The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JungleeBilli
Each module is/should be worth 30 credits.

We had 4 modules per year...

Thanks! Does it have to add up to a certain number? I majored in one subject so have more modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2621
Original post by billy bilo
How have people worked out their module percentages on the ucas application? I dont get it at all! And does it really matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might matter as who you are applying for may want to see that you have adequate knowledge to teach your degree, especially in secondary. Do you not have an online transcript available of your years at university? I just picked off the module amounts whether credits or percentages from my transcript via my university's moodle. You may have the same thing?
Original post by billy bilo
Thanks! Does it have to add up to a certain number? I majored in one subject so have more modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You needn't worry about your credits so much because in reality training providers would like to know your modules and how much background knowledge you have that can be applied or utilised in your learning to teach young people degree (PGCE).

You can try to email your university tutors if you're unsure about the credits.

I would stick to writing all your modules you completed during your degree in the boxes provided on the UCAS form.
Oooh my application is now sent! How can I get my log in number without the welcome letter? I want to see it in all its shiny official glory!
Reply 2624
Original post by Fabay
This is exactly what I did/said and I got a quick response and my reference is done now woohoo, but I'm SO nervous now it's sent off to unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2625
My reference is apparently now with the head to send off to UCAS. Been obsessing with my email all day and still nothing.

MMU is already doing interviews next week and Drama pretty much fills up straight away. It's the only uni reachable within my area that does the PGCE course and I can't afford to move away. The other two courses I applied for are School Direct which have 1 and 2 places available.

I should probably count myself out of the game now then... Bit unfair considering my application was done on the 21st and I've been having sleepless nights worrying and preparing since July, for it then to be delayed so long by a 3rd party.
Original post by neonlj
My reference is apparently now with the head to send off to UCAS. Been obsessing with my email all day and still nothing.

MMU is already doing interviews next week and Drama pretty much fills up straight away. It's the only uni reachable within my area that does the PGCE course and I can't afford to move away. The other two courses I applied for are School Direct which have 1 and 2 places available.

I should probably count myself out of the game now then... Bit unfair considering my application was done on the 21st and I've been having sleepless nights worrying and preparing since July, for it then to be delayed so long by a 3rd party.

It sucks having to wait, but at least they're doing it now! Also don't count yourself out yet, they wouldn't fill up all their spaces just from one batch of interviews, they'd be missing out then! Plus someone has to get the 1 space, it could easily be you! :smile:
I also still haven't got my second reference completed :frown:

I emailed my old employer today to see if they can do it instead add I'm getting nowhere with the school. Awaiting a reply to give me the go ahead for them instead now! I'm not changing it on UCAS though until they confirm whether they can do it straight away as I don't want to scupper the two week reminder going to the head teacher at school.
Reply 2628
Ahhh! Just got confirmation of an interview for a schools direct route in Secondary History with York Uni/Harrogate Grammar School!
Only 6 days to prepare... Didn't realise the interviews would be so soon! Stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2629
Has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa for the 7-11 Primary PGCE yet? The wait is agonising!
I sent my reference requests yesterday. Today I saw my school based reference and today getting home I received an email he sent the reference!

How awesome is that?
Original post by Oliver Queen
I have my interview coming in up a couple of weeks. So nervous about the presentation part of things. :redface:

You will do well, Mr. Queen. :smile:

P.S. First time I saw your profile I really thought your profile picture was actually you! :tongue:
Original post by alabelle
I nearly applied there too and I'm glad I didn't now, think they'll have received a lot of applications. Wish I had work to distract me! Got a Spanish lecture soon and I'm not looking forward to it because it's the hardest subject and I can't be bothered with feeling even more stressed out right now.

Think I might do a search of courses and school direct which haven't opened yet, as potential back up.

Today I have called the faculty at the university and my supervisor with no reply. I still have no reply to emails sent monday and Tuesday.

Today I was at work, but rang both uni and refer about 10/15 times in total on my breaks... I've left a message asking if he got my emails, as I am worried and don't want to miss out, but it appears he (and seemingly the whole department) are out of office. I think I have driven my colleagues up the wall! My assistant manager at work has offered to write me a reference, but it is my academic reference I'm waiting on, and I think it will look bad on my application if I don't have that...

I am now torn between thinking I should be guilty incase my referee is facing some crisis whilst I nag him, and thinking, if he's not facing crisis, WHAT THE HELL!

And rant over, again....
Reply 2633
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Oooh my application is now sent! How can I get my log in number without the welcome letter? I want to see it in all its shiny official glory!

My personal ID for my application is the same as my track number.
How many days are people giving for interview prep? I have an interview in two weeks. I've got non-stop essay deadlines up till then and I'm trying to get them done before thinking about the interview but worry I won't have much time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2635
Original post by dancing_shoes92

If you go onto ucas and go to the track application - you can click on forgot log on details and it sends you three emails: one for your ID Number; one for your password; one for your user name :smile:
Original post by starryeyedkid
Just got an email from Worcester saying I have an interview this Monday however I'm having slight issues over flights from N.Ireland and accommodation so last minute, so I don't know if I'm going to have to explain to the university about the flights issue and see about possibly re-arranging the interview. I really don't want to rearrange and be a pain but I don't know what to do :s-smilie:

Same scenario for me...only for Edge Hill. Too risky trying to fly over on the day and getting train etc before 13:00. Just going to have to take the hit and fork out the extra cash haha...it's times like these I wish I lived on the mainland.
Original post by LaurieLee
I've applied for secondary English, so competitive but I'm reasonably confident, though the wait for my academic reference is distressing me a bit!

What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Secondary MFL. It is supposed to be a shortage subject so I hope I don't have much competition. ^^

I am waiting for my academic referee as well. I sent the reference requests last night. :smile:
Reply 2638
Interview tomorrow....
I think nerves are kickin in :colondollar:
Original post by JMR26
If you go onto ucas and go to the track application - you can click on forgot log on details and it sends you three emails: one for your ID Number; one for your password; one for your user name :smile:

Thanks, can I do this as soon as my application is sent off or do I have to wait for a while?

Latest

Trending

Trending