The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
HI i have applied for edinburgh, strathclyde and glasgow. Hoping to hear about interviews soon. Received my Ucas letter today to track :biggrin: anyone else applied for these universitys ?
Hi, Had my interview for social science at the IoE today. Wasn't too stressful, there were 7 of us and we were told that there were 20 places, and if we impressed them today we should all get a place (they said we werent in competition!).

we had to answer how what challenges we may face during the PGCE, how our subject is relevant to young people, and discuss a current educational topic. The individual interviews were really short (only 15 mins) we had to present our lesson plan and then have a 5/10 miniute chat (why do you want to be a teacher, why this institute, etc).

My 1-1 was quite relaxed and we were laughing and joking a little towards the end. Its jsut hard becuase you don't know what they really look forward and how you come accross.

On another note, i got asked to attend an interview today for Worcester uni for a Psychology PGCE, so there may be hope if I'm unsuccessful at the IoE!
Original post by cutebat
yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?

Congrats, when is your interview for St Mary's ?
Reply 2403
Original post by andrea199
Congrats, when is your interview for St Mary's ?

11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?
Original post by cutebat
11th Dec have you got one at St Mary's?

No I haven't sent mine off yet, got my final reference done today, but I am really confused about whether its modular or non modular for all my choices so I might ring them up tomorrow to check! Also I would really rather have my interviews after xmas now, I'm just sorting out revision stuff for my skills tests and working full time! I can't believe the short notice they are giving !
Reply 2405
No I haven't sent mine off yet, got my final reference done today, but I am really confused about whether its modular or non modular for all my choices so I might ring them up tomorrow to check! Also I would really rather have my interviews after xmas now, I'm just sorting out revision stuff for my skills tests and working full time! I can't believe the short notice they are giving !

I know its scarily short. You choose modular I chose the other one and they didn't receive it so rung UCAS and had to change it to modular. (I rung St Mary's last week) Good luck!
Reply 2406
Original post by magic_box
I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December :smile:

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!

Hi Magic box- I see you have interview on 10th for St Mary's. What is it your applying for? I have one for 11th (Primary) :-)
Original post by cutebat
I know its scarily short. You choose modular I chose the other one and they didn't receive it so rung UCAS and had to change it to modular. (I rung St Mary's last week) Good luck!

This is why I am really confused, I thought modular meant for part time or flexible learning. Does that mean it should be modular for my other choices like roehampton etc?
Original post by cutebat
Hi Magic box- I see you have interview on 10th for St Mary's. What is it your applying for? I have one for 11th (Primary) :-)

Hello! :smile: Mine is for Secondary RE.
Are you travelling from far? From what they have sent me it seems it's going to be a very long day.
I have an interview for Kings this Friday which seems a lot more informal from the email!
Reply 2409
I applied on the 21st and STILL I am waiting for my second reference.
I was at the school on Friday and she said she'd do it over the weekend. I know its only Monday, but I'm aplying for Drama. Usually, youre bot likely to have a chance if youre not on a course by January. Every day is pretty much a huge loss in my chances and I've been patient enough now.
Reply 2410
This is why I am really confused, I thought modular meant for part time or flexible learning. Does that mean it should be modular for my other choices like roehampton etc?

This is what confused me and thats why I didn't choose modular to start of with but it definitely has to say modular. Full time not flexible so you should be able to choose the code and then there will be a drop box which you change to modular.
Reply 2411
Hello! :smile: Mine is for Secondary RE.
Are you travelling from far? From what they have sent me it seems it's going to be a very long day.
I have an interview for Kings this Friday which seems a lot more informal from the email!

ooo good luck for the one on Friday! I know the day looks intense. I don't really understand it either at one point it says candidates are expected to take part in group discussion and presentations. But there is no mention of presentation any where else so I don't know if we have to prepare presentation? Do you for RE?
Original post by cutebat
This is what confused me and thats why I didn't choose modular to start of with but it definitely has to say modular. Full time not flexible so you should be able to choose the code and then there will be a drop box which you change to modular.

Ok thank you well I have gone with that and sent it. Good luck for Roehampton on Wed, let me know how it goes. Also for the presentation at St Mary's its an on the spot one about an issue they give you. :smile:
Original post by cutebat
ooo good luck for the one on Friday! I know the day looks intense. I don't really understand it either at one point it says candidates are expected to take part in group discussion and presentations. But there is no mention of presentation any where else so I don't know if we have to prepare presentation? Do you for RE?

Thank you!
Yes, we have to prepare a 3 minute talk justifying our subjects place in the curriculum. It's such a short amount of time to fit things in! And no ICT is allowed.
I'm looking forward to it though. I just want to get onto a course so much!
Didn't know about the modular aspect. I have my Welcome letter here and under the Modular column I have three letter 'N's, is that wrong (means non-modular)? Will I just phone up UCAS in the morning to get this fixed?

Andy
Reply 2415
Ok thank you well I have gone with that and sent it. Good luck for Roehampton on Wed, let me know how it goes. Also for the presentation at St Mary's its an on the spot one about an issue they give you. :smile:

Oh my goodness! How did you find that out? I've re read the email about five times and couldn't find it! :-/ thanks!
Reply 2416
Thank you!
Yes, we have to prepare a 3 minute talk justifying our subjects place in the curriculum. It's such a short amount of time to fit things in! And no ICT is allowed.
I'm looking forward to it though. I just want to get onto a course so much!

That sounds great! Good luck
Original post by cutebat
Oh my goodness! How did you find that out? I've re read the email about five times and couldn't find it! :-/ thanks!

That is what you had to do last year, and they mentioned it briefly at the open evening. It is a group one though so I don't think it will be too bad!
Reply 2418
That is what you had to do last year, and they mentioned it briefly at the open evening. It is a group one though so I don't think it will be too bad!

Thannnnkyouuuu :-) did you apply last year then?
Anyone applying to Exeter, Chichester (PGCE) or the Solent SCITT know if we put modular or not down? I've got no for all three, but now I'm questioning that! The uni websites don't seem to make it clear either!

Latest

Trending

Trending