The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im getting really nervous reading everyones post. I have not heard a thing yet. I hope no news is good news
I finally got my application sent off this afternoon. Been waiting on a second referee who still hasn't got back to me but had an offer from someone else to write it for me instead. They had it done within an hour of me registering them so definitely a weight off my mind!
Applying for Durham, Cumbria at Lancaster and Pallister Park which didn't open till yesterday anyway so could have been worse.
Reply 2502
Has anyone else got Primary interviews for Gloucestershire or Chichester next week? Very nervous! Also has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa? Haven't heard anything from them
Hi :smile: Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I'm applying for pgce secondary maths at uni of Birmingham, Nottingham and Warwick, anyone applying?
Reply 2504
Finally sent today! Anyone heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex for Primary PGCE?
Original post by Kk2k13
Finally sent today! Anyone heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex for Primary PGCE?

Nothing just yet, I've applied for those three too
it is so annoying that you have to wait for the referees to finish writing a reference for you before you can send off an application! how annoying and stressing! we should all make a petition to change the application system because people are losing their chances to get their chosen university placements!!!!!

sorry for the rant:tongue:
Reply 2507
Original post by Ros1978
I had an unsuccessful from my second choice yesterday. Bit gutted but it wasnt unexpected as I know lots of people who have applied previously and not been successful at getting an interview. Its a scitt course. Anyway, have brushed myself off and hoping to hear from choices 1 and 3 shortly.

Good luck to all those with interviews lined up.

Ros

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your others though, I'm sure there will be an offer in those.

Original post by becky220692
Hi :smile: Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon! I'm applying for pgce secondary maths at uni of Birmingham, Nottingham and Warwick, anyone applying?

Hi! Welcome... I'm for Notts too for English. Haven't sent yet thanks to a late reference, but thankfully haven't seen anyone posting about any interview offers etc from them so it seems they aren't jumping any guns.
Reply 2508
A word of warning to some of you waiting on references - all of the examples posted on here come across as whiney and self-important. I appreciate it is very stressful (I felt terrible waiting for mine) but make sure to put yourself across professionally. A quick e-mail saying you just wanted to check if you'd received the request as some people have been seeing it go straight into junk is fine, as if one follow-up mentioning that the course can close on thursday. But if I was being constantly badgered, I really wouldn't want to write any sort of reference for you, especially a nice one.

Original post by la terreur 89
Can anyone explain the credit/module bit on the UCAS application form? Or is that only for people who have studied with the Open University?

They want the relative weighting of the modules in your degree - give everything as a percentage.

Original post by alabelle
I rang her after school today and she was in a meeting, so I didn't get to speak to her. The receptionist reassured me that she'd spoken to the teacher, and she had started the reference. However, she did also say that it wasn't finished, and she hasn't accepted the request through UCAS yet, so I'm skeptical about how 'started' it is. It's frustrating.

How many places do Oxford Brookes have? I seem to remember they had quite a lot in the spreadsheet I looked at, but I might be remembering wrong. I know what you mean about emails! I've resorted to keeping them open in a tab at all times. :frown:

Both of my referees didn't accept until they were submitting the reference, so don't let that worry you.
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Good plan, time to chill out! :cool:

Hi, I am gonna send my UCAS application form so now I need to wait for my referees to write the references can I do the tests now while my referees write my references?
Reply 2510
Original post by Callie_
Thank you so much! (: And primary as well! fingers crossed for us both.

I applied today to Chichester, Brighton and Sussex after waiting for my last reference! Good luck!
Original post by tory88
A word of warning to some of you waiting on references - all of the examples posted on here come across as whiney and self-important. I appreciate it is very stressful (I felt terrible waiting for mine) but make sure to put yourself across professionally. A quick e-mail saying you just wanted to check if you'd received the request as some people have been seeing it go straight into junk is fine, as if one follow-up mentioning that the course can close on thursday. But if I was being constantly badgered, I really wouldn't want to write any sort of reference for you, especially a nice one.

They want the relative weighting of the modules in your degree - give everything as a percentage.

Both of my referees didn't accept until they were submitting the reference, so don't let that worry you.

Can I do my skills tests while my referees write my references?
Original post by tory88

I do agree with you, and have tried to come across professional, especially considering I have a good relationship with my referee that I'm waiting on. I cant speak for anyone else but I think the frustration I'm showing on the forum is what I can't include in corresponding my anxiety!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tory88

I wouldn't say anyone here has been unprofessional in their actual emails to referees. I've seen plenty of people whining on here (including me!) but it's fine to complain here because it's not like our references will see.

I have my first skills test booked for Friday, and I'm hoping my application will be in then. :smile:
Reply 2514
Original post by Andrew240
Finally, someone else that is applying for Secondary History! The majority here seem to be applying for Primary level?

Got my welcome letter today, hopefully some interviews on the way...

Andy

I know - considering History is an over subscribed I haven't come across that many people on here applying for it.

I really hope I at least get an interview for one of them!

Good luck - let me know if you hear anything! Ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2515
Original post by Juichiro
Can I do my skills tests while my referees write my references?

No. You can book them, but you need proof of sending off your application to actually sit them.
Original post by tory88
No. You can book them, but you need proof of sending off your application to actually sit them.

Aww. :frown: I want to book the exams for the 16th but I want to put the skills tests date on my application. But obviously, I don't know when I will send my application because I don't know how long my references will take in writing and sending their references. Should I book them for January then? I don't want to book them just to find the day of the exam that my referees have not written their references and I can't sit the exam.

Side question: Is it fine if I book the skill tests exam for January?
Original post by alabelle
I wouldn't say anyone here has been unprofessional in their actual emails to referees. I've seen plenty of people whining on here (including me!) but it's fine to complain here because it's not like our references will see.

I have my first skills test booked for Friday, and I'm hoping my application will be in then. :smile:

What happens if your application is not in by then?

If you still don't have your references 24 hours before your skills test is booked, you can just reschedule them online.

I can't be sure, but think I remember people posting saying they took a print out of the application and ucas registration details... Not sure if it worked...

My tests are both Monday so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest