The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by LA16
I was wondering if anyone knows where we can find the application form for Reading? I saw on their website it said to email them for a form but I haven't been sent anything yet. Also does anyone know if the Reading references have to be in on the 1st December too?

Thank you!

Ignore this I just found the online application form which has the course on it!
Reply 181
CITY
Does anyone know how to find out if our references have been received?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SALT2014
CITY
Does anyone know how to find out if our references have been received?

I was wondering this too - I'm not sure whether to email or call them to ask as this might be annoying for them...

Also, I noticed you edited your post from earlier, but I can't log back onto the city app either (it says my username doesn't exist) - did you find a solution?
Reply 183
Original post by Bubbles211
I was wondering this too - I'm not sure whether to email or call them to ask as this might be annoying for them...

Also, I noticed you edited your post from earlier, but I can't log back onto the city app either (it says my username doesn't exist) - did you find a solution?

Yeah sorry, I had to change my password - even though my details were correct - but yeah that worked for me.

It says on the guide to the application that we can log on to OPAS to check our application status and references, but i have no idea how to access this. I feel quite uneasy not knowing if they have my references, want it all sorted now so i can relax
Reply 184
Original post by SALT2014
Yeah sorry, I had to change my password - even though my details were correct - but yeah that worked for me.

It says on the guide to the application that we can log on to OPAS to check our application status and references, but i have no idea how to access this. I feel quite uneasy not knowing if they have my references, want it all sorted now so i can relax

I sent them an email asking if they had received my references and if my application was complete and they replied really quickly. I was worried it might be annoying but as I'm travelling at the mo it's hard to keep track of the applications!
Reply 185
Hello all!

I'm trying to submit my city application. Did anyone have trouble adding their work details? It's only allowing me to submit a few words per job description. I've emailed asking if I can submit more but haven't received a reply yet :frown:. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this as I'd love to submit the application tonight!

Thanks!
Reply 186
For City applications,
Does anyone actually know if there is a way of checking if references have been received and our application is being processed? I'm going abroad tomorrow so I really want to know that everything is sorted before i go. They are yet to reply to my email.
For Reading, has anyone else noticed that their descriptions of their employment and work experience aren't showing up fully? Does anyone know if they will actually receive the full description? I've kept it all under the word count but there's still only a couple of sentences showing up?

Thanks
Original post by charliecarly
For Reading, has anyone else noticed that their descriptions of their employment and work experience aren't showing up fully? Does anyone know if they will actually receive the full description? I've kept it all under the word count but there's still only a couple of sentences showing up?

Thanks

If I remember rightly it's character count not words so they will only receive what is showing up as I found it hard to cut it down to fit the characters! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Just a thought. . The deadlines of the 1st Dec... does that mean midnight tonight??
Reply 190
Original post by sammy_123
Just a thought. . The deadlines of the 1st Dec... does that mean midnight tonight??

Do you mean the City or the Reading deadline? I thought the city deadline was 2nd Dec

also, has anyone else been asked for a passport upload? I'm not sure if it applies to me as I've put I'm a UK resident. This is for the city application
Hey,

When you come to the document checklist passport is listed there. I think it only applies to people who fill out the visa section and don't like in the UK. I'm uploaded my passport anyway because thought it can't do any harm?!

Does anyone have any clue where to upload the 'Written additional statement' form? I can't see it anywhere. Panicking about the looming deadline!

Thanks!
Reply 192
Original post by anika.burrowes
Hey,

When you come to the document checklist passport is listed there. I think it only applies to people who fill out the visa section and don't like in the UK. I'm uploaded my passport anyway because thought it can't do any harm?!

Does anyone have any clue where to upload the 'Written additional statement' form? I can't see it anywhere. Panicking about the looming deadline!

Thanks!

You can upload it in the section where you upload your personal statement.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
I've just gotten word that I've an interview with UCL! I didn't expect to hear so soon. Will anyone be joining me?
Reply 194
Original post by DANI_F
I've just gotten word that I've an interview with UCL! I didn't expect to hear so soon. Will anyone be joining me?

Congratulations!!! I just got an email saying I'm on the waiting list for UCL :frown: but I guess it's better than a straight rejection. Really hope I get let through to an interview at some point.

Good of luck with yours, are the interviews in Jan or Feb?
Reply 195
Original post by DANI_F

Well done!

I've got an interview too. I also wasn't expecting to hear for another couple of weeks, so it was a bit of a shock to get the email!

I'm really chuffed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by rg13

Congratulations!!! I just got an email saying I'm on the waiting list for UCL :frown: but I guess it's better than a straight rejection. Really hope I get let through to an interview at some point.

Thanks rg13. My fingers are crossed for you and you're right, it's not a rejection. My interview is the 28th of January, so they're giving plenty of notice which is great as I'm from Ireland and have to sort flights etc.

Original post by Katehb
Well done!

I've got an interview too. I also wasn't expecting to hear for another couple of weeks, so it was a bit of a shock to get the email!

I'm really chuffed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations katehb! I'm delighted as well. I'd put it to the back of my mind as I was convinced we wouldn't hear for another while yet but it's been a nice boost to my day. Here's hoping it all goes well.
Reply 197
Hi all,

Yes I found out I've got an interview at UCL for 28th Jan too!
Original post by rg13

I am in the same boat as you! Just got to be hopeful that we are close to the top of the wait list!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Hi everyone! I found out I have an interview on the 22nd of January anyone have one on the same day?

Latest