The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry Applicants 2014

So who else has applied for dentistry at Leeds starting 2014? :smile:

Thought I'd start this thread so that people can discuss interviews/offers/(hopefully not) rejections. But if we can avoid posting amazing stats and then asking 'what are my chances?' then that would be fab :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am. but i am an international student :smile:
I'm applying here :biggrin: love Leeds so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Good luck with the interviews, they're ''different'' ... but fun.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by miss.baker
i am. but i am an international student :smile:

Me too :biggrin: Where are you from? I'm from Hong Kong, currently studying in the UK :smile:
JUST SENT OFF MY UCAS AISDHAKJDS :O
Reply 5
I'm applying as well :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by koyyj127
Me too :biggrin: Where are you from? I'm from Hong Kong, currently studying in the UK :smile:
JUST SENT OFF MY UCAS AISDHAKJDS :O

I'm from malaysia.:biggrin: sent my ucas last week..sooo scared. the fact that dentistry is sooo competitive esp for international students is soo demotivating hmmppph
Reply 7
Original post by miss.baker
I'm from malaysia.:biggrin: sent my ucas last week..sooo scared. the fact that dentistry is sooo competitive esp for international students is soo demotivating hmmppph

yeaa :frown: and Leeds is one of the dental schools with the largest no of applicants :frown: Really want to get an interview from there :frown: and the international places are so limited :'(
Reply 8
Original post by Elle.Alice
So who else has applied for dentistry at Leeds starting 2014? :smile:

Thought I'd start this thread so that people can discuss interviews/offers/(hopefully not) rejections. But if we can avoid posting amazing stats and then asking 'what are my chances?' then that would be fab :wink:

Hey I've applied to Leeds! It's actually my main option because it literally is amazing haha! Apparently interviews are from 13-19th Dec and they let you know 2 weeks beforehand! Fingers crossed atm!
Reply 9
Original post by numar9501
Hey I've applied to Leeds! It's actually my main option because it literally is amazing haha! Apparently interviews are from 13-19th Dec and they let you know 2 weeks beforehand! Fingers crossed atm!

I agree, Leeds is awesome! Oooh that's interesting to know that they only tell you about interviews two weeks before, means I can try and stop obsessively checking my emails :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I am applying as well
Reply 11
I have :smile:

Really hoping for an interview, the whole masters degree thing is quite interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I've applied there too. It's in my opinion one of the best but also ridiculously competitive. Just hope i get an interview!
Reply 13
I've applied at leeds too. What other uni's have you lot applied to?
Reply 14
Has anybody received offer/rejection yet? I live in Leeds and I really hope I get a place in Leeds university. I find it difficult to move from here to another city.
I've applied to Leeds, but am dreading the competition as it's 1500 applicants to 80 places, and when I went to the open day, there were so many sharp and perfect candidates so I felt a big case of inferiority complex. I just hope that I get an interview!
Original post by AmyAintDead
I've applied to Leeds, but am dreading the competition as it's 1500 applicants to 80 places, and when I went to the open day, there were so many sharp and perfect candidates so I felt a big case of inferiority complex. I just hope that I get an interview!

That's a competition of around 20 candidates per place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caribbeantwist
That's a competition of around 20 candidates per place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Argh, it's awful isn't it? But your stats are beautiful so fingers crossed you'll have a chance!
Original post by AmyAintDead
Argh, it's awful isn't it? But your stats are beautiful so fingers crossed you'll have a chance!

I know its ridiculous, they should make more places :wink:
aww thanks! You too :smile: :bunny2:
Why I *need* to get into Leeds.

1) The dental school is MChD - a beautiful, advanced, awesome course!
2) MOOG is the coolest thing ever - makes you feel like you're a dentist for robots.
3) DentSoc
4) Dental students are super duper friendly
5) THEIR SOCIETIES ARE AMAZING. I quite fancy the Sci-Fi and Fantasy and especially Stitching and B***hing cause I love sewing.

Why does everybody else need to go to Leeds?

Quick Reply

Latest