The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rso101
I've applied for Bath Spa as well, for early years. I haven't heard anything from any of mine, not even an email acknowledgement. It's not even been a week yet and I'm already a nervous wreck, especially as so many people are getting interviews. My other places are UWE and Somerset SCITT.

I've applied to Bath Spa and UWE too (also Wiltshire SCITT) and have only had an acknowledgement from UWE so I'm sure yours will be on your way! I live in Bath so Bath Spa would be pretty ideal!
Reply 2641
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Thanks, can I do this as soon as my application is sent off or do I have to wait for a while?

Works straight away I think :smile: I tried the next day though
Original post by hllovt
Has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa for the 7-11 Primary PGCE yet? The wait is agonising!

I've applied for that course too - haven't heard anything yet x
Original post by sophiebath12
I've applied to Bath Spa and UWE too (also Wiltshire SCITT) and have only had an acknowledgement from UWE so I'm sure yours will be on your way! I live in Bath so Bath Spa would be pretty ideal!

i have been to bath once. Nice place. :smile: It needs to make some public baths roman still. :smile:
Reply 2644
Original post by sophiebath12
I've applied for that course too - haven't heard anything yet x

I just saw your other post- I applied for UWE too! They are the only one I have had any acknowledgement from though! I hope it's soon!! When did you summit your application? Xx
Original post by Squoosh25
On my track it says I have an interview from Oxford. However, I've not received an email, and have no indication of when this interview is. Should I phone UCAS, or will details come later?

Is that Oxford or Oxford Brookes?
Original post by Esmeralda4
I haven't yet, waiting on my final reference. She said it would definitely be done today and I sent a reminder text this morning but still nothing... :-/

Ohh how annoying…I had loads of problems with my first reference - she even sent me a really ****ty email saying she was losing patience with the ucas system and was very busy etc implying she wasn't going to do it for me…half an hour later I have her reference. So try not to worry and as hard as it is, just be patient. It'll fall into place!
Original post by LaurieLee
Think I might do a search of courses and school direct which haven't opened yet, as potential back up.

Today I have called the faculty at the university and my supervisor with no reply. I still have no reply to emails sent monday and Tuesday.

Today I was at work, but rang both uni and refer about 10/15 times in total on my breaks... I've left a message asking if he got my emails, as I am worried and don't want to miss out, but it appears he (and seemingly the whole department) are out of office. I think I have driven my colleagues up the wall! My assistant manager at work has offered to write me a reference, but it is my academic reference I'm waiting on, and I think it will look bad on my application if I don't have that...

I am now torn between thinking I should be guilty incase my referee is facing some crisis whilst I nag him, and thinking, if he's not facing crisis, WHAT THE HELL!

And rant over, again....

Yeah I've booked one of my skills tests for Friday so I sent another (polite!) email out to my reference saying I know that she's busy and I'm really sorry to bother her... but I now need to rearrange my skills test. I've asked her when she might have it done so that I can book them for around then, but she (obviously) hasn't replied yet. Fingers crossed for an update tomorrow!
Has anybody that has applied to Greenwich for Primary PGCE heard back yet. or Middlesex?
Original post by steph_cook92
Has anyone else applied to Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied, but yet to hear anything :frown:
Reply 2650
Has anybody applied to/heard anything back from St. Mary's, Cambridge or Greenwich for PGCE Primary?
Original post by JungleeBilli
Ladies and Gentlemen,

How have you tried to motivate your referees to speed up their 'writing your reference' process?

Any tips and tricks?

My secondary referee sent his almost instantly but my academic referee took a bit longer. I warned him a month before hand, emailed him the week before hand but when I sent the application he still took a week. So when I had my seminar with him I politely asked if he had received the email which he had. He immediately asked if there was a deadline and I told him that I had my QTS soon which I would have to move if I didn't get the reference soon. He did the reference that evening.

So I would say, be polite, go in person and explain about QTS and applications closing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by s.of
Has anybody applied to/heard anything back from St. Mary's, Cambridge or Greenwich for PGCE Primary?

I've applied to Christ Church, Greenwich and Middlesex. Had an interview for Christ Church a couple of hours ago. other than that, haven't heard anything from the others :frown:
Reply 2653
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Track has updated and for one of my choices it says under the decision header - "Interview"!

When I click on "Interview" it says I have an interview on 19th December!!!!!!

I haven't received any e-mails about it, nor anything through the post! I've literally just logged in and checked Track and it is there under "Choices", but haven't heard or got anything else except this!

If I haven't received an e-mail or anything through the post by Friday I am going to ring or e-mail them to confirm! :biggrin: :biggrin:

(York College, Post Compulsory Education & Training pre-service).
Reply 2654
Very good, I hope it went ok?! :smile: I haven't heard back from Cambridge or Greenwich yet but it doesn't seem like anybody has heard back from Greenwich! I have an interview for St. Mary's on the 17th! Anyone else?
Original post by s.of
Very good, I hope it went ok?! :smile: I haven't heard back from Cambridge or Greenwich yet but it doesn't seem like anybody has heard back from Greenwich! I have an interview for St. Mary's on the 17th! Anyone else?

When did you apply and hear from st Mary's I've applied for there too, haven't heard yet though :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beccamoore220493
Has anybody that has applied to Greenwich for Primary PGCE heard back yet. or Middlesex?

I had a phone call from Greenwich earlier (something about one of my GCSE's not being clear enough) and they said they're processing the applications now so hopefully we'll hear soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2657
Original post by andrea199
When did you apply and hear from st Mary's I've applied for there too, haven't heard yet though :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied last Thursday the 28th and heard yesterday! When did you apply?
Reply 2658
Original post by Airfairy
How many days are people giving for interview prep? I have an interview in two weeks. I've got non-stop essay deadlines up till then and I'm trying to get them done before thinking about the interview but worry I won't have much time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would give a little bit of time to brainstorm/note down a few ideas for whatever you have to do. Literally just half an hour or something, or even jot things down in bed before you go to sleep. And then you can focus on the essays, get them done and hopefully when you've finished your mind will have been working on the interview subconsciously! So it won't take as long to prepare.

xxx
Where do we go to book the skills tests?

Latest

Trending

Trending