The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloxorus
My application was received by UCAS on the 9th October and I applied to UCL, Bristol, Bath, Nottingham and York and only one offer so far from York :frown:
Starting to get worried now.

No real reason to be worried yet. If you have no more offers in February then you might have a decent reason to be worried, but I'm pretty sure Nottingham don't start giving out offers to UK applicants till January and other than on the student room, I've not heard of anyone having received offers from Bristol for economics (and I know two people other than myself who've applied for it)...
Original post by Bloxorus
My application was received by UCAS on the 9th October and I applied to UCL, Bristol, Bath, Nottingham and York and only one offer so far from York :frown:
Starting to get worried now.

I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

that said, i applied 9 days after you and York got back to me within 10 days and Bath did a couple of weeks later. So i dunno, although apparently loads of Bath applicants don't hear till like Jan/Feb anyway :smile:
Original post by NewtoTSR
these are the two I'm waiting on too :/
may I ask for your grades and when you applied?

I havent heard anything from them. I am predicted A*A*A* and A in further maths AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="LFR;45370718"]
Original post by kiirankapoor
Anyone heard from Warwick or Nottingham?

I've got an offer from Warwick, but heard nothing from
Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply and what were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2444
Original post by robin1125
No real reason to be worried yet. If you have no more offers in February then you might have a decent reason to be worried, but I'm pretty sure Nottingham don't start giving out offers to UK applicants till January and other than on the student room, I've not heard of anyone having received offers from Bristol for economics (and I know two people other than myself who've applied for it)...
Me and 10 others in my year have offers from Bristol
Has anybody heard much back from Nottingham beyond the acceptance email? All of my other offers were received within a few weeks of my application being sent off, so I'm supposing they shelve a lot of them until after the deadline. (I'm supposing this may be because they also offer AAA, so if they have a smaller number of applicants they may make a few more AAA offers to ensure they have a full course in 2014.)

On the other hand, I may have just been rejected. ^_^
Reply 2446
[QUOTE="kiirankapoor;45379624"]
Original post by LFR

When did you apply and what were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8th October and a*a*a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
RECEIVED A INTERVIEW AT OXFORD FOR ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT :smile:!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rafael_96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile: which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by Epic Flawless
Congrats! :smile: which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Trinity college, very humble and grateful they considered me for a interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monstercable
Well done! Hope it goes well :smile:

Appreciate it, thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2452
Thank you!
Trinity college, very humble and grateful they considered me for a interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Did you get it on ucas or by letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LFR
Well done! Did you get it on ucas or by letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, and by email, was in maths class when I read it and went crazy haha. I'll check my UCAS when I get home aswell though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got invited to an open day at UCL for Economics and Statistics on December 11th!!!

Anyone else been invited?
Original post by leinad2012
Just got invited to an open day at UCL for Economics and Statistics on December 11th!!!

Congrats!

Can I ask what your gcses, as and predictions were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Congrats!

Can I ask what your gcses, as and predictions were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure thing,

GCSE: 7A* 6A (only 4A* in a way because 2 were BTEC and I got 2 for Maths)
Also got A in Additional Maths
AS Level: AABC in Maths, Product Design, Economics and Physics in that order (above 90% in both the A's)
A2 Level Predictions:A*A*A, also predicted a for AS Further Maths which I'm learning this year.

I think quite a bit was down to Personal Statement, I sent hours on it to make sure it was perfect

What about u?
Just received an invite to the UCL Econ&Stats open day. Absolutely delighted with that!

Original post by leinad2012

Yeah, UCL one of your first choices?
Original post by NedStark
Just received an invite to the UCL Econ&Stats open day. Absolutely delighted with that!

Congrats Ned, deserved it after you stunning performance in Game of Thrones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedStark

Well I applied for 2 courses at UCL: straight econ, and econ and stats.

Also applied for straight econ at LSE.

TBH I really don't mind out of those 3, I'm just thrilled I got an open day invitation for one!

I'd say that I prefer the structure of economics and statistics over the other two, so it probably just edges the other two out :P

How bout you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending