The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Samurai Flamenco has a really cool opening.
Started experimenting with scanlations on the Kindle, and quickly learned that the Kindle Comic Converter is my friend. It's ridiculously easy to use, and the resulting files look great! :zomg:

I did stop and wonder for a moment whether free, portable scanlations would result in me spending less on licensed manga, but somehow I doubt it. Nothing could stop me buying manga. :nah: I'll mostly use it for unlicensed series, and also stuff that I started reading with Tokyopop, only to have to drop them part way through when the company went bust. :sigh:
I fancy watching Upotte!! and/or Sky Girls after some reviews by some of the more sane anime soc' people.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I fancy watching Upotte!! and/or Sky Girls after some reviews by some of the more sane anime soc' people.

I've not seen Sky Girls, but found Upotte!! quite entertaining. :yes: Ended a bit abruptly, though.
by far the beat ippo ep of this season, im so pumped up :bhangra:
Reply 6065
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Started experimenting with scanlations on the Kindle, and quickly learned that the Kindle Comic Converter is my friend. It's ridiculously easy to use, and the resulting files look great! :zomg:

I did stop and wonder for a moment whether free, portable scanlations would result in me spending less on licensed manga, but somehow I doubt it. Nothing could stop me buying manga. :nah: I'll mostly use it for unlicensed series, and also stuff that I started reading with Tokyopop, only to have to drop them part way through when the company went bust. :sigh:

:beard:Gonna take a look at that myself. Ive been using two programs to convert manga which are quite time consuming and long winded.:frown:
Original post by eugenius 8
by far the beat ippo ep of this season, im so pumped up :bhangra:

Yup, Ippo :cool: as always

:mmm:The end, hinting at a shonen staple.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Okay, so how many of IMDB's Top 50 anime series have people seen? I scored 36. :proud: Though I left out Hunter x Hunter on the assumption they were referring to the first adaptation. And a few of the others have been kicking around on my want to watch list for ages. City Hunter surprised me though, can't say I've heard much about that before. :beard:

http://www.listchallenges.com/top-50-anime-series-imdb?ref=share
Okay, so how many of IMDB's Top 50 anime series have people seen? I scored 36. :proud: Though I left out Hunter x Hunter on the assumption they were referring to the first adaptation. And a few of the others have been kicking around on my want to watch list for ages. City Hunter surprised me though, can't say I've heard much about that before. :beard:

http://www.listchallenges.com/top-50-anime-series-imdb?ref=share

I've watched 16 but to be honest, some of these need to be a lot higher than they are.
ive only seen 11 of them :colondollar: theres quite s few classics which i should really be watching :beard:
Reply 6069
29:awesome:
Got five and that was including non-completed stuff as well :tongue: can't say that many interest me either.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6071
50/50 for me.

I was hoping that there was at least one that I hadn't seen, but nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I have one question, and one question only:

What is this?
RX78GP01_GundamZephyranthes_-_Front_View.jpg
Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
I have one question, and one question only:

What is this?
RX78GP01_GundamZephyranthes_-_Front_View.jpg

The answer is actually in the image title. :p: I just googled Gundam Zephyranthes, and found this page. From the series Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. :smile:
The answer is actually in the image title. :p: I just googled Gundam Zephyranthes, and found this page. From the series Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. :smile:

You've just ruined the joke :/
Original post by Rothwell
Got 9. Included Cowboy Bebop, which I've nearly finished, and FMA (only watched Brotherhood). Monster, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex are all in progress for me. :smile:

Monster is waaaay to long and dragged out for my liking, I got bored after episode 14(ish), I think, i quickly thought I should give it up but you KNEW how it would end when you get there.

I short, you could probably drop an easy 20 odd episodes and it still make sense...
Original post by Scienceisgood
Monster is waaaay to long and dragged out for my liking, I got bored after episode 14(ish), I think, i quickly thought I should give it up but you KNEW how it would end when you get there.

I short, you could probably drop an easy 20 odd episodes and it still make sense...

You really can't resist any opportunity to rant about Monster, can you? :tongue:

Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
You've just ruined the joke :/

:awesome:
Original post by angryjellyfish
you really can't resist any opportunity to rant about monster, can you? :tongue:

:awesome:

I can't blame them!
Reply 6078
I would easily rank Monster among my top 20, if I had such a list. All things considered, it was excellent.

That said, I do agree that the pacing could have been faster. 50 episodes would have sufficed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6079
AJ, I'll reply to your post when I get back home. Bit difficult on the phone. :tongue: Haven't visited TSR for over a week. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest