April because that was when I received my offer, so I didn't get any of mine, I got so frustrated with the whole system :tongue:
Reply 631

Yeah I think it opens 2nd December :smile: I was told that it doesn't matter what order I put it in, so if I put Jarrett Hall as my first choice, but then changed my mind to another one I'd applied to, I would be able to swap it :smile: I've been to an open day, and I like the look of Mason or Vicky Hall :smile:
Reply 632
I couldn't apply for mine until April because that was when I received my offer, so I didn't get any of mine, I got so frustrated with the whole system :tongue:

Ah, thats a shame. I heard that they allocated all the unconditionals their accommodation first for my year but I'm not sure if thats true. I just know there were a lot of freshers this year compared to the year before which is why a lot of people didn't get any of their choices. I'm just happy that at least all my choices were places I liked because the system is a bit unreliable/unpredictable even though they say its first come first serve.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah well done!!! :biggrin: you firming it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too sure yet, I'm torn between firming this or putting Uni of Notts as my firm with my unconditional from Leicester as my insurance!!
Hi Guys,

Good luck in your accommodation applications. If you are not happy and want to look elsewhere, take a look at Edge Apartments. It is a brand new private hall for Sept 2014 and is just a 5 minute walk from Edgbaston Campus. There is an on-site gym, cinema room, study rooms and all rents are all inclusive so you wont need to worry about bills.

We have on-site staff who will be happy to answer any questions so if you would like any more information, just get in touch! [email protected].

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/student-accommodation/birmingham/edge-apartments

Good luck!
Reply 635
Original post by Collegiate Accommodation
Hi Guys,

Good luck in your accommodation applications. If you are not happy and want to look elsewhere, take a look at Edge Apartments. It is a brand new private hall for Sept 2014 and is just a 5 minute walk from Edgbaston Campus. There is an on-site gym, cinema room, study rooms and all rents are all inclusive so you wont need to worry about bills.

We have on-site staff who will be happy to answer any questions so if you would like any more information, just get in touch! [email protected].

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/student-accommodation/birmingham/edge-apartments

Good luck!

No ads on here please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its not an ad, just letting you know about it! As i am sure you agree, it is useful to know all your options. Sorry if it seemed like an ad :smile:

Original post by iLayton
No ads on here please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
Has anyone else applied for their accommodation? Mine were:

1) Tennis Courts
2) Jarret Hall (large)
3) Jarret Hall
4) Elgar Court
5) Victoria Hall
6) Mason
Well done! :biggrin: I've got an offer for English Lit and history too!! I confirmed it the other day :smile: Booking my accommodation soon :smile:

Thank you! You too!
Is Birmingham your first choice? It looks sooo good!

I am going to be living at home, or I might move in with a friend. But sh*t costs. :P
As I have mentioned before as a first year Tennis Courts living, law student feel free to PM me with Q's as I know how you all feel! Good luck to those waiting for offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending