The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medsing

It's still there in my choices and I've been avoiding the "completely withdraw your application" scrupulously hahah! But I don't think my teacher would see my campus in the spot where he usually sees responses? Anyhow, I've emailed them, we'll see! Hope it's not a rejection :rolleyes:

Someone answered your question above, it's because it's the Whitechapel campus..
Reply 701
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Someone answered your question above, it's because it's the Whitechapel campus..

And I answered to that, it's possible and I had found that on google as well, but I'd be surprised if my teacher saw my campus and mistook it for a response..? Well, I hope it's that though!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by medsing
And I answered to that, it's possible and I had found that on google as well, but I'd be surprised if my teacher saw my campus and mistook it for a response..? Well, I hope it's that though!

Be surprised, it's the most logical option :smile:
Original post by Conaura
You posted this in the UCL thread as well right ?? Haha!! Well as far as i know .. Its a no for both !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha well spotted. Was just wondering because apparently Barts reject applicants in December
Reply 704

It is indeed :smile:

Otherwise, anybody got interviews for QM A100?
Reply 705
Original post by medsing
It is indeed :smile:

Otherwise, anybody got interviews for QM A100?

If the first interview date is late jan, then they will prob sent out invites early jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please link me to a document or webpage that talks about the medicine course at barts in detail please? Like a pdf document or something, I'm having trouble finding it...

Also what is the PBL/lecture split like? Ie. how many lectures do you have in a week/month as opposed to PBL sessions?

Thank you :smile:
Have any of the international applicants got an interview yet?

Hey PSQ I was just wondering out of interest if you ever get bad nosed by other lodon medical schools, like ive heard UCL and Imperial are a bit elitist, ive heard more from Imperial students. Obviously not all of them and GKT students seem to think they are amazing from what I have heard. I think BL is a great school which is why I applied but I get a feeling that they get underrated even though they are an awesome school attached to great hospitals like Royal London. :smile:
Original post by raveen789
Hey PSQ I was just wondering out of interest if you ever get bad nosed by other lodon medical schools, like ive heard UCL and Imperial are a bit elitist, ive heard more from Imperial students. Obviously not all of them and GKT students seem to think they are amazing from what I have heard. I think BL is a great school which is why I applied but I get a feeling that they get underrated even though they are an awesome school attached to great hospitals like Royal London. :smile:

Of course we do!

There is a great rivalry between the London medical schools, this is why we compete in sports (as an ex-rower we used to compete against the london med schools and RVC often) and have a jolly about the rivalry.

Imps are the main rivals in terms of disdain towards them. But it's all in good fun really.

No medical schools is better than the other really, we are all regulated by the GMC. That said BL is the best and there is always to be that london med school rivalry.

If you are worried about "prestige" and how the med school appears then you are applying a few centuries late. It means nothing and you will take pride in your med school regardless of where you end up.
Hey there guys!!

4th yr Barts student here, I've got a few stats for you for this year;
Number invited to interview - 800
Number offered a place - 460
Number of places - 253

We'll be on your panel this year asking about what you'll be contributing to the uni's societies and social stuff.

Pm me any questions and good luck little ones!!
Reply 711
Original post by Mr Bojangles
Hey there guys!!

Number of places - 253

We'll be on your panel this year asking about what you'll be contributing to the uni's societies and social stuff.

Do you know when they intend to start inviting to interview?
Reply 712
Hey there guys!!

Number of places - 253

Where is a good place to see what is available to us? Though I'm assuming pretty much everything is
Hey there guys!!

Number of places - 253

Is the interview style different for A101??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 714
Original post by lwestern
Where is a good place to see what is available to us? Though I'm assuming pretty much everything is

Hey I have found something on their website. Check it out

http://my.qmul.ac.uk/news_and_events/2012/86202.html
Reply 715
How should the interview prep for barts be like? can anybody shed some light? focus more on what if i may ask?
Reply 716
When do they start to send out invites for interview this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 717
Original post by chemz202
When do they start to send out invites for interview this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think early January
Reply 718
Last year people got invites at about this time, oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 719
Why are they taking their own sweet time :frown: has anyone called/emailed to verify this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending