The Student Room Group

Who fancies a MUN summit?

Hi all

This clause of the MUN Charter has been quite underused since I've been in the MUN:

SummitsSummits

1) May be initiated by any member of the General Assembly or UNO who posts a Position Paper or similar on the subject.

2) The results of the Summits will be recorded by the Secretary General in a way possible for public viewing.

3) May result in the creation of a Treaty. Each individual Treaty will have separate time limits and sanctions for its breach and clauses for withdrawal from Treaty obligations and verification protocols which will be determined by the representatives when the Treaty is drafted.

A summit will really get discussions going in the sub-forum so what I'd really like is a member of the General Assembly or a UNO to write up a position paper and conduct a summit following the position paper being posted.

I'm happy to facilitate it and I'm sure the new DSG will also but we need someone to be brave and kickstart it.

Some useful links:

Anyone up for the challenge? Form a committee of people if it will be easier that way however I really want some healthy and hearty discussions to be had.

Questions, comments, suggestions and any volunteers? Post here.

Cheers
Rory

Cheese_Monster
QFA

Fancy having a go again?
Would these be similar in manner to the real world ones such as G20 or the recent climate change ones etc?
Reply 2
Original post by Moist Penguin
Would these be similar in manner to the real world ones such as G20 or the recent climate change ones etc?

It can be whatever you want it to be.
I'm happy to rep Germany for the summit!

Btw when does the SC elect new no perm members?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZ
(edited 10 years ago)
BUMP:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:
Reply 5
I'd like to see a BRIC related summit/something to do with natural resources of the world in general/African resources.
Sounds good to me! :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Moleman1996
Sounds good to me! :tongue:

Original post by Kiss
I'd like to see a BRIC related summit/something to do with natural resources of the world in general/African resources.

Original post by Henry_Tudor
I'm happy to rep Germany for the summit!

Btw when does the SC elect new no perm members?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZ

Cheese_Monster
QFA

Would you guys like to collaborate on writing a position paper? Commonly, the summit stems from the position paper...

One suggestion has already been made by Kiss... quite liking that idea.

If you'd like me to organise anything/facilitate something let me know but I'm kind of leaving this to you guys to set up, I can only do so much.
Original post by RoryS
Would you guys like to collaborate on writing a position paper? Commonly, the summit stems from the position paper...

One suggestion has already been made by Kiss... quite liking that idea.

If you'd like me to organise anything/facilitate something let me know but I'm kind of leaving this to you guys to set up, I can only do so much.

I wont be able to do much got loads of coursework deadlines coming up but I might be able to help out a bit :P
Reply 9
Original post by Moleman1996
I wont be able to do much got loads of coursework deadlines coming up but I might be able to help out a bit :P

Okay, no problem. Even a little helping hand will get this underway. :wink:
I'm willing to help in anyway I can with this
Reply 11
I'm willing to help in anyway I can with this

Awesome, get things underway if you feel brave enough :wink:
Reply 12
I'll set up a thread soon.
Reply 13
I had just about finished writing up a summit but my internet decided to refresh the tab so I'm pretty pissed off right now. Will try again when IE isn't being a dickhead.
Original post by Kiss
IE

There in lies your problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
There in lies your problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Summit is up now

Quick Reply

Latest