The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ama2007
Well good luck for your interview :biggrin:

Do you know what the cut-off is likely to be considering last year they were interviewing grads with 19/30? I know they changed one criteria but really dying for an interview...i really cannot stand applying AGAIN!

I'm sure one of the other guys who got an interview today said they had a score of 17 (look at the grad thread). So I don't think you need a massively high score. Remember they also take PS and references into more account for grads than for the 5yr course so score isn't everything.
I don't know how they score graduates applying for the 5 year course. Does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
I'm sure one of the other guys who got an interview today said they had a score of 17 (look at the grad thread). So I don't think you need a massively high score. Remember they also take PS and references into more account for grads than for the 5yr course so score isn't everything.

Oh really that would be great! but I cannot find anywhere they got 17?

someone got 18? and in interview...so heres hoping
Original post by Ama2007
Oh really that would be great! but I cannot find anywhere they got 17?

someone got 18? and in interview...so heres hoping

Oh, sorry 18. But still thats not too high a score
Original post by Ama2007
Not so good 18/25..its not very competitive

Are you a science grad?

I wouldn't worry too much about the score as I think a lot is based on the personal statement and the reference :smile: do not worry :smile: so looking at the threads they've started giving out interviews for A101 then?
Original post by jimjam123
I wouldn't worry too much about the score as I think a lot is based on the personal statement and the reference :smile: do not worry :smile: so looking at the threads they've started giving out interviews for A101 then?

Yes but in order to get to the next stage (reading the PS) you actually need to meet the cut-off score what ever it is...so they wont even look at my PS or reference if I dont meet the cut off thats what they say in their admission policy for 2013.
Original post by Ama2007
Yes but in order to get to the next stage (reading the PS) you actually need to meet the cut-off score what ever it is...so they wont even look at my PS or reference if I dont meet the cut off thats what they say in their admission policy for 2013.

Oh I see, well no-one knows what the cut off will be, so there is still hope! Where else have you applied, if you don't mind me asking?
Oh I see, well no-one knows what the cut off will be, so there is still hope! Where else have you applied, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah but I got a feeling its not less than 18, since someone got an interview with 18..

I applied to leeds, dundee, SGUL
Original post by Ama2007
Yeah but I got a feeling its not less than 18, since someone got an interview with 18..

I applied to leeds, dundee, SGUL

I don't think they are doing it in score order, as I have a score of 20 and I haven't heard anything... unless my personal statement and reference seriously let me down? :/ panic...

I've applied to Leeds as well! Hopefully we will hear from them soon!
I don't think they are doing it in score order, as I have a score of 20 and I haven't heard anything... unless my personal statement and reference seriously let me down? :/ panic...

I've applied to Leeds as well! Hopefully we will hear from them soon!

Have you heard from any of the others?
Interview on 27th Jan :smile: yay!!!
Original post by Amy_Kitch

Congrats! What was your score?
Original post by Amy_Kitch

Are you in the morning with us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems like everyone is getting an interview...Come on Leicester just give me a bloody interview!
Original post by Ama2007
Seems like everyone is getting an interview...Come on Leicester just give me a bloody interview!

I still don't have one :frown:
With a score of 54 there isn't hope for me at all, is there?
When will it be my turn....
Reply 1077
I received an email yesterday inviting me to an interview on the 17th! Very happy! I believe I scored 58/60 if that helps anyone!
Original post by Biochemical Wizard
When will it be my turn....

And mine?! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any international got interview invitation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending