The Student Room Group

Are there any Prime Ministers who didn't go to private school?

:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Dunno
Reply 2
Original post by PC2852

Margaret Thatcher

Edward Heath
John Major
James Callaghan
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
John Major.

Margaret Thatcher
James Callaghan

David Lloyd George

Screaming Lord Sutch (well he should have been PM).

Ed Miliband (well it is possible he may be PM)
Reply 5
Original post by MatureStudent36
Margaret Thatcher

Yes, how could I forget?!
Original post by PC2852

John Major
I'm sorry about this, but can I get an explanation as to why you were unable to use Wikipedia yourself.
Original post by meenu89
Yes, how could I forget?!

Because there's some myth that all Tory MPs are from rich backgrounds and only look after the aristocracy. They seem to show that ordinary people can get to the top.

Eric Pickles went to a poly.
Gordon Brown.
Reply 10
Because there's some myth that all Tory MPs are from rich backgrounds and only look after the aristocracy. They seem to show that ordinary people can get to the top.

Eric Pickles went to a poly.

I just forgot. :smile: Don't really know why though, I just about worship her.
Harold Wilson.
Ramsay MacDonald
Original post by meenu89
I just forgot. :smile: Don't really know why though, I just about worship her.

Although I admire her political skills. Worship is a strong word:smile:
Reply 15
I'm sorry about this, but can I get an explanation as to why you were unable to use Wikipedia yourself.

Sure, if you give me your address I can send you it.
Reply 16
Although I admire her political skills. Worship is a strong word:smile:

It is a bit different for me, as a woman. She represents to me what it is possible to achieve through hard work and merit being born into a working class environment. She didn't need any kind of positive discrimination to get to where she got to. I know many women wouldn't agree with me solely because of her policies and the way she got things done. But anyway, I'm going off topic :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
It is a bit different for me, as a woman. She represents to me what it is possible to achieve through hard work and merit being born into a working class environment. She didn't need any kind of positive discrimination to get to where she got to.

Ok. Your picture of Boris confused me. I thought you were a guy who worshipped her. Now it makes sense.

I chuckle how a woman politician can fight against all of that and make it to the top and left wing feminists still say she sold them out.
Reply 18
This is all i have to say..

Reply 19
Original post by Rakas21
This is all i have to say..

I'm afraid I agree with MatureStudents post, many posters here see the word 'Tory' and think Upper Class. They don't know about Majors humble background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending