The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by AnJuM218
Funnily enough when I got to my interview I realised I had to go to the toilet for a pee but the toilets near the admissions office were locked. Had to run to the other side of the building.

Running around calmed me down though, or that could of just been because I was able to go to the toilet.

One thing though, the taps are kinda crazy, took me awhile to realise how they worked...ended up getting water on my suit. Thank god for waterproof trousers.

Thanks for the advice guys! And I'll try and keep that in mind - sounds like something I would end up doing lol :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1061
Original post by AnJuM218
Funnily enough when I got to my interview I realised I had to go to the toilet for a pee but the toilets near the admissions office were locked. Had to run to the other side of the building.

Running around calmed me down though, or that could of just been because I was able to go to the toilet.

One thing though, the taps are kinda crazy, took me awhile to realise how they worked...ended up getting water on my suit. Thank god for waterproof trousers.

Waterproof suit trousers?!?! What is this sorcery :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
Waterproof suit trousers?!?! What is this sorcery :redface:

I know right? I didn't realise til i saw the water droplets just slide off.

Reminded me of the trousers my mum used to buy me for school.
Reply 1063
Original post by maryamnc
Does anyone else have an interview on Thursday? Mine's at 11, it'd be nice to see anyone whose there! haha

mine's thursday at 10! good luck :smile:
Original post by lixto

Good luck. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamnc
Does anyone else have an interview on Thursday? Mine's at 11, it'd be nice to see anyone whose there! haha

Congrats and good luck. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto

You too! maybe i'll see you there hahah
Reply 1067
Have any international students got an interview yet?
Anyone got an interview on Tuesday 10th, afternoon? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1069
Original post by itsmagic
Anyone got an interview on Tuesday 10th, afternoon? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouiiii at 3.40pm! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razer_M
Ouiiii at 3.40pm! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh it feels so close now! Mine's at 4.20!
How's your preparation going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1071
Ahh it feels so close now! Mine's at 4.20!
How's your preparation going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I might see you then!
Yes I know, starting to get a bit worried..
I practiced all the standard questions and ethics and PS stuff but I have a camb interview the day after so I'm prioritising that :colondollar:

Hopefully can wing PS questions but with science ones you either known it or don't I suppose ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razer_M
Ahhh I might see you then!
Yes I know, starting to get a bit worried..
I practiced all the standard questions and ethics and PS stuff but I have a camb interview the day after so I'm prioritising that :colondollar:

Hopefully can wing PS questions but with science ones you either known it or don't I suppose ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :smile: I still need to go through more NHS stuff and history of medicine in case they ask! PS questions are generally quite straight forward (usually anyway!)
Ahh good luck! Oxbridge interviews are... an experience haha, I had one at Oxford last year - 4 interviews in 24 hours D:
I have a SGUL interview three days after KCL and it's MMI so I'm scaredddd!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1073
Yay! :smile: I still need to go through more NHS stuff and history of medicine in case they ask! PS questions are generally quite straight forward (usually anyway!)
Ahh good luck! Oxbridge interviews are... an experience haha, I had one at Oxford last year - 4 interviews in 24 hours D:
I have a SGUL interview three days after KCL and it's MMI so I'm scaredddd!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an interview at Cambridge :smile: how were the Oxford interviews? Do you remember some questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Hi, I have an interview at Cambridge :smile: how were the Oxford interviews? Do you remember some questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on your college, I had oxford interviews and I was asked to analyse graphs on oxygen dissociation, talk about lots of data and my favourite was given a skull and was asked, 'tell me about this animal'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Oxford and Cambridge interviews are pretty different wrt the structure and the content!
Ummm I got asked the standard questions (why medicine? Why Oxford? Why not nursing?) and they used my personal statement too. I remember being asked why humans have two ears, and also asked to discuss evolution. There was a question about opening a fridge in an empty room, and I got given a graph about 'worldwide problems'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1076
I think Oxford and Cambridge interviews are pretty different wrt the structure and the content!
Ummm I got asked the standard questions (why medicine? Why Oxford? Why not nursing?) and they used my personal statement too. I remember being asked why humans have two ears, and also asked to discuss evolution. There was a question about opening a fridge in an empty room, and I got given a graph about 'worldwide problems'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge interviews vary significantly depending on the college
Can't comment on Oxford though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1077
Original post by callummj6747
It depends on your college, I had oxford interviews and I was asked to analyse graphs on oxygen dissociation, talk about lots of data and my favourite was given a skull and was asked, 'tell me about this animal'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it a veterinary medicine interview? Thank you very much for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1078

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have an interview tmrw? I'm so scared :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest