The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Paid and sent now.. Soooo nervous!! I took a bit of a risk and applied for primary 5-9 when my personal statement is a bit more geared to early years/key stage one. But I have two other choices to fall back on if i don't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurieLee
Feel exactly the same. Durhams my first choice so feel really down... Have phoned my academic supervisor, the department, the university and have sent emails and am getting nowhere! At least I'm at work to distract me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I nearly applied there too and I'm glad I didn't now, think they'll have received a lot of applications. Wish I had work to distract me! Got a Spanish lecture soon and I'm not looking forward to it because it's the hardest subject and I can't be bothered with feeling even more stressed out right now.
Reply 2602
A mix between woooooo and argh! I now have two interviews next week which is amazing, but also super scary. Now I do not expect anyone who's had an interview to tell me the ins and outs of it but... the maths test? Is similar, easier or harder than the QTS? And can you use a calculator?

Cheers and good luck to all!
Reply 2603
Original post by Fen2k
A mix between woooooo and argh! I now have two interviews next week which is amazing, but also super scary. Now I do not expect anyone who's had an interview to tell me the ins and outs of it but... the maths test? Is similar, easier or harder than the QTS? And can you use a calculator?

Cheers and good luck to all!

Not sure if you're allowed to discuss this too much so be careful! Some might be different with regards to what to bring, so perhaps ask them yourself just in case - or be better safe than sorry and just take one along anyway.

Original post by Jo_Marie
Ha! I thought I was prepared, I feel like I have looked into every possible bit of information, and been on almost any PGCE website for the past two months solid! The joys of google I guess!

I see what you mean though, about having the extra edge of having passed the tests prior to interview, but I am sure that they will equally judge you on how you are as a person and how you should come across. I mean they are not going to offer someone who is not confident or likeable just because they have passed the tests, above someone they can see is passionate about wanting to teach, but haven't got round to completing the tests yet!!!

Thankyou, I got the invite yesterday and words can't explain who thrilled I was!! Where are you applying to, got any lined up yourself?

There's always something haha. And no definitely not! Everything else certainly comes first; my reasoning really is just because I am lacking with the experience side of things, I need all the extra ticks I can get. (:
Ahh I really hope I get an offer. Because of the above, I'm trying not to get too hopeful as I realise how important experience is and am all too aware that everyone I know has more than me. As I only sent my application last night thanks to my final reference I don't have anything back yet, I'm going for Secondary English Nottingham PGCE, Schools direct in Notts and Coventry at the 'King Edward's Consortium'.. :s haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
On my track it says I have an interview from Oxford. However, I've not received an email, and have no indication of when this interview is. Should I phone UCAS, or will details come later?
Reply 2605
Original post by Squoosh25
On my track it says I have an interview from Oxford. However, I've not received an email, and have no indication of when this interview is. Should I phone UCAS, or will details come later?

If it helps, I have literally just had the opposite to this. I received an email from my second choice to offer me an interview, and I was told I could see the date on Track, but nothing had been updated yet....

In 5 mins, I refreshed and it is on there now :smile: Wednesday 18th December!! well done on getting yours
Oh hang on, I've found out the date by clicking on the 'training programme' column. I still don't know any details though...
Ladies and Gentlemen,

How have you tried to motivate your referees to speed up their 'writing your reference' process?

Any tips and tricks?
Original post by Fabay
Did she reply to you? This puts us in such a difficult position because I know the Headteacher is busy and this is not his priority so I don't want to nag him and be annoying etc but then if I leave it, he might forget or take even longer and it's a risk for me then .. So annoying lol

She told me she'd do it today, but it's 3 minutes to 5 and nothing. I could actually cry. There's nothing more I can do other than hack into her computer and write the ****ing thing myself.

Did you get yours?
Just got an email from Worcester saying I have an interview this Monday however I'm having slight issues over flights from N.Ireland and accommodation so last minute, so I don't know if I'm going to have to explain to the university about the flights issue and see about possibly re-arranging the interview. I really don't want to rearrange and be a pain but I don't know what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by Esmeralda4
My manager has had a super busy time lately but has said my reference will definitely be done today. Here's hoping! I am getting so nervous now!!

Has anyone heard back from Notts Trent, Derby or Leicester yet?

Hi :smile:
I've applied to Leicester and am still waiting to hear back! When did you send your application off?
Reply 2611
Original post by JungleeBilli
Ladies and Gentlemen,

How have you tried to motivate your referees to speed up their 'writing your reference' process?

Any tips and tricks?

Honestly, I was being so patient and didn't want to nag.. but today I sent an email and politely explained that due to universities being able to close tomorrow I'd really appreciate it being done today but I also said I understand if he's too busy - but within an hour it had been completed! I think as long as your polite and not too demanding then it's worth pestering.. I don't think I could have kept quiet much longer haha x
Original post by espeight11
Hi :smile:
I've applied to Leicester and am still waiting to hear back! When did you send your application off?

I haven't yet, waiting on my final reference. She said it would definitely be done today and I sent a reminder text this morning but still nothing... :-/
Reply 2613
Original post by etiquette
She told me she'd do it today, but it's 3 minutes to 5 and nothing. I could actually cry. There's nothing more I can do other than hack into her computer and write the ****ing thing myself.

Did you get yours?

He replied to my email this morning and explained he was finding it difficult to write the reference and was waiting for the teacher I worked with to give him some info about me so he could write it. Then I didn't really know what to say cos he didn't say when he'd get it done or anything. But then this afternoon he completed it so I must have given him a nudge by emailing him.

It's so hard waiting on other people to do something - defo know how you feel! Maybe wait till the end of the school day tomorrow and either ring up or email again..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2614
Original post by sbxox
Honestly, I was being so patient and didn't want to nag.. but today I sent an email and politely explained that due to universities being able to close tomorrow I'd really appreciate it being done today but I also said I understand if he's too busy - but within an hour it had been completed! I think as long as your polite and not too demanding then it's worth pestering.. I don't think I could have kept quiet much longer haha x

This is exactly what I did/said and I got a quick response and my reference is done now woohoo, but I'm SO nervous now it's sent off to unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
How have people worked out their module percentages on the ucas application? I dont get it at all! And does it really matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billy bilo
How have people worked out their module percentages on the ucas application? I dont get it at all! And does it really matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Each module is/should be worth 30 credits.

We had 4 modules per year...
How likely do you think it is that unis will actually close their applications tomorrow? Getting really worried now. :-(
Original post by sbxox

Original post by Fabay
This is exactly what I did/said and I got a quick response and my reference is done now woohoo, but I'm SO nervous now it's sent off to unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you.
Reply 2619
Original post by bellylaugh
If you still don't have your references 24 hours before your skills test is booked, you can just reschedule them online.

I rang up and they said just print your completed form without the references and that will be fine for skills test

Latest

Trending

Trending