The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelica.
liverpool, cardiff, brighton and sussex, ucl
had an interview for cardiff, you?

am a resit so plymouth, exeter, brighton, liverpool
good luck with your choices! :smile:
How do you find out you have an interview? On UCAS or do you get an email from Liverpool?
Original post by timeywimey
How do you find out you have an interview? On UCAS or do you get an email from Liverpool?

email
Reply 523
What's Liverpool's policy on re-arranging interviews? I can't find anything on the website :/
Reply 524
For people who are worried about not having heard, I know someone who heard in early March and is at Liverpool now. I know it's nerve-racking, just sit tight. :smile:
Reply 525
Original post by sandrabondaruk
I think what I'm wearing for mine is a black pencil skirt with tights, black blazer and a nice shirt... I suspect that's the kind of thing most girls would wear?

Yeah this what exactly what I had in mind, but my pencil skirt is a tight elastic one so I'm worried about it looking too casual? Are you skirt and blazer matching or just both black? Thank you!:smile:
Reply 526
Not sure whether it will matter or anything, but would it be better to talk about having family in medicine and picking up things from them..? Or would it make them think you're doing medicine because you've been forced or pushed or whatever?
What are all these "points" people keep posting?
If you got an interview, should it appear in your VIP page?
Original post by inesx
Yeah this what exactly what I had in mind, but my pencil skirt is a tight elastic one so I'm worried about it looking too casual? Are you skirt and blazer matching or just both black? Thank you!:smile:

I don't think it would look too casual if I'm honest! No they are not matching, they are both just black :smile:
What VIP page ? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of questions are asked about work experience?
Original post by Delta, Δ
If you got an interview, should it appear in your VIP page?

I don't think so. They just send you an email outlining all of the details you need to know :smile:
Original post by Rumschpringe
I don't think so. They just send you an email outlining all of the details you need to know :smile:

I see,
do you have an interview?
I see,
do you have an interview?

Yes I've had one :smile:
Yes I've had one :smile:

How did it go? :smile:
How did it go? :smile:

It went very quickly. The interviewers kept a poker-face throughout so I had no idea if they liked me or not!
But I definitely enjoyed my time there- the university had the nicest atmosphere compared to the places I had interviews last year.
Make sure you go on the tour if you get an interview, and talk to the other applicants! Everybody was so friendly and helpful :smile:
It went very quickly. The interviewers kept a poker-face throughout so I had no idea if they liked me or not!
But I definitely enjoyed my time there- the university had the nicest atmosphere compared to the places I had interviews last year.
Make sure you go on the tour if you get an interview, and talk to the other applicants! Everybody was so friendly and helpful :smile:

Thanks, I will do!
Apparently on TSR, someone said that their interview was 9 minutes long!!!
How long was your one? =-)
Thanks, I will do!
Apparently on TSR, someone said that their interview was 9 minutes long!!!
How long was your one? =-)

I was told that it would be 15 minutes long, but it definitely felt a lot shorter than that! I'm not sure how long it was exactly though.

As it's semi-structured, the length of interview could vary from 10 minutes to 25 minutes depending on what you talk about and what they decide to ask you- but it shouldn't mean anything!
My tour guide said hers was 25 minutes long, but apparently her friend's interview was much shorter, and they both got in. So don't worry about that :smile:
I was told that it would be 15 minutes long, but it definitely felt a lot shorter than that! I'm not sure how long it was exactly though.

As it's semi-structured, the length of interview could vary from 10 minutes to 25 minutes depending on what you talk about and what they decide to ask you- but it shouldn't mean anything!
My tour guide said hers was 25 minutes long, but apparently her friend's interview was much shorter, and they both got in. So don't worry about that :smile:

What do you mean by semi-structured? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending