King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by lcsurfer
Hi,
The KCL GPEP interview is MMI...
We're not actually allowed to say too much about it as your made to sign a piece of paper but sessentially it's 8 stations of 5 minutes long in duration.
There are 2 ethics stations - Nothing particularily hard it's more like how you think. You get time to prepare before hand. One more ethics and more current events
The other 6 stations are the obvious stuff really you'd expect in any interview (why medicine etc)... Unlike St Georges the MMI here the interviewers do speak back to you after you've answered the question so be prepared to be quick with some answers
I really enjoyed it and was completely myself - And now I'm here. I screwed up on one station royally, but just laughed it off.
Just show them you have a personality and you're not a robot. Everyone is from such different backgrounds.
Hope that is of some help :smile:

Thats great information, thanks very much for it :smile:

Hope all's well at KCL !!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Katemcmurrugh
is that what you mainly used to prepare if you don't mind me asking? hope your interview went well? Also, you know they ask you to upload your GCSE certificates, do they want any other certificates uploaded like confirming the qualifications you put into ucas like d of e?

I did use that book a lot! Erm the way I uploaded was scanning the documents and attaching them to a message to the college via the portal? (I didn't do DofE) I think it went well I hope they thought so too :smile: good luck for yours!
Reply 1122
Original post by lcsurfer
Hi,
The KCL GPEP interview is MMI...
We're not actually allowed to say too much about it as your made to sign a piece of paper but sessentially it's 8 stations of 5 minutes long in duration.
There are 2 ethics stations - Nothing particularily hard it's more like how you think. You get time to prepare before hand. One more ethics and more current events
The other 6 stations are the obvious stuff really you'd expect in any interview (why medicine etc)... Unlike St Georges the MMI here the interviewers do speak back to you after you've answered the question so be prepared to be quick with some answers
I really enjoyed it and was completely myself - And now I'm here. I screwed up on one station royally, but just laughed it off.
Just show them you have a personality and you're not a robot. Everyone is from such different backgrounds.
Hope that is of some help :smile:

This is really helpful, thank you :smile: I don't know if you're allowed to answer much more about the interview but just wonder/checking whether that means they're less likely to have stations where you have to break news to an actor/pack a suitcase etc?
What's the closest underground stop / train station to where we go for interviews .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrAli786
What's the closest underground stop / train station to where we go for interviews .

Posted from TSR Mobile

London bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you find out about interviews on the portal or by post/email?

Also... when you got your portal login, did you have to fill in any forms or anything like that?

Kings called my school and told them my application is incomplete and I'm really worried :frown:
Original post by badman101
Do you find out about interviews on the portal or by post/email?

Also... when you got your portal login, did you have to fill in any forms or anything like that?

Kings called my school and told them my application is incomplete and I'm really worried :frown:

On the portal, check it regularly as I didn't get an email update. I don't think you do, I can't remember any. Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamnc
On the portal, check it regularly as I didn't get an email update. I don't think you do, I can't remember any. Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANKS!
Does anyone know if King's has rejected anyone yet?
Reply 1129
Original post by Daniel485
Does anyone know if King's has rejected anyone yet?

Last year one of my friends got rejected in December before christmas not sure if rejections have commenced yet or not for this academic year
Guys I got an interview (yay!) but when I accept it and press submit, and then go back to the page, it doesn't say I've accepted it, just refreshes so I don't know if they know I've accepted it or not. Should I ring or has this happened to others too?
Reply 1131
i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases :smile:
i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.
Original post by lixto
i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases :smile:
i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.

How long did your interview take? What time were you free to leave by?I got to be back to a meeting after the interview and wanted to wrk out if ill miss it

Was there a tour too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto

How long did your interview last?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1134
Original post by MrAli786
How long did your interview take? What time were you free to leave by?I got to be back to a meeting after the interview and wanted to wrk out if ill miss it

Was there a tour too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the whole process of doing the tasks before + the interview takes 45mn, and you can leave straight after
Reply 1135
Original post by great life
How long did your interview last?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the actual interview itself was exactly 15mins :smile:
Original post by Zebrajess
Guys I got an interview (yay!) but when I accept it and press submit, and then go back to the page, it doesn't say I've accepted it, just refreshes so I don't know if they know I've accepted it or not. Should I ring or has this happened to others too?

Happened to me to it will sort itself out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kittyallsop
Happened to me to it will sort itself out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Just wanted to check I wasnt missing something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!!! :smile: Is your interview for January and if so, which date? :smile:
Thanks! Just wanted to check I wasnt missing something

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool! I panicked for ages but it sorted itself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest