The Student Room Group

Buffy the Vampire Slayer review

Follow the life of a teenage schoolgirl, her friends and a librarian as they battle the forces of evil with nothing but their fists, a stake and the occasional rocket launcher. This show will have you in tears (of laughter) one moment and then in tears (of sadness) the next.

If I had more space, I would have made a clever joke about how the librarian used to be the king of Camelot, but the limits placed upon my review were too small too contain it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by brittanna
Follow the life of a teenage schoolgirl, her friends and a librarian as they battle the forces of evil with nothing but their fists, a stake and the occasional rocket launcher. This show will have you in tears (of laughter) one moment and then in tears (of sadness) the next.

If I had more space, I would have made a clever joke about how the librarian used to be the king of Camelot, but the limits placed upon my review were too small too contain it.

I think I've seen some eps
Original post by Kezza Wilson
I think I've seen some eps

You should see some more then :yep:. Especially 'Once More with Feeling'.
You should see some more then :yep:. Especially 'Once More with Feeling'.

Have you watched similar shows?
Have you watched similar shows?

Similar to Buffy?
Similar to Buffy?

Yea
Yea

I've seen Buffy, Angel and Charmed, which are all quite similar.

I've also seen Firefly and Dollhouse which were created by the same person as Buffy and Angel.

Which other show are there similar to it? I may have seen them, I just cant remember what they are.
I've seen Buffy, Angel and Charmed, which are all quite similar.

I've also seen Firefly and Dollhouse which were created by the same person as Buffy and Angel.

OMG, I loved charmed :biggrin:
Ghost Whisperer is similarish
And Supernatural has a similar premise
OMG, I loved charmed :biggrin:
Ghost Whisperer is similarish
And Supernatural has a similar premise

Charmed was a very good tv show (especially All hell breaks loose and a few other episodes), but Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel - a spin off show (which I think is probably better than Buffy)) is just on a completely different level (in my opinion anyway).

I haven't seen Ghost Whisperer or Supernatural. I may watch Supernatural after i've finished Dexter and Breaking Bad
(edited 10 years ago)
Charmed was a very good tv show (especially All hell breaks loose and a few other episodes), but Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Angel - a spin off show (which I think is probably better than Buffy)) is just on a completely different level (in my opinion anyway).

I wish Charmed didn't end the way it did, sigh. Remind me to PM or email you some TV show suggestions :biggrin:
I wish Charmed didn't end the way it did, sigh. Remind me to PM or email you some TV show suggestions :biggrin:

I didn't really like Penny being on the last season though.

Okay, and i'll send you a list (although it will probably be quite lengthy) of tv shows you should watch.

Edit: Sorry, I mean the character played by Kaley Cuoco (she plays Penny on TBBT).
I didn't really like Penny being on the last season though.

Okay, and i'll send you a list (although it will probably be quite lengthy) of tv shows you should watch.

Edit: Sorry, I mean the character played by Kaley Cuoco (she plays Penny on TBBT).

Oh! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest