The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by MasterA
Oh, i see. They could just be busy considering they get lots of applications every year. I got my offer on thursday and I think i saw some other people who got it on thursday so i guess they like to send it on thursdays and friday so maybe you will have a reply by the end of the week.

I hope so! It's only AAB for Econ History so would be a PERFECT insurance choice alongside my A*AA UCL offer! However, I'm still deliberating whether I should put LSE as my firm even though it's only AAB because it's so ****ing amazing (if I do get an offer haha) :colondollar:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2461
Original post by ErHi?
I hope so! It's only AAB for Econ History so would be a PERFECT insurance choice alongside my A*AA UCL offer! However, I'm still deliberating whether I should put LSE as my firm even though it's only AAB because it's so ****ing amazing (if I do get an offer haha) :colondollar:

What is your UCL offer for? I've also applied for Economic History with Economics, and my 5 weeks ended today but had no response either thus far.
Reply 2462
Original post by GML
What is your UCL offer for? I've also applied for Economic History with Economics, and my 5 weeks ended today but had no response either thus far.

V100 History :biggrin: couldn't believe it!

Is your application handled by the Economic department or the Econ History one? I reckon we'll both hear on the same day if it's handled by the Econ History department, hopefully towards the end of this week and most likely on the famous 'LSE Fridays'
Reply 2463
Original post by ErHi?
V100 History :biggrin: couldn't believe it!

Is your application handled by the Economic department or the Econ History one? I reckon we'll both hear on the same day if it's handled by the Econ History department, hopefully towards the end of this week and most likely on the famous 'LSE Fridays'

Ahhh well done! I'm awaiting a response for straight economics, I think they wait until feb though.
Handled by Econ History department, ahh okay, tomorrow or day after then hopefully! Good luck.
Reply 2464
Original post by GML
Ahhh well done! I'm awaiting a response for straight economics, I think they wait until feb though.
Handled by Econ History department, ahh okay, tomorrow or day after then hopefully! Good luck.

Wow February must be a gruelling wait :frown:

The department don't have to handle LOADS of applicants that other departments do so I thought they'd be fairly quick in processing but I guess they want to think long and hard over the applications!
Reply 2465
Is it Thursday or Friday LSE generally make decisions on? Or is it both?
Reply 2466
Original post by Blackfyre
Nope, not russian but I am fluent in it as well.

Heh weird, I am doing Maths, Russian, ICT, Politics. I did Business last year but dropped it.

Im doing Russian aswell, did LSE email you asking what your home language is?
Reply 2467
Original post by CD315

Both.
Reply 2468
Original post by CD315

Supposedly it's both! But it's usually 'LSE Friday' :biggrin:
Reply 2469
Original post by ErHi?
Supposedly it's both! But it's usually 'LSE Friday' :biggrin:

It's funny how all Fridays have become "LSE Fridays" but none of them is THE LSE Friday :frown:
Reply 2470
Original post by Ionut.SB
It's funny how all Fridays have become "LSE Fridays" but none of them is THE LSE Friday :frown:

hahaha I know! The Friday before last was quite active with offers if my mind serves me correctly but they never seem to flood applicants with decisions! I guess the big ones are mostly after the deadline in like March....
Original post by ehrmantraut
Anyone else applied for Philosophy of Logic and Scientific method? Got my 5-weeker about 3 weeks ago so waiting patiently..really want to get in so I can go on the lash with the philosophy lads, gonna be a right laugh - birds, booze, babes, banter.. Lash-don School of Economics I like to call it.

In all serious though, has anyone actually applied for PLSm or is it just me?

Lashdon School of Economics...? fml. *facepalm*
Original post by valerab
Im doing Russian aswell, did LSE email you asking what your home language is?

Yeah they did a few days ago. Where are you from?
Original post by ErHi?
5 weeks up today for Economic History and no news :frown:

Don't worry, 5 weeks today for history and not heard from them :/
Original post by ErHi?

Id definitely pick LSE.
Original post by samd1885
Honestly, my friends applying this year with similar grades have only just sent in their application, but I knew somebody last year with around 4a*s at GCSE and they got in. :smile: LSE care a lot about your personal statement, so just focus on that. I know everyone says LSE cares about GCSEs, but I don't believe they would focus on them in an applicant. ASs matter far more, and are a far better indicator. There's one certain thing, if you don't apply you don't get an offer, so just relax and see what happens. I've known people with a few A*s at GCSE get in, and people with over 10 A*s get rejected, and almost all of it came down to the personal statement. For me, I think the application process was a little easier because I was set on Cambridge (so the LSE emails, and then delays weren't too overwhelmingly stressful), but the interview process at Cambridge on the other hand, and how significant it is, is making me very nervous!

Good luck everyone :smile:

Thank you so much. I am at the moment studying As and hopefully your interview goes amazing. Any tips on how you approached your Economics personal Statement for Lse would be grateful.
Reply 2476
Original post by puella_optima
Don't worry, 5 weeks today for history and not heard from them :/

They give us a deadline but don't stick to it :frown: I'd rather them say, you will hear with us within 2 months or something rather than giving specific weeks!

I don't think anyone has heard anything for International history on this thread anyway :smile:
Reply 2477
Original post by Mike_123
Id definitely pick LSE.

much safer option granted because it's AAB, and the course is SO amazing, plus location and library is stunning... think I'll have to revisit them if I get both offers :smile:
Reply 2478
Come on LSE, I know you want me, I know you don't know this, but that's why I am telling you now...
Original post by puella_optima
Lashdon School of Economics...? fml. *facepalm*

liek if u cry evry time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending