The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cannon God Exxaxion is turning out to be a hassle to convert for the Kindle... nothing to do with the programme, just the fact that it switches from reading left to right (like a western comic) to vice versa part way through a volume, on account of Dark Horse dropping it (shame, as I'd definitely buy it if it got published fully). Think I'll have to separate it into volumes '6' and '6.5' or something.

*hopes he isn't spoiling the story for himself by checking random dialogue-heavy panels to find exactly where the change occurs*

[EDIT] Ah, looks like it's just two chapters, might tag them on the end of volume 5 instead.

Original post by Aiko
AJ, I'll reply to your post when I get back home. Bit difficult on the phone. :tongue: Haven't visited TSR for over a week. :redface:

No problem, looking forward to it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
You really can't resist any opportunity to rant about Monster, can you? :tongue:

Even Aiko agrees it could have knocked some 20 episodes and knocking it from 74 episodes to 50...
Original post by Scienceisgood
Even Aiko agrees it could have knocked some 20 episodes and knocking it from 74 episodes to 50...

Personally, I disagree... but people have different opinions, and of course there's nothing wrong with that. I was more commenting on your tendency to moan about Monster's slow pacing Every. Single. Time. the series gets mentioned. :hmmmm2:
Personally, I disagree... but people have different opinions, and of course there's nothing wrong with that. I was more commenting on your tendency to moan about Monster's slow pacing Every. Single. Time. the series gets mentioned. :hmmmm2:

Wow, you actually took the time to look for my posts?
I don't know whether to be flattered or feel just plain awkward...
Reply 6084
Cannon God Exxaxion is turning out to be a hassle to convert for the Kindle... nothing to do with the programme, just the fact that it switches from reading left to right (like a western comic) to vice versa part way through a volume, on account of Dark Horse dropping it (shame, as I'd definitely buy it if it got published fully). Think I'll have to separate it into volumes '6' and '6.5' or something.

Ah, Exxaxion. I enjoyed it but it rather cemented my impression that Kenichi Sonoda is a dangerous man.
Reply 6085
Golden Time is a really weird series. If it stuck to comedy, it'd probably be one of my favourites of the season, as few other ongoing series have gotten as many laughs out of me. Not so keen on the romance and drama, though - can't say I'm overly fond of Kaga Koko, and there's another plot twist surrounding Banri that I don't really know what to make of... I think the pacing is probably my main issue, it's just trying to cram too many things into each episode.

I still haven't had the chance to resume this yet. In all likelihood, I'll probably end up marathoning it once it finishes.

I'm slightly discouraged by the fact that you're not so keen on the romance and drama, given that my main incentive to watch this is for that.

As for the pacing, my friend Rika is also watching this and she said the same thing. Hopefully, this'll be less noticeable when watching the episodes in batches.

Nagi no Asukara is really growing on me now, it's definitely the better of the two for romance and drama. Wouldn't say it's anything special, but it makes for easy viewing. And the animation quality is spectacular. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's the one thing that really stood out for me, the animation (especially the backgrounds). I suppose you'd expect nothing less from P.A. Works.

Will definitely resume this soonish as well. Unfortunately, given the Secret Santa, I've had to hold back on resuming any of the weeklies that I've temporarily stalled, whilst keeping up to date with those that I'm still committing to. As I seldom watch much during the week, it's proving tricky. :sadnod:

The focus of Outbreak Company is very much still on introducing moe to the masses of the generic fantasy world. I'm finding it quite unique, and some episodes have been hilarious. I like spotting the references to other anime and manga, too. Might not be the series for you if you're still averse to anything focusing on otaku culture, though. :p:

When I glance over the few blogs I follow, I see snapshots of Outbreak Company and it looks like a lot of fun. I think my apprehensiveness is somewhat unwarranted. I'm sure if I actually started to watch this, I'd enjoy it (like I do with almost everything). It's more of a case of time. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually, possibly sooner than later.

That was my main issue. Mirai seemed to be the definition of generic, KyoAni-brand moe blob, and I actually found the first episode cringeworthy. Not sure any amount of decent plot or action scenes could convince me to give it another shot. :no:

I always end up watching anime by KyoAni, if only because their studio is coincidentally based in the same city I grew up in. :tongue: I have no real incentive to watch this weekly, but it'll definitely be one to pick up later down the road.

The only thing that stuck in my mind after the first episode of Strike the Blood was that one pantyshot that seemed to go on forever, later reappearing in a flashback scene. I don't know when that level of fanservice started bothering me, but it does now. Yet strangely, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! is fine... I don't understand my own standards. :p:

I honestly can't remember this panty shot you're alluding to. There is some fan service, but it's far from excessive. If anything, they've held back quite a bit as I can't seem to recall any in the last couple of episodes. Certainly not fan service for the sake of offering it. The focus is very much on the plot and action at the moment.

Original post by eugenius 8
Air is still my fave prob cos it was the first one i watched out of the 3 and first time getting them feels :cry2: for me its Air > Clannad > Kanon :yep:

Yeah, I think for me it ultimately boils down to nostalgia. I'm referring more to the original Kanon by Toei, not the remake by KyoAni later on. All of the Key adaptations are pretty similar, overall. However, I do prefer Air, if only because I felt the connection between the two leads was captured really well. I think the difference in age gave Air a tinge of originality that distinguished it somewhat from other eroge adaptations.

downloaded the first season of Little Busters the other day but still hesitating about getting back to it and if its really worth watching to get to the better 2nd season :p:

Yeah, I saw the first couple of episodes, but quickly lost interest. I'll probably resume it at some point, a few years down the line.

also

Spoiler

:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Scienceisgood

It's the philosophical stuff about Monster that makes it amazing :biggrin:. No I'm joking it would have been better if the series was a bit shorter, felt to me that it just drags on and on, although, I'd still class it as one of the greatest animes/mangas.
Original post by QHF
Ah, Exxaxion. I enjoyed it but it rather cemented my impression that Kenichi Sonoda is a dangerous man.

The fact that Dark Horse heavily censored - then finally dropped - the series when they continue to release Berserk uncensored was enough of a warning about the content... but I'm such a huge fan of his style after Gunsmith Cats that I'm willing to give it a shot. I was actually hoping to go with Bullet the Wizard, but I've yet to find any scanlations of that. :frown:
Original post by Aiko
I still haven't had the chance to resume this yet. In all likelihood, I'll probably end up marathoning it once it finishes.

I'm slightly discouraged by the fact that you're not so keen on the romance and drama, given that my main incentive to watch this is for that.

As for the pacing, my friend Rika is also watching this and she said the same thing. Hopefully, this'll be less noticeable when watching the episodes in batches.

Golden Time is definitely all about the comedy for me, and as the focus is beginning to switch more and more towards drama, I find it slipping in my rankings. :sadnod: Not sure whether watching it in batches would help either, (for me at least) there would probably be too much going on to process. :redface: Watching it on half speed might work, though. :tongue:

Original post by Aiko
Yeah, that's the one thing that really stood out for me, the animation (especially the backgrounds). I suppose you'd expect nothing less from P.A. Works.

Will definitely resume this soonish as well. Unfortunately, given the Secret Santa, I've had to hold back on resuming any of the weeklies that I've temporarily stalled, whilst keeping up to date with those that I'm still committing to. As I seldom watch much during the week, it's proving tricky. :sadnod:

I'm prioritising my weeklies over the Secret Santa now that I've marathoned at least two of the three titles I was given (though I'm trying to watch at least one ep of Beelzebub a day, with mini-marathons planned for the weekend).

Original post by Aiko
When I glance over the few blogs I follow, I see snapshots of Outbreak Company and it looks like a lot of fun. I think my apprehensiveness is somewhat unwarranted. I'm sure if I actually started to watch this, I'd enjoy it (like I do with almost everything). It's more of a case of time. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually, possibly sooner than later.

Fair enough. It is good fun, but it's by no means a must-watch-right-now kind of series in my opinion. :giggle:

Original post by Aiko
I honestly can't remember this panty shot you're alluding to. There is some fan service, but it's far from excessive. If anything, they've held back quite a bit as I can't seem to recall any in the last couple of episodes. Certainly not fan service for the sake of offering it. The focus is very much on the plot and action at the moment.

This one. :p: Like that blogger, I think I was shocked at seeing such a generic scene after so long. :tongue: Perhaps I could have given it more of a chance, but I'm happy enough (and struggling to keep up) with what I'm watching right now. :smile:
has been a bit lacking the last 2/3 eps but Non Non Biyori back to its cute and funny best :h: that end lol :mmm:
Reply 6090
I kind if forgot we were actually supposed to watch our secret santa series.:mmm:

Ive started acquiring spice and wolf, but Ive had grave of the fireflies for years.:s-smilie:

Of course Im watching such little anime at the moment, so it might take me some time.

What kind of nursery are you running here.:hmmm:

Monster is another series Ive been meaning to rewatch. I did like it when I watched it the first time, and never had any issues with the pacing, though I agree it could be just a bit shorter and not suffer any ill effects. But its one of those mature grown up series that now Im a bit older I think I could enjoy even more another time around. :smile:

EDIT:Kill la Kill 09 I think every character in this series has some issues:mmm:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
has been a bit lacking the last 2/3 eps but Non Non Biyori back to its cute and funny best :h: that end lol :mmm:

I've not seen episode 9 yet, but personally I've found the previous two eps to be my favourites so far. :dontknow: Loved the rabbit pen segment, and Komari trying to act trendy with her CD players and vast knowledge of classical music. :tongue:

Original post by vin
I kind if firgot we were actually supposed to watch our secret santa series.:mmm:

:hahaha:
I've not seen episode 9 yet, but personally I've found the previous two eps to be my favourites so far. :dontknow: Loved the rabbit pen segment, and Komari trying to act trendy with her CD players and vast knowledge of classical music. :tongue:

oh ok, i guess i just didnt enjoy watching those parts as much as i did with the earlier eps :p: my fave ones probs the Ren-chon :puppyeyes: one and the scary movie/running away from home one :mmm: i found Koma-chan slightly annoying in that CD ep :s-smilie:

:hahaha:

i have also forgotten about that :ninja: have lately been playing Persona 4 Golden :coma: so falling behind on my anime :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
This is why santa sent the presents out early :wink:
Well, I'm making (slow) progress on my third Secret Santa series. :proud:

Have to say that Beelzebub is by far my favourite of the three, at least at this early stage (just watched the 4th episode :rofl:). Something about comedy anime featuring delinquents really seems to appeal to me - loved the likes of Cromartie High School, Tenshi na Konamaiki and Gokusen, but Beelzebub may well have them all beat if it can keep entertaining me this much for another 56 episodes. :biggrin:
Noukome has gota be my fave show of this season :awesome: its just pure fun :rofl2: that end to todays ep was just epic :mmm: cant believe its gona end next week, 10 eps is way too short :frown:
latest Naruto, hes back :eek: gona get interesting from now on :colone:
latest Naruto, hes back :eek: gona get interesting from now on :colone:

Are you referring to Pedorochimaru?

Posted from TSR Mobile

duno what pedor means but yes :ninja:

put that in spoilers please :p:
Guys, was just thinking but if you could chose any series to get a remake, which series would you choose?

Not sure which one of these who I would chose but definitely one of the following;

Ao No Exorcist
Soul Eater

:rolleyes:

Latest