The Student Room Group

Any Access students now started to get offers?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't worry about the marking of assignments just yet, universities don't see your marks until august when you get your results :smile:
Original post by paula92xo
Yes, I got five offers! :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin: where have you applied and what for?
Reply 22
Original post by MkGuy
thats great news! bet your over the moon! still waiting on one more... the one I want the most. :colondollar:

Yes, I am very thrilled! So speechless as well. Good luck! Fingers crossed for you hun :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Samuel1988
Well done! :biggrin: where have you applied and what for?

Bedfordshire, Greenwich, Northampton, Birmingham, London Met (this was my very last back up choice) and for Health & Social Care, and one of the course is a joint honours Social Care/Health Studies but I think I will go with the H&SC :smile: Hoping to become a tutor!

What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 24
Bedfordshire, Greenwich, Northampton, Birmingham, London Met (this was my very last back up choice) and for Health & Social Care, and one of the course is a joint honours Social Care/Health Studies but I think I will go with the H&SC :smile: Hoping to become a tutor!

Coventry, Manchester, Leeds and Bedforshire (back up choice), just waiting on Nottingham now. :colone:
Reply 25
Original post by MkGuy
Coventry, Manchester, Leeds and Bedforshire (back up choice), just waiting on Nottingham now. :colone:

Nice! :biggrin: What are you applying for?
Dear access students,

I was once an access student not unlike yourselves, so firstly congrats! Now, down to why I'm posting...

UCAS points- those annoying things that A-Level and Higher students have that typically allow entry into university. Ask yourself: Does my intended career path need any after I graduate and come to apply to graduate schemes? If the answer to that is no, then great. If the answer to that is yes, then you really need to think about getting yourself 3 A-Levels or 4 Highers because graduate employers are increasingly using UCAS points to filter out applicants irrespective of their degree classification.

Hope this helps some of you!
Reply 27
Nice! :biggrin: What are you applying for?

Wooo! got Nottingham today! now just need to decide. Will be studying TESOL & Linguistics :colondollar:
Reply 28
Original post by MkGuy
Wooo! got Nottingham today! now just need to decide. Will be studying TESOL & Linguistics :colondollar:

woohoo! *dance*
i have yet to firm/insurance my universities. Hate decision to make. I am thinking of firming beds and insurance Northampton.
Reply 29
woohoo! *dance*
i have yet to firm/insurance my universities. Hate decision to make. I am thinking of firming beds and insurance Northampton.

Yeah me too... Now I have my offers through I'm not sure, Nottingham & Manchester defo my top two, just not sure which one I will firm/Insurance.
Reply 30
Original post by MkGuy
Yeah me too... Now I have my offers through I'm not sure, Nottingham & Manchester defo my top two, just not sure which one I will firm/Insurance.

Its usually that you firm the university that requires a higher grade in your exams, then your insurance which are slightly lower as your back up in case you dont meet the firm's requirements. However, Beds entry requirements is lower than Northampton so I may not need to pick an insurance after all.
Original post by MkGuy

Wow congrats! Well done for getting the offer, Notts is my first choice. Just last week I sent off my ucas, hope to hear from them soon!

I've applied to doh History at Chester, LJMU and Liverpool Hope, History and Heritage at Leicester and Medieval and Early modern History at Manchester Met.

Had offers from LJMU Hope and Man Met... still waiting on Chester and Leicester so I can accept Man Met's offer! :smile:
I'm glad I put mine in when I did. Rest of my access course (with exception of the med school hopefuls) are waiting for the tutor to get round to doing references etc. Waiting quite a bit.

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Reply 34
I've got 2 offers so far, and one is my first choice so I'm happy :biggrin: but I'm still waiting to hear back from others.
Reply 35
Original post by Samuel1988
I've applied to doh History at Chester, LJMU and Liverpool Hope, History and Heritage at Leicester and Medieval and Early modern History at Manchester Met.

Had offers from LJMU Hope and Man Met... still waiting on Chester and Leicester so I can accept Man Met's offer! :smile:

That is fab! Keep us updated on your offers!:biggrin:
That's pretty fast, I didn't get my offers until at least March last year, Congratulations!
I applied 1 week ago and have 3 offers :smile: from Bradford, Northumbria And Lincoln. Just waiting to hear from Durham and Sheffield Hallam!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask me at the end of next week. Hoping to have heard at least something by then. Though I'm sort of resigned to at least 2 of my choices rejecting me outright. Just one of those gut feelings.

Oh well, we shall see eh. :cool:
Reply 39
I have had one offer from Queen Mary, UoL. Quite a high offer. LSE told me they'll let me know by January, and still waiting on Bristol and Kings College London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending