The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balloon_parade
We haven't even really started Christmas present buying yet (we are notoriously unorganised!) but luckily my girls are still pacified by relatively cheap items. Bella wants a hamster and Milly wants the Minnie Mouse Polka dot Jet so we will do a list and sort out everyone else and then pick up bits for the girls on the way. We're going to Center Parcs again for New Year so that is part of their present too really.

Glad to hear your children are mainly fine! Is having 4 anything like you expected? What have you gone for on the Black Friday deals, any good?

Having 4 hasn't been so much different from having 3 really - though I think I'm getting old lol - the lack of sleep is harder now than it was before! He's gorgeous though...to think back at how upset I was about being pregnant, it makes me feel a bit guilty really, because he's such a lovely little boy. I'm ever so glad we've got him! (Though 4 is QUITE enough lol).

I grabbed a Wii U on Black Friday from Amazon for £199 with 2 games, so that's gonna be the main Santa present for Lydia, Alex and Jason to share. That should be £229 with just 1 game normally, so it's £20 saving, plus another game (which would be £30 normally) thrown in.

I also bought The Hobbit dvd extended edition for just over £9 instead of £15. That's gonna be for my dad for Christmas.

Aww @ Bella wanting a hamster. Jason wants a fish but we haven't really got room for a fish tank so we've bought him and Alex a little robo-fish gizmo (a non-name branded thing).

In other news I swear my dog thinks Nathan is her puppy - all she does all day is lick his feet.
Original post by Anonymous
I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:.

My partner has just got a job so has uttered the words "if you want to try for a baby, I could support us both if you need to take time off". This wasn't even prompted by me, which is a breakthrough.

I kept thinking I wanted to own my own place before trying, but who knows how long it will take (both I mean), and even then I'll have the best part of a year to find somewhere to buy. Partner has his own flat so we'd have somewhere to go & would just have to put up with renting - like millions of people manage to do without complaining!! Finances are great now he's landed this job, mortgage won't be a problem and we'd only need about 40% anyway so the next time we see something we like it SHOULD be okay. In theory.

So yeah. Don't know how to feel now he's said that. I enjoyed talking about it when it wasn't real, now I'm a bit scared LOL. But I suppose it's the only way unless they quickly invent a new one.. haha.

I'm so happy for you that your partner has a job now, that's awesome. I know how frustrating it was for you!

Eek yeah it's like a reality check when you're faced with ACTUALLY having a baby lol. Not to worry, just have a think about it, there's no rush. All in good time.
Ah, tested again this morning and still negative. I keep seeing threads online where people say they end up with periods that are 10/15/20 days late and it punctures my balloon! Today I am either 9 or 5 days late - still 5 days later than I've ever been since coming off the pill. I'm registering with a new doctor at the moment so if there's still nothing next week when I go for my registration appointment, I'm going to ask them to do a blood test...
Can I join!

I had my 12 week (well more like 13 and a half week) scan on Tuesday! I am due at the end of May! Very excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
Can I join!

I had my 12 week (well more like 13 and a half week) scan on Tuesday! I am due at the end of May! Very excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! xx
Original post by randdom
Can I join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!
Reply 1187
Original post by randdom
Can I join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats hun thats such lovely news :smile:
Ah, still no period!

I'm not sure when I should be concerned that I'm getting negatives but have a now incredibly late period. (It's somewhere between 12 and 7 days late now.)
Ah, still no period!

I'm not sure when I should be concerned that I'm getting negatives but have a now incredibly late period. (It's somewhere between 12 and 7 days late now.)

how any negatives have you had?
Ah, still no period!

I can't say that this is definitely the case for you, but when I've TTC in the past I've been ridiculously late due to what I assume is a mixture of stress and excitement, so this might be what's happened to you.
Original post by randdom
Can I join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five: So exciting - congratulations!
You lured Sarky out of lurking! :tongue:

Oh, un-Anon, damnit... :rolleyes:
Reply 1193

I WASN"T LURKING!

I don't even come here.

It's not even me Elles.

:colondollar:
Reply 1194
Original post by Sarky
I WASN"T LURKING!

I don't even come here.

It's not even me Elles.

:colondollar:

Is your inner psyche posting on TSR again without permission of your consciousness..? :rolleyes: :tongue:

(Finally managing to un-Anon, doh. I am Anon #8!)
(edited 10 years ago)
lol I sometimes end up posting on other threads as anon when I didn't mean to.

How's everyone doing? It's very windy innit!? Jason (my 4 year old) wants it to blow him to the moon.
Had a scan at 6w6d which showed a good strong heartbeat.. still petrified of loosing baby,12 week scan is 2nd Jan which feels ages away and so much could have happened in the 5 weeks

praying for sticky jelly bean :sad:
Had a scan at 6w6d which showed a good strong heartbeat.. still petrified of loosing baby,12 week scan is 2nd Jan which feels ages away and so much could have happened in the 5 weeks

While there is of course no guarantee that a healthy scan at 6 weeks will stick. It is more of a positive sign than not having had that scan and increases the chances of all being ok. Hope that you get good news on the 2nd.

On another topic, how long did people have morning sickness for? I'm now 15 weeks and still really struggling :frown:
Original post by randdom
While there is of course no guarantee that a healthy scan at 6 weeks will stick. It is more of a positive sign than not having had that scan and increases the chances of all being ok. Hope that you get good news on the 2nd.

On another topic, how long did people have morning sickness for? I'm now 15 weeks and still really struggling :frown:

I felt really nauseous until 2nd trimester and then it subsided. I'm sorry you've still got it, that sucks :frown: Unfortunately some women get it through the entire pregnancy, it's just one of those things you can't predict. Have you tried nibbling ginger biscuits?
I hope it eases up for you soon.

Try and stay positive x

Quick Reply

Latest