The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pthomas112
oh for the social sciences PGCE? - I got a email from UCAS saying 'something has changed on my application' and when i signed in it just said ;

Conditional This offer is subject to you obtaining Congratulations Offer letter to follow shortly
R&A

I emailed Jane Perryman and she said my offer was unconditional from here end but will most be likely be conditionally on UCAS due to the skills test.

When i called IOE admission, she said that letters were being sent out and they don't use UCAS as much

Ahh okay well congrats! im so nervous , and i felt that the interview went so bad :frown: were you asked to describe the difference between a situational factor and a dispositional factor in the interview ? I completely forgot what they both were and feel I may not get onto it as a result
Original post by pippay888
Ahh okay well congrats! im so nervous , and i felt that the interview went so bad :frown: were you asked to describe the difference between a situational factor and a dispositional factor in the interview ? I completely forgot what they both were and feel I may not get onto it as a result

Yeah I had that question, i don't know where my answer came from! i'm surprised i remembered what it was.

Were you one of the sociology students? I'm psychology and was the last one to arrive for the interview lol
Yeah I had that question, i don't know where my answer came from! i'm surprised i remembered what it was.

Were you one of the sociology students? I'm psychology and was the last one to arrive for the interview lol

OH NO! Convinced i didnt get it now due to that question. I was psychology too . Do you know if anyone else from the interview heard ?
Original post by Jo_Marie
has anyone got an interview at Roehampton for the primary PGCE?

I do on the 16th, when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OH NO! Convinced i didnt get it now due to that question. I was psychology too . Do you know if anyone else from the interview heard ?

All i said was that situatinal is down to our enviornment and dispositional is more internal. she asked for an example and i said when i was taught schizophrenia at A-level we were taught about the diathesis-stress model. So someone could have a disposition to the disorder but a situational factor could trigger it.

No i haven't heard about anyone else! everyone at the interview seemed to have a lot of experience and I felt some even more so than myself. So, I would be surprised if we all didnt get it!
Reply 2765
Original post by SolMFL
How did it go??

It was ok they are very friendly which helps you to feel relaxed. Now its just the waiting game...

how are your applications going?
All i said was that situatinal is down to our enviornment and dispositional is more internal. she asked for an example and i said when i was taught schizophrenia at A-level we were taught about the diathesis-stress model. So someone could have a disposition to the disorder but a situational factor could trigger it.

No i haven't heard about anyone else! everyone at the interview seemed to have a lot of experience and I felt some even more so than myself. So, I would be surprised if we all didnt get it!

Blimey, I was going to apply for social science and I wouldn't have had a clue what the difference is! I've never studied either. Quite glad I didn't now.

Congrats on your offer, it must be such a nice feeling to know it's all sorted!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2767
Original post by YesBurrows
Anyone got an interview at Leeds University next week? (12th December)

I've applied there but only sent my application yesterday. Did you apply for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thats reasured me a little. I had another woman in my interview just to watch and when I said I forgot she gave me a clue , and then I basically said what you did but used an OCD example instead. Just think its a little strange you have found out and I havent so I really believe Ive been rejected. What about the written task , what did you write would be a challenge and what stuff did you put into the lesson plan ? sorry for all these questions Im just trying to compare as i was so disappointed with myself
Original post by Fabay
I've applied there but only sent my application yesterday. Did you apply for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I applied for Primary. Sent my application on the 2nd so you should expect something within the next few days I think?
Ok thats reasured me a little. I had another woman in my interview just to watch and when I said I forgot she gave me a clue , and then I basically said what you did but used an OCD example instead. Just think its a little strange you have found out and I havent so I really believe Ive been rejected. What about the written task , what did you write would be a challenge and what stuff did you put into the lesson plan ? sorry for all these questions Im just trying to compare as i was so disappointed with myself

it ok! i was nervous waiting too.

I wrote about how it would hard to teach research methods. I said that some people don't like maths and get frustrated at the thought of doing it. But personally for me, it taught me a lot of skills in research and prepared me for university when it came to writing reports. I wrote that maths can be hard to grasp and there are a lot of new terms and words that are hard to underatand at first. But if taught efficently and simply it could be an alright module to do.

On my lesson plan, I put the psychology AQA specifcation outcomes for that social influence module and then my own personal learning outcomes that i wanted from the lesson. MY learning outcomes were that I watned the pupils to develop AO1 skills.

I hada box for the types of teaching methods i would use for the lesson (group work.lecture and independant study)

I did a starter activity and handing out of glossary key terms for portfoilos, then the main where i said i would split my groups into 3 and each of the groups would research one topic. Then plenery/feedback so i could gage the areas of weakness that i need to focus on for the next lesson. I said that i would do a powerpoint to tie up what we had learnt and I set homework for them to complete a KEY study worksheet on Zimbardo. At the bottom of the page, i had what i wanted to do next lesson (focus on AO2 skills).
Massive well done to the person with an offer!

FINALLY got mine done today, so relieved. Now the anxious part really starts!
Original post by cutebat
yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?

How did your Roehampton Interview go? :smile:
I've got my King's interview tomorrow - just going through some current educational issues again at the moment. I'm quite excited but sure I'll be nervous in the morning.

Also heard I have an interview at Roehampton on the 16th so all my choices have got back to me now :smile:
Original post by magic_box
I've got my King's interview tomorrow - just going through some current educational issues again at the moment. I'm quite excited but sure I'll be nervous in the morning.

Also heard I have an interview at Roehampton on the 16th so all my choices have got back to me now :smile:

Is that for primary? I have one at Roehampton on the 16th :smile:
Original post by magic_box

Ooh good luck fellow R.E applicant :smile: I have two interviews, still waiting on my third choice. Let us know how you get on!
Just checked track and it says I have an interview but no email??
anyone know how to find the date?
Reply 2777
Original post by YesBurrows
Yeh I applied for Primary. Sent my application on the 2nd so you should expect something within the next few days I think?

Best of luck with the interview! Did you choose 5-9 or 7-11? I'm not sure if I'll get an interview as my personal statement is more geared to early years/key stage 1 but I did choose 5-9 so I don't know lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Best of luck with the interview! Did you choose 5-9 or 7-11? I'm not sure if I'll get an interview as my personal statement is more geared to early years/key stage 1 but I did choose 5-9 so I don't know lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I chose 7-11, much preferred that age group when I did work experience. Your statement should be fine if you chose 5-9! Have to provide a sort of lesson plan for a book of your choice for part of the interview. Don't know what to pick! Has to teach them literacy but can also relate to another subject. Sure I'll be fine though. I just want an offer now!
Found it!
its next Wednesday at mmu!

Latest

Trending

Trending