The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juichiro
was it for primary?

Nah secondary art, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2681
Has anyone applied for the Business program at IOE?
After completing my application on Friday my secondary referee has finally finished her reference - turned out she did it days ago and forgot to click save and continue...

Anyway, all sent now! Nerves!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TwoGallants
Hey guys... I've got a terrible case of the fear.

I applied for PGCE history in IoE London, Exeter and Bristol. My primary referee (my old thesis supervisor) filled out the reference on the night of my application. But my secondary referee has yet to do it!! She has promised she will do it tomorrow morning first thing. I teach English as a foreign language abroad and she is my boss. I had no idea interviews were already happening until I read this forum. Am I totally screwed or what? Even if I send it off tomorrow it looks like a lot of courses will have closed?

I finished UNI in 2010. I really want to do this course but now I feel that I've been screwed over by this referee.

I had exactly the same thing, my secondary reference was late so I only sent my application off today. I'm applying for secondary English which is similarly competitive so hopefully we're not too late. To be honest I doubt many courses have fully closed yet, UCAS has only been open for two weeks so as far as I'm aware we should be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2684
Original post by amul1992
I had exactly the same thing, my secondary reference was late so I only sent my application off today. I'm applying for secondary English which is similarly competitive so hopefully we're not too late. To be honest I doubt many courses have fully closed yet, UCAS has only been open for two weeks so as far as I'm aware we should be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have sent it off then you're fine, if they were closed you wouldn't have been able to. It's likely that most courses who do close very early on will reopen when they've processed a few days of applicants anyway.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2685
Original post by hippygirl
glasgow and edinburgh

me too. Its much better this year, least we have a chance at all 3 universities this time. where is your first choice? I hate all this waiting around to see. Im sure i read somewhere that edinburgh first interviews are 17th dec, and glasgow are dec aswell!
UCAS says after you apply that:
"I both apply 1 and apply 2 you have 10 working days to reply to any offers you've got. In apply 1, the 10 working days starts when you've had a decision from all your choices"

Does that mean that if, under the decision column 2 unis offer me an interview, but 1 uni has already interviewed me and offered me a place that the 10 days begin from then. Or does it mean that it will wait until all after all interviews when all 3 unis have offered you a place/declined you? I'm worrying because Worcester have offered me an interview 15th January, but if the other unis offer me an interview before xmas and then give me an offer, will I then only have 10 days to accept/decline this offer from then? I.e. I would have to pick whether or not to accept it before the Worcester interview, when Worcester is my first choice, but I wouldn't want to turn down an offer in case I didn't get another... I'm just a bit confused with the wording... Thanks :smile:
Reply 2687
Original post by MusicGirlKH
UCAS says after you apply that:
"I both apply 1 and apply 2 you have 10 working days to reply to any offers you've got. In apply 1, the 10 working days starts when you've had a decision from all your choices"

Does that mean that if, under the decision column 2 unis offer me an interview, but 1 uni has already interviewed me and offered me a place that the 10 days begin from then. Or does it mean that it will wait until all after all interviews when all 3 unis have offered you a place/declined you? I'm worrying because Worcester have offered me an interview 15th January, but if the other unis offer me an interview before xmas and then give me an offer, will I then only have 10 days to accept/decline this offer from then? I.e. I would have to pick whether or not to accept it before the Worcester interview, when Worcester is my first choice, but I wouldn't want to turn down an offer in case I didn't get another... I'm just a bit confused with the wording... Thanks :smile:

The 10 days starts when you have received an offer from, or been rejected by, all three choices.
Still no sign of my second reference, despite being toldit would definitely be done yesterday. Trying not to panic much but... :-(
Ive applied to manchester and know as part of their process you have to sit a maths, English and science exam.
Anyone know what depth of subject knowledge they will be expecting for science?
Im fine with the other two but not really sure what to expect for science.
Any pointers? Or anyone sitting a science exam for their course?
Original post by kpwxx
I would give a little bit of time to brainstorm/note down a few ideas for whatever you have to do. Literally just half an hour or something, or even jot things down in bed before you go to sleep. And then you can focus on the essays, get them done and hopefully when you've finished your mind will have been working on the interview subconsciously! So it won't take as long to prepare.

xxx

Yeah that's a good idea, maybe it will put my mind at ease, thanks!

For my interviews I have to do a subject knowledge audit. I think most interviews require this. I wonder what this will mean though, becuase I think an audit is a little different to an actual test. I did a subject knowledge audit as part of a SKE course in the summer it was more supposed to be an honesty test really, to see what you think you don't know and do know. I don't know if the interview one will be much different, or if it's something I should properly revise for! (however I will never be able to cram a GCSE, A-Level and degree into three days!).
Original post by beccamoore220493
I've applied to Christ Church, Greenwich and Middlesex. Had an interview for Christ Church a couple of hours ago. other than that, haven't heard anything from the others :frown:

Which subject for Christ Church yesterday? I was there too haha, trying to remember who was called Becca.
Finally spoke to referee and he's doing it lunch time... Now the race is on, desperately hope course doesn't close as I'm at work so might struggle to pay and send....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2693
Hi there, just submitted my application yesterday! Has anyone heard back yet? Im applying for PGCE Secondary MFL School Direct and University options.
Original post by tory88
The 10 days starts when you have received an offer from, or been rejected by, all three choices.

Thank you :smile:
Newman College, Birmingham: Interview :biggrin:

Although they have got me to go through their online portal, my other choices have done so too. What was the point of UCAS then?!
Original post by madl24903

Although they have got me to go through their online portal, my other choices have done so too. What was the point of UCAS then?!

I know, UCAS didn't even let me know when it had updated so that was pretty useless. The only thing I keep checking it for now is an 'unsuccessful' for the one choice I haven't heard back from.
Original post by madl24903

Well done! I applied to both Birmingham and Newman. When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown shuga
Well done! I applied to both Birmingham and Newman. When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to Birmingham too!

My application, complete with payment and references, were sent in the last week of November.
finally all of my references are completed and I have just sent off my application! so relieved!:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending