The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Mehhhh
Hi all, I'm getting a little paranoid now,

When scoring our academics, they take AS grades into account by awarding another point for every A in 3 ASs (chem, bio and one other subject). My issue is that they have stated "Additional points will be available for applicants who include AS results on their UCAS application". On my UCAS application, I have only mentioned my grades in each module but not the overall AS grades or UMS. For one of my ASs, I have achieved aab for the 3 modules that it consists of. Will they assume that it's an A overall or discount it for being too vague? (yes, for that subject I did get an A for the AS but I'm worried that the uni may ignore it as it could have been a B if the aa modules were low As and the b module was a low B)

Hey, I am in a similar situation but I contacted them and they wanted me to send my overall AS grades to them. I would advise you to contact them and see what they say
Anyone received a graduate interview from Leicester? If you do not mind what was your score? I know that they start at the highest and it will give us an indication how the invites are going. The waiting is painful.
Original post by Ama2007
Any grad with an interview?

I'm wondering the same thing... The wait is painful.
Reply 1043
Anyone with a score lower than 59/60 got an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimjam123
I'm wondering the same thing... The wait is painful.

What was your score, if you dont mind?
Am I right in thinking that no graduate interviews have gone out yet?
Original post by Ama2007
What was your score, if you dont mind?

I've got a score of 20/25, how about you?
Original post by jimjam123
I've got a score of 20/25, how about you?

Not so good 18/25..its not very competitive

Are you a science grad?
Reply 1048
Original post by namunah
Hey, I am in a similar situation but I contacted them and they wanted me to send my overall AS grades to them. I would advise you to contact them and see what they say

I've already got it sorted two days ago! I sent them an email about it last week, I didn't hear back from them so I called them up. Thanks for the reply anyway, :smile:.
Got an interview this morning saying that I have an interview on the 16th December! Such short notice, but I couldn't be happier! :-) :-)

(Home applicant, 59/60 :smile:)
Any 57's with interview invites yet?
I have 57, no interview yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview on the 27th Jan. Applied for 4 and 5 year courses so don't know which of them it's for (or if it's for both)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kcl2009
Anyone with a score lower than 59/60 got an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! Got an interview invite today for the 17th with a score of 58 :smile:
Original post by Amyk89
Interview on the 27th Jan. Applied for 4 and 5 year courses so don't know which of them it's for (or if it's for both)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!

What was your score for the A101 if you dont mind?
Reply 1055
Original post by hiberniansail
Yep! Got an interview invite today for the 17th with a score of 58 :smile:

Congrats. There is hope! (No offence intended towards you)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ama2007
Well done!

What was your score for the A101 if you dont mind?

Thanks. 21 or 22 as I kinda fall between the brackets for one of the criteria. Don't ask me which lol been so long since I worked that score out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1057
How are the people with interviews getting notified? Post, email, ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1058
Original post by namunah
How are the people with interviews getting notified? Post, email, ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
Thanks. 21 or 22 as I kinda fall between the brackets for one of the criteria. Don't ask me which lol been so long since I worked that score out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well good luck for your interview :biggrin:

Do you know what the cut-off is likely to be considering last year they were interviewing grads with 19/30? I know they changed one criteria but really dying for an interview...i really cannot stand applying AGAIN!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending