The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyap
Why not LSE for firm?
wow durham does sound pretty impressive!

When did you send in your ucas?, i sent mine in on 25 oct and no reply :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by frenchstud74
Does every person who received an offer also received the email saying "you're one of the strongest applicants.." ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the offer email came after the 5 weeks email
Original post by anyap
Why not LSE for firm?
wow durham does sound pretty impressive!

I preferred the feel of Bath, especially given that LSE has such a high proportion of post-graduates :P.

But as I said, my 'top' choice is the program offered by KPMG. I'm through to the interview stage of that so fingers crossed! At least I know I have offers from LSE, Bath and Warwick to fall back on if I don't make it.. :tongue:
Original post by lostesp
Condtion Offer(AA) from Bsc Economics!!!! YESSSSS!Best news after got rejected from Oxford for E&M this Monday! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting! sent application on Oct. 11th, 5 weeks notification on Oct.24th, so basically wait for six weeks after 5 weeks email!

Congrats on the offer, can you share your academics? eg. GCSE, A-Level, UMS?
Reply 2544
Original post by Sun_Bear
When did you send in your ucas?, i sent mine in on 25 oct and no reply :frown:

sent mine on 15th! so you may need to wait another couple of weeks)
Reply 2545
Original post by EvenToesCrossed
No update yet :frown: 4 weeks into my 5.

10A* and 2A at IGCSE

45 predicted IB (HL Physics, Chemistry and Economics) Couldn't hack HL Math, Wah :,(

Mate them grades are amazing, just sit back and wait for their email, finger crossed for you :smile:

Original post by cassiusclaymore
Congrats man! May I ask how far into your 5 week email you were?

I was 3 weeks into my 5 weeks, actually tomorrow would officially be my 4th week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2546
I am sure my offer must have been lost in the mail... :tongue:
Original post by Me14
Anyone had an offer for BA History from LSE yet?

Nope, but my 5 weeks for V146 is up tomorrow. I've not seen anyone on here with an offer from the History department yet. What are your grades/predict grades? Also, are you an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Wow, congrats! :biggrin: I'm 5 weeks and 2 days past my 5 week email so hopefully I'll hear soon.
May I ask when you applied and what your GCSE/AS grades are? :smile:

Thank you! I applied on october 9th. My GCSEs were 9A*s, AS were AAAA and A2 predictions are A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2549
Original post by gracelich
Nope, but my 5 weeks for V146 is up tomorrow. I've not seen anyone on here with an offer from the History department yet. What are your grades/predict grades? Also, are you an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That poster is a year 12 applicant haha! Think they just want an insight into the process :smile:

I haven't received anything for Econ history and deadline was yesterday and I've seen no History offers on here! I would be going crazy with panic right now but I got an offer from UCL on Tuesday so I'm content :biggrin:
Original post by paperclip345
Thank you! I applied on october 9th. My GCSEs were 9A*s, AS were AAAA and A2 predictions are A*A*A*
Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied two days later than you with similar grades so hopefully I'll hear soon :smile: Where else have you applied?
Reply 2551
Original post by ErHi?

I haven't received anything for Econ history and deadline was yesterday and I've seen no History offers on here! I would be going crazy with panic right now but I got an offer from UCL on Tuesday so I'm content :biggrin:

Original post by bigjeffrey
someone got an offer for history from my BMT sixth form.
//
Reply 2552
Original post by marccohn
//

agh thanks! Doesn't directly affect me because I'm a different department but I'm sure it helped gracelich!
Reply 2553
Original post by Blackfyre
Yeah they did a few days ago. Where are you from?

I'm from the Ukraine pal, came here when I was 5 so my referee tried to convince LSE to consider Russian as an actual A level. Hopefully it works lol.

What about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
I got 5 A* and 5 A's GCSE
5 A's AS
Predicted 3 A* and an A

Well done to everyone else who got an offer today too!😊

Good luck to everyone else too 😊
Original post by Blackfyre
liek if u cry evry time.

It was a joke I promise.
Reply 2556
"LSE friday" is coming again and I'm now heading towards my seventh week of my five week email, at least no news is good news right?
Original post by mm14
"LSE friday" is coming again and I'm now heading towards my seventh week of my five week email, at least no news is good news right?

I'm in exactly your position. I moved beyond the 7 week mark today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2558
At least we know the offers are usually sent before lunch time!
Reply 2559
Original post by QuestionsQ
I'm in exactly your position. I moved beyond the 7 week mark today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law as well I presume, I think I've seen you in either the law or oxbridge applicant threads. I could really do with some news since I'm more or less putting all my eggs in LSE's basket because they're the only top non-LNAT uni I've applied to; if all goes belly up then UCAS extra may need to be used

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending