The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

good win, nice to see Mata starting and getting an assist. Hope we can win against Sunderland on Wednesday and get some momentum going.
Reply 8221
Original post by bammy jastard 27
He's a troll, like with dogswithwings, who flocks onto our thread when we lose(although he said he's going to troll arsenal when they next lose due to their reactions :lol:). Boring tbh. I don't get what people gain from adding vitriolic garbage to the site. Especially since it's not even that good at annoying posters, bar the waste of time in filtering out bad posts on the thread.

Yeah I usually ignore but I just thought I'd rub our win in his face coz if the result was reversed he would have been all over this thread. Yeah I find trolls pretty pointless as well but apparently we gotta take the nonsense coz it's football :rolleyes:
Original post by The Assassin
Anyone heard the stuff about AVB? Doesn't look like he can take criticism too well tbh. Can't handle the pressure. Shows it bothers him and the media will continue writing negative things about him they don't care.

Glad we don't have to worry anymore though; never was a massive fan of him and his decisions (not all, but a lot) . In fact possibly the only sacking from RA that I can agree with (maybe Tinkerman as well considering who got afterwards!)

The media have become progressively worse over the years. Ashton and Samuel (although Samuel actually makes some decent articles from time to time) posted some ridiculous arguments about him. Almost as if they were ganging up on him and singling him out. You don't see them go through extra lengths to criticize Jol, Alladyce or Hughton . . .
Reply 8223
Original post by little_tom
The media have become progressively worse over the years. Ashton and Samuel (although Samuel actually makes some decent articles from time to time) posted some ridiculous arguments about him. Almost as if they were ganging up on him and singling him out. You don't see them go through extra lengths to criticize Jol, Alladyce or Hughton . . .

This, they've been doing it to AVB since he criticized the media in the Chelsea job. People just been lapping it up.
Reply 8224
I think Mourinho deserves a lot of credit for the win today, although I'm not wanting to take anything away from the players as they all played well and adapted to formation changes well too. I really think our main problem is our mentality, which was noticeable last season too. We often underestimate sides and, despite still working hard, are almost lazy going forward; we arrive expecting to win and everyone seems to be awaiting a magical moment in front of goal from someone else (think Mata would help with this as he provides these "moments" better than anyone else we have). All our best performances this season have been against tough opposition (Arsenal/Southampton/Spurs/City/Schalke), whilst our worst have been against weaker teams (Basel/West Brom etc.). We just need to install the right mentality, we've got 5 very winnable games before the trip to Arsenal and I think if we can go on a run during this period we'll really get some momentum. Think we can win at Arsenal too; have done well against Arsenal recently and Mourinho's record against Arsene is excellent. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see us settle for a draw though, given our performances at OT and WHL Mourinho seems okay with drawing away against the top teams.

Think Mata made a strong case about featuring more permanently in the side today, although we have 9 games this month so our depth will be essential, reckon we'll see a lot more rotation too.
Reply 8225
Also

:coma:
Reply 8226
Original post by Nickini
Also

:coma:

Yeah that pass deserved a goal in itself. I'm pretty happy with our second and third goals. Great play in the buildup to those goals.
Original post by little_tom

Original post by bammy jastard 27
This, they've been doing it to AVB since he criticized the media in the Chelsea job. People just been lapping it up.

Yeah fair enough. Idk I guess it's because he's totally inexperienced compared to those guys, and they're trying to get to him because he spent 100m. I think AVB has shot himself in the foot a little bit though, as now the press will be pointing to him cracking under pressure.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8228
I get that, but why didn't moyes get any of this pressure when he got thrashed by City at home too?
If we win our next 2 games (Sunderland and Stoke), in the gameweek after, City are at home to Arsenal and we play Crystal Palace at home. By then we should be 1-2 points behind Arsenal hopefully and by the time we get to the Emirates, we'll have a chance to overtake them
Reply 8230
Original post by 9MmBulletz
If we win our next 2 games (Sunderland and Stoke), in the gameweek after, City are at home to Arsenal and we play Crystal Palace at home. By then we should be 1-2 points behind Arsenal hopefully and by the time we get to the Emirates, we'll have a chance to overtake them

What if Arsenal win all their games up to the Chelsea game? :colone: Lot of ifs and buts mate. Football is very unpredictable.
Reply 8231
Original post by Basiji
What if Arsenal win all their games up to the Chelsea game? :colone: Lot of ifs and buts mate. Football is very unpredictable.

Yeah football is unpredictable and hell we might even lose to Stoke or some other lower team. That doesn't mean we can't make logical predictions though, and given City's home form it makes sense to assume Arsenal will drop points there.
Original post by Basiji

Can't wait to watch City bang 4-5 past Arsenal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 8233
Original post by Nichrome
Can't wait to watch City bang 4-5 past Arsenal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ok :erm:
Original post by trrr
Rubbish, you need to watch another sport if you really think that.

Deluded.
Original post by Basiji

Of course there are, but considering Arsenal have to play two genuine contenders (Chelsea and City), while we have just you guys and Liverpool at a stretch, things will look interesting by Christmas day
vs Sunderland
vs Stoke
vs Palace
vs rsenal
vs Swansea
vs Liverpool

Decent set of fixtures. Should be expecting 16-18 points from this. Liverpool might be a problem because we can never win against them and there's a habit of ex-players scoring against us, not to mention this time it's someone like Sturridge although if he's out we should be able to win. Stoke always an annoyance too I guess.
Reply 8237
Not scared of liverpool without sturridge tbh. Their problems from last season were still apparent, just that sturridge sorted out the problem by his goals. They were literally doing nothing against us until he came on last time, the game before we were in pretty poor form at the time and our strikers were doing terrible.
Original post by The Assassin
vs Sunderland
vs Stoke
vs Palace
vs rsenal
vs Swansea
vs Liverpool

Decent set of fixtures. Should be expecting 16-18 points from this. Liverpool might be a problem because we can never win against them and there's a habit of ex-players scoring against us, not to mention this time it's someone like Sturridge although if he's out we should be able to win. Stoke always an annoyance too I guess.

I've projected Arsenal to get around 21/30 points in next 10 games and for us to get 23/30 points in the next 10 games. Though 1-2 injuries in the Arsenal squad could lower that further.
I get more nervous playing teams we 'should' win against nowadays tbh. Just as people were saying a few pages back, we seem to get complacent/lower our level against teams we should beat, and it seems that our midfield still has some trouble breaking down the 10-men defences that lower positioned teams throw at us.

Latest