The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Cephalosporin
Hey hey :smile: I remember you from the Dundee thread!! Looks like half our choices are identical (great minds think alike obvs XP).

Hopefully we'll hear back from Barts soon!!

yeah I really really hope so!!!
Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics . but I'm predicted 4A'S at A2 .What are my chances of getting an interview?
Reply 662
Original post by Nasirdeen96
Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics . but I'm predicted 4A'S at A2 .What are my chances of getting an interview?

Hey, I have no idea about all these A's and B's, because I did the IB DP, but as far as I remember Barts invites those who got more than 2400 overall on UKCAT. I think it's even stated on the UKCAT official website.
Reply 663
Hello Everybody
i hope everybody is slowly getting their interviews for med school
i just wanted to ask, and I know that this is a very difficult to answer, but approxhow many candidates applying to Barts don't get a UKCAT score of above 2400.
I would have thought nearly all the candidates applying here would have a total score above 2400 and is it true that if you do get a score of over 2400 you are automatically invited for an interview
Reply 664
Original post by Good Guy
Hello Everybody
i just wanted to ask, and I know that this is a very difficult to answer, but approxhow many candidates applying to Barts don't get a UKCAT score of above 2400.
I would have thought nearly all the candidates applying here would have a total score above 2400 and is it true that if you do get a score of over 2400 you are automatically invited for an interview

The only place i know of that gives automatic interviews is HULL YORK.. And thats if you get over 2800..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
No news is good news... That's all I have to keep me in any way sane.
Reply 666
Original post by Good Guy
Hello Everybody

Go to the official UKCAT website, click on the tab "Taking the test" (top second from the right) and then click on "Your test result". Here you'll have links to both - the information about how each uni uses the UKCAT score and average score and decile ranges for 2013.

In case you want to take a look at the scores of the other applicants, google "Medicine Applicants Stalking Page 2014", there is such a page here at TSR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 667
What is the interview to offer ratio and does anyone know if GCSE's are also taken into account when they calculate the UCAS tariff points?
Reply 668
Original post by boss-man
What is the interview to offer ratio and does anyone know if GCSE's are also taken into account when they calculate the UCAS tariff points?

Gcse's are not taken into account. They are calculating ucas tariffs right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
Original post by franngu
Gcse's are not taken into account. They are calculating ucas tariffs right now!
Postd from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Will the interviews be allocated randomly or will they be starting from the highest UCAS tariff to the lowest.
Reply 670

Last i heard the gcse's didnt matter to qm. not sure about any current developments
Reply 671
Thank you! Will the interviews be allocated randomly or will they be starting from the highest UCAS tariff to the lowest.

Not sure about that. International applicants are interviewed first I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys, should we expect the first rejections from Barts this or the next week? i really can't wait anymore! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kcapsoccer
guys, should we expect the first rejections from Barts this or the next week? i really can't wait anymore! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year my rejection came through around the 10th December :frown: but it varies between people/year to year.
Original post by lovelycup7
Last year my rejection came through around the 10th December :frown: but it varies between people/year to year.

so we can only wait.. :frown: what was your ukcat last year if you dont mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kcapsoccer
so we can only wait.. :frown: what was your ukcat last year if you dont mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 660 :redface: How did yours go this year? and where have you applied :smile:
Reply 676
Around 660 :redface: How did yours go this year? and where have you applied :smile:

Hey, my UKCAT score last year was 667.5 and I was invited for the interview. Do you think there might have been the cut-off between us, or there might be things more important than UKCAT itself?

Good luck this year! :smile:
Reply 677
Original post by Blayenne
Hey, my UKCAT score last year was 667.5 and I was invited for the interview. Do you think there might have been the cut-off between us, or there might be things more important than UKCAT itself?

Good luck this year! :smile:

I think it may be a bit more than UKCAT as the cut off was 670 last year.. But I don't know what else they look at....
Reply 678
Original post by unnati212
I think it may be a bit more than UKCAT as the cut off was 670 last year.. But I don't know what else they look at....

Barts DO NOT have a UKCAT cut off score, they combine your ukcat score with your UCAS tariff points and then offer interviews based on your combined score. Last year some of my friends had interviews with 605 even though others had been rejected with scores of 690+ as it also depends on how high your Ucas points are.

my ukcat is 740 but i dont think my ucas points will be enough.. how is your ukcat? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending