The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by Blackfyre
I've applied to same unis, just a different course.

Which course? Got any replies yet? :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by benq
Which course? Got any replies yet? :smile:

Management, no replies yet. I've applied on 15th November and so far received only a question from LSE regarding my mother tongue. You?
Reply 2442
Management, no replies yet. I've applied on 15th November and so far received only a question from LSE regarding my mother tongue. You?

[INDENT]I have sent mine on 25th of November, and still haven't heard nothing back yet. Did you get 2 week email? If yes, how long did you wait to get it?[/INDENT]

Original post by gera_95
I have sent mine on 25th of November, and still haven't heard nothing back yet. Did you get 2 week email? If yes, how long did you wait to get it?

I received the 2 week email around one week after applying, my 2 weeks ended 2 days ago and I heard nothing yet so quite nervous about this.

You didn't get the acknowledgement letter?
Reply 2444
I received the 2 week email around one week after applying, my 2 weeks ended 2 days ago and I heard nothing yet so quite nervous about this.

You didn't get the acknowledgement letter?

Oh yes, I got acknowledgement letter, last Tuesday. Since that haven't heard anything yet. So stressful. Which unis did you apply?
Original post by gera_95
Oh yes, I got acknowledgement letter, last Tuesday. Since that haven't heard anything yet. So stressful. Which unis did you apply?

I applied to UCL, LSE, KCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh. How about you?

The process is stressful but the academic life would be boring without this fear.
Reply 2446
I applied to UCL, LSE, KCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh. How about you?

The process is stressful but the academic life would be boring without this fear.

I applied to LSE, KCL, Exeter, Birmingham and Durham. Didn't know that UCL was doing Management Course. :frown:
I also was thinking about St Andrews and Edinburgh, but there is too much effort going back to London. :s-smilie:

Exactly. Did you get any offers? Are you international student?
Original post by gera_95
I applied to LSE, KCL, Exeter, Birmingham and Durham. Didn't know that UCL was doing Management Course. :frown:
I also was thinking about St Andrews and Edinburgh, but there is too much effort going back to London. :s-smilie:

Exactly. Did you get any offers? Are you international student?

I didn't receive any offers, St Andrews said that they'll give me an answer in 4-5 weeks after applying so I should hear positive/negative news quite soon. I was thinking about applying to Durham too but their Management course is in Queen's Campus which is quite far from Durham City. Did you get any offers? (I know that Exeter sends those nice postcards that make you feel good)

I am an international student, started studying in UK in Lower Sixth Form.
Reply 2448
I didn't receive any offers, St Andrews said that they'll give me an answer in 4-5 weeks after applying so I should hear positive/negative news quite soon. I was thinking about applying to Durham too but their Management course is in Queen's Campus which is quite far from Durham City. Did you get any offers? (I know that Exeter sends those nice postcards that make you feel good)

I am an international student, started studying in UK in Lower Sixth Form.

I got an offer from Exeter one week ago. They made a decision within 1 day only. :eek::smile: To be honest, i didn't want to apply to Durham, but I didn't know which uni to put for my 5th choice. I prefer studying in big cities, and Durham probably is not the best option for me:smile:

OMG.. me too:wink: how strange it is! :smile:
Original post by gera_95
I got an offer from Exeter one week ago. They made a decision within 1 day only. :eek::smile: To be honest, i didn't want to apply to Durham, but I didn't know which uni to put for my 5th choice. I prefer studying in big cities, and Durham probably is not the best option for me:smile:

OMG.. me too:wink: how strange it is! :smile:

I also wanted to study in a bigger city, that's why I focused on London. Congratulations with the offer from Exeter.

I had suspicions that you're an international student because of "gera", a popular name among russians lately even though you might of any other nationality e.g. german.

What subjects are you doing?
Reply 2450
5 weeks up today for Economic History and no news :frown:
Reply 2451
Original post by ErHi?
5 weeks up today for Economic History and no news :frown:

Economics is a very competitive course at LSE so you may need to wait. Lots of people had no news after their 5 week email and most of them apply for courses like economics, maths and economics, law etc.
Reply 2452
Original post by MasterA
Economics is a very competitive course at LSE so you may need to wait. Lots of people had no news after their 5 week email and most of them apply for courses like economics, maths and economics, law etc.

It's Economic History haha one of the least competitive courses at LSE which is what I am led to believe!
Reply 2453
I also wanted to study in a bigger city, that's why I focused on London. Congratulations with the offer from Exeter.

I had suspicions that you're an international student because of "gera", a popular name among russians lately even though you might of any other nationality e.g. german.

What subjects are you doing?

oh, i am not russian, but i do speak russian very well. Are you Russian?

I am doing Maths, Russian, Business stds, and Chemistry. What about you?
Original post by gera_95
oh, i am not russian, but i do speak russian very well. Are you Russian?

I am doing Maths, Russian, Business stds, and Chemistry. What about you?

Nope, not russian but I am fluent in it as well.

Heh weird, I am doing Maths, Russian, ICT, Politics. I did Business last year but dropped it.
Reply 2455
Original post by ErHi?
It's Economic History haha one of the least competitive courses at LSE which is what I am led to believe!

Oh, i see. They could just be busy considering they get lots of applications every year. I got my offer on thursday and I think i saw some other people who got it on thursday so i guess they like to send it on thursdays and friday so maybe you will have a reply by the end of the week.
Reply 2456
Nope, not russian but I am fluent in it as well.

Heh weird, I am doing Maths, Russian, ICT, Politics. I did Business last year but dropped it.

Really weird:eek: So, what country are you from?
Original post by gera_95
Really weird:eek: So, what country are you from?

Moldova, how about you?
Reply 2458
Moldova, how about you?

Kazakhstan. USSR countries..:biggrin:
Original post by gera_95
Kazakhstan. USSR countries..:biggrin:

Indeed, is Russian a common second language in Kazakhstan? Unlike in Ukraine, here it's widely censored and the state language is enforced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending