The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth_Armitage
As I have mentioned before as a first year Tennis Courts living, law student feel free to PM me with Q's as I know how you all feel! Good luck to those waiting for offers!

I literally applied with Tennis courts as my first preference yesterday! What's the social life like here? The only concern I have is that it's not actually on the vale... does that make it worse?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
OMG! I just got my law offer from Birmingham. I literally cannot believe it! Got the 'something has changed in your UCAS email' and I was sure it was a rejection. I literally screamed and ran up and down my house. I was soooo nervous and I did not think I would get one because of my AS grades. I am soo unbelievably happy and I have replies from all 5 unis

Offers: Birmingham, Leicester, Surrey, Kent
Rejection: Southampton (but who cares!:biggrin:)

AS: BBCD in History, Psychology, Economics and Graphics respectively
A2 predictions; AAB

My offer is still AAA so I'm going to have to work EXTREMELY hard to meet my conditions but I'm so determined now
Reply 642
Original post by D_Biddles
Has anyone else applied for their accommodation? Mine were:

1) Tennis Courts
2) Jarret Hall (large)
3) Jarret Hall
4) Elgar Court
5) Victoria Hall
6) Mason

I've applied to Mason twice (one self catered, one meal plan) Jarratt Hall, Liberty Court and Tennis Courts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else applied for their accommodation? Mine were:

1) Tennis Courts
2) Jarret Hall (large)
3) Jarret Hall
4) Elgar Court
5) Victoria Hall
6) Mason

Almost the same as mine :biggrin:

1). Tennis Courts
2). Elgar Court
3). Jarrett Hall (large)
4). Jarrett Hall
5). Mason

I've only put five though so I hope I get one!! Are yours all ensuite/ self-catered?
Reply 644
Original post by <3 history95
Almost the same as mine :biggrin:

1). Tennis Courts
2). Elgar Court
3). Jarrett Hall (large)
4). Jarrett Hall
5). Mason

I've only put five though so I hope I get one!! Are yours all ensuite/ self-catered?

Yep ensuite/self-catered :smile: I originally had Elgar second but Jarrett Hall is so much closer to campus and looks pretty similar!
Reply 645
Original post by evie2014
I've applied to Mason twice (one self catered, one meal plan) Jarratt Hall, Liberty Court and Tennis Courts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh I was tempted with Liberty Court, but it seems pretty far out, although the shuttle bus sounds good :smile:
Reply 646
ooh I was tempted with Liberty Court, but it seems pretty far out, although the shuttle bus sounds good :smile:

Yeah it was that or Victoria Hall, but I'd have to get the train in from Bham for that Vicky Hall, as it's Phase III :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 647
Original post by mrs_usher4
OMG! I just got my law offer from Birmingham. I literally cannot believe it! Got the 'something has changed in your UCAS email' and I was sure it was a rejection. I literally screamed and ran up and down my house. I was soooo nervous and I did not think I would get one because of my AS grades. I am soo unbelievably happy and I have replies from all 5 unis

A2 predictions; AAB

My offer is still AAA so I'm going to have to work EXTREMELY hard to meet my conditions but I'm so determined now

OMG congratulations thats really good im still waiting however i did send my application a bit late. So is bham your firm
Reply 648
Original post by StevenGreeen
Not too sure yet, I'm torn between firming this or putting Uni of Notts as my firm with my unconditional from Leicester as my insurance!!

Yeah :smile: Nottingham and Birmingham are both really good unis! Good luck choosing :smile:
Original post by tooooh
OMG congratulations thats really good im still waiting however i did send my application a bit late. So is bham your firm

Thank you! Yeah I'm firming, just waiting for my offer letter so I can get my ID and accommodation login.
Good luck though!
Original post by hannahhunter
I literally applied with Tennis courts as my first preference yesterday! What's the social life like here? The only concern I have is that it's not actually on the vale... does that make it worse?

Nah tennis courts is basically part of the vale as its only across the road. Tennis courts is by far the most social, everyone will agree and I promise you that if you choose it you WON't REGRET IT! When did applications open?

A2 predictions; AAB

Congrats on your offer, as a first year law student if you want help feel free to ask :smile: Many people got in with ABB and AAB so I wouldn't worry about your grades!

p.s to all, be proud to pick B'ham, you will not regret it!
Reply 651
I didn't realise you could apply for accommodation so early, is this if you firm/insurance it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats on your offer, as a first year law student if you want help feel free to ask :smile: Many people got in with ABB and AAB so I wouldn't worry about your grades!

Thanks! Did you get en suite or shared? If you know about shared - how many people share one bathroom/toilet
Reply 653
Original post by corax
I didn't realise you could apply for accommodation so early, is this if you firm/insurance it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, as long as you have an offer I think.
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fairly sure if it's your firm then you can. What'd be the point of applying for accommodation for 5 Unis ?
Is it possible for UoB to make you a conditional offer and later change it to unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah tennis courts is basically part of the vale as its only across the road. Tennis courts is by far the most social, everyone will agree and I promise you that if you choose it you WON't REGRET IT! When did applications open?

Hii! Still waiting for Birmingham to reply to me ... LOL but say I did get an offer should I take the risk and firm it? Im just scared I wont get the AAA on results day and will have to go through clearing :frown: I know you said some people got in with ABB and AAB but how likely is it? And did you achieve the AAA? :smile:

A2 predictions; AAB

How long did you wait for your offer after sending your application off? And btw congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by ItsJustMe17
How long did you wait for your offer after sending your application off? And btw congrats! :biggrin:

It varies depending on the department; I applied for political science and waited 7 days but I had offers from York and Sheffield after 6 days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hii! Still waiting for Birmingham to reply to me ... LOL but say I did get an offer should I take the risk and firm it? Im just scared I wont get the AAA on results day and will have to go through clearing :frown: I know you said some people got in with ABB and AAB but how likely is it? And did you achieve the AAA? :smile:

I would say if you think you will get AAB or above then defo apply no questions asked as am so glad I picked B'ham as it is such a good uni. If you realistically think you will get ABB then perhaps have a little look around but as long as your insurance choice is lower I would go for it as you probs still have a 80% chance of getting in. However although there were people who got in with lower than ABB say with BBC if you get these grades realistically at A level it maybe a little tricky to get into any uni that is say a russell group or considered to be really good for law. It depends what you want out of a uni though really but I strongly believe B'ham offers it all.
Loads of pro bono and opportunities to meet with firms and chambers as well as leading law professions and hundreds of talks I kid you not. Ace sport teams and many many societies and obvs the nightlife and sociability of the uni is second to none :smile: I got lucky with AAABB but know many who got AAB and ABB.

Thanks! Did you get en suite or shared? If you know about shared - how many people share one bathroom/toilet

I got shared and can honestly say unless you are really picky about an ensuite, paying an extra grand realistically is it really worth it? And you get one bathroom and one toilet for most which trust me is plenty as you never want to shower at the same time, just like with your family at the moment I suppose your all busy with your own things. Centre courts have 2 bathrooms and one toilet between 6 but there's not loads of those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending