The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah i got an unsuccessful without an interview from my first choice. it was really disheartening.
Just got an interview for sheffield hallam - primary

This just got serious
Original post by madl24903
Yikes, sorry to hear that
:console:

Can I ask who it was?

Thanks It was School Direct with Doncaster ITT. It's just so annoying when they do it without interviewing, and you know that you can really show who you are at interview. Ah well! Their loss!! :wink:
Hi All, been offered a conditional place at the IoE! i'm jsut concerned because I have already completed my degree and work experience in schools. Plus, we were told there was no waiting list as we were the first lot to be interviewed.

What could the other conditions be?!

I haven't done my skills test...maybe its that?!
Original post by pthomas112
Hi All, been offered a conditional place at the IoE! i'm jsut concerned because I have already completed my degree and work experience in schools. Plus, we were told there was no waiting list as we were the first lot to be interviewed.

I'm guessing it's the skills test? If you click on the offer it should say?

I got an interview for the Solent SCITT! On Tuesday though, and my application was sent yesterday! So quick, so now I feel unprepared! 4 places, so mega mega competitive! Anyone else going to be there Tuesday? :tongue:

Skills test + security checks.

Skills test and DBS?

And WELL DONE!
Original post by jeffercake
Skills test and DBS?

And WELL DONE!

thank you! yeah im hoping its the skills tests, on UCAS track it jsut says :

Conditional
Offer text
This offer is subject to you obtaining

Congratulations

Offer letter to follow shortly

R&A

I called the instititue and she said no letters were attached so its being sent via post!
Reply 2728
Original post by hllovt
Has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa for the 7-11 Primary PGCE yet? The wait is agonising!

I still haven't! I emailed them just to check they had it and they said they are processing applications and decisions should be on track soon
Reply 2729
Interview at Goldsmiths next week for Primary! Makes two interviews next week on top of working full time around them - eek!
Reply 2730
Three interviews have been offered to me now. They are all for the 11th! I have had to ask to change the middle one, and now my school direct is also offering the 11th Dec!

This is madness, now to contact them and ask for an alternative date, I have accepted as and when the offers came through so St Marys is on the 11th Dec, hope this doesnt ruin my chances with the two I have asked to rearrange!!

Anyone have any thoughts?
Original post by Jo_Marie
Three interviews have been offered to me now. They are all for the 11th! I have had to ask to change the middle one, and now my school direct is also offering the 11th Dec!

This is madness, now to contact them and ask for an alternative date, I have accepted as and when the offers came through so St Marys is on the 11th Dec, hope this doesnt ruin my chances with the two I have asked to rearrange!!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ask all of them to change the date, telling them you have an interview on that date. Hopefully they will give you three different dates and you can then tell the one you want to go on the 11th that you can still make it. :smile:
Has anybody still not had an acknowledgement for any of their applications?

Starting to think it hasn't sent properly but I feel cheeky asking then directly.

Or do some places just not acknowledge the application?

Thanks.
Reply 2733
Original post by madl24903
Ask all of them to change the date, telling them you have an interview on that date. Hopefully they will give you three different dates and you can then tell the one you want to go on the 11th that you can still make it. :smile:

The first two are already sorted so one on 11th and the other on 18th Dec, however my school direct's alternative date is the 24th Jan. Which means even if I get offers from my first two, I will have to have responded before the school direct interview! The school direct is a salaried route that I am applying for, and obviously if they offered this to me then I would be likely to accept as it would be a paid position......

Any advice, gratefully received! :confused:
Reply 2734
has anyone got an interview at Roehampton for the primary PGCE?
The first two are already sorted so one on 11th and the other on 18th Dec, however my school direct's alternative date is the 24th Jan. Which means even if I get offers from my first two, I will have to have responded before the school direct interview! The school direct is a salaried route that I am applying for, and obviously if they offered this to me then I would be likely to accept as it would be a paid position......

Go back to the one on the 11th and beg them to change it!

As far as I am aware, you don't have to respond until you have all offers.
Reply 2737
Original post by xxstace123xx

oh my gosh! I am going to check that with UCAS, if so you a life saver as that would be such a big help, and means I can stop worrying what to do!!! keep them all as they are!! xx thank you
Reply 2738
Original post by xxstace123xx

Oh my gosh, yes!! It is 10days from when you receive a decision from all three!! whooopie!!!
Has anyone got any ideas for resources which promote children's learning gains? I need to make a poster presentation and any recommendations would be gratefully received. I just want peace of mind that I've considered a range of resources before choosing one.

Latest

Trending

Trending