The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rafael_96
Haha, it's the famous counting rhyme where you usually pick someone for a game. Can't believe you haven't heard it before :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, you know, I'm not British and I only came to the UK last year. :smile:
Original post by Mike_123
Choosing randomly. It's what we say to kids.

Thanks guys for telling me. :biggrin:
I'm foreign aswell ! I came to the UK 11 years ago though, you were from Poland right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm foreign aswell ! I came to the UK 11 years ago though, you were from Poland right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. So where are you from?
You're right. :tongue:

I've become seriously too lazy recently. It's not the best time for that considering my interview is next week. :colondollar:
Original post by purplemind
I see. So where are you from?
You're right. :tongue:

I've become seriously too lazy recently. It's not the best time for that considering my interview is next week. :colondollar:

Armenia, small country directly east of Turkey.
I have my interview next week aswell, hold on one afew more days 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Armenia, small country directly east of Turkey.
I have my interview next week aswell, hold on one afew more days

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know where Armenia is. Back at home, I have some neighbours from Armenia. :smile: I quite like the skin colour of Armenian people.
Looks like most of Oxbridge interviews are happening this week. But that is good because then you can really enjoy Christmas (unless you extensively think about the result.)
I just can't wait to go home after 6 weeks here. :smile:
Original post by Fas
yes! this is what i was hoping for aswell, an A*AA Bath firm and an AAA Nottingham insurance would be near enough perfect!

Just curious, but what makes you choose Bath over Nottingham as a university? I've currently got an unconditional from Bath (Gap Year), but would personally firm Nottingham.
Original post by purplemind
I know where Armenia is. Back at home, I have some neighbours from Armenia. :smile: I quite like the skin colour of Armenian people.
Looks like most of Oxbridge interviews are happening this week. But that is good because then you can really enjoy Christmas (unless you extensively think about the result.)
I just can't wait to go home after 6 weeks here. :smile:

Rare for people to know where Armenians situated haha, and yes I get complimented on my skin colour a lot!
Enjoy Christmas :smile: why have you stayed 6 weeks though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rare for people to know where Armenians situated haha, and yes I get complimented on my skin colour a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to learn about all continents before and although I suck at Geography and maps, I know the basics. :smile:

Thanks. Well, it is 6 weeks at the end of next week and that is how long this term is in my school. (I always go home for half terms and holidays.)

I probably haven't said that to you so good luck with preparation and your Oxford interview!
Reply 2488

Posted from TSR Mobile

Judging from your name I thought you were Spanish/Italian ha! But the skin tone is similar - i.e :Mediterran type, a lot of other Middle Eastern(including me) & Central Asian nations are of similar skin, and same ancestory. tbh i find the nagorno-karabakh conflict very upsetting and i personally empathise with both sides (don't kill me)
Original post by monstercable
Just curious, but what makes you choose Bath over Nottingham as a university? I've currently got an unconditional from Bath (Gap Year), but would personally firm Nottingham.

it's primarily the placement year they offer. what's more as a city Bath is a lot nicer than Nottingham i think, that said Nottingham does have the capital FM arena and Trent Bridge cricket ground, so it is hard haha.

But yeah its mainly the placement year that Bath offer, as an employment opportunity that's something i can't really afford to miss!
Original post by A193
Judging from your name I thought you were Spanish/Italian ha! But the skin tone is similar - i.e :Mediterran type, a lot of other Middle Eastern(including me) & Central Asian nations are of similar skin, and same ancestory. tbh i find the nagorno-karabakh conflict very upsetting and i personally empathise with both sides (don't kill me)

My names of Italian decent yes, everyone assumes I'm Italian cause of my looks aswell aha. Which country are you from may I ask :smile:?
The conflict for that Karabakh is upsetting to me aswell. Some of the stories I've heard about members of my family in last two decades even, left with only candle light cause of Turks cutting gas-line pipes and energy supplies upsets me. Studying Economics made me realise about the economic impacts of the conflict aswell, Armenia's narrow export base (due to the conflict with Turkey and Azerbaijan) and it's geographic isolation is a holding the potential for further Economic growth back.. Wish the conflict would end but it's not so simple, and you'll know if you have a knowledge of the history for the land.. Which I get the impression you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an unconditional offer from Nottingham!
Just received an unconditional offer from Nottingham!

Congrats!!! Have you already completed your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiirankapoor
Congrats!!! Have you already completed your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have!
Where have you applied to?:smile:
Reply 2494
Yes I have!

What grades did you get? and is this for their straight economics course?
Original post by abcd1711
What grades did you get? and is this for their straight economics course?

Yes it's for their straight economics course, I have A*A*A
Reply 2496
My names of Italian decent yes, everyone assumes I'm Italian cause of my looks aswell aha. Which country are you from may I ask :smile:?
The conflict for that Karabakh is upsetting to me aswell. Some of the stories I've heard about members of my family in last two decades even, left with only candle light cause of Turks cutting gas-line pipes and energy supplies upsets me. Studying Economics made me realise about the economic impacts of the conflict aswell, Armenia's narrow export base (due to the conflict with Turkey and Azerbaijan) and it's geographic isolation is a holding the potential for further Economic growth back.. Wish the conflict would end but it's not so simple, and you'll know if you have a knowledge of the history for the land.. Which I get the impression you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afghanistan. Unfortunately, Afghanistan and Turkey maintain one of the strongest relationship, unlike Turkey-Armenia. Yes, many think I am Spanish and Italian because of my complexion, more realistically they also think of me as Turkish because I go to Istanbul every year :smile: BTW, are you related to the Kardashian?!?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes I have!

Oh okay. I have applied to LSE, CAMBRIDGE (interview), UCL (offer), WARWICK, NOTTINGHAM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Economics and got offers from Southampton, Cardiff, Sheffield and Leeds

Waiting on my (possible) first choice of Loughborough! Has anyone heard back from them yet?:smile: Been waiting over a month:frown:
Original post by A193
Afghanistan. Unfortunately, Afghanistan and Turkey maintain one of the strongest relationship, unlike Turkey-Armenia. Yes, many think I am Spanish and Italian because of my complexion, more realistically they also think of me as Turkish because I go to Istanbul every year :smile: BTW, are you related to the Kardashian?!?!

LMAO! Hoping the question was a joke :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending