The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
anyone for international relations and history?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by gera_95
Did you get it today? I even didn't receive my 2 week mail. Hopefully this is a good sign. Fingers crossed..

Yeah today at approximately half past 12.
Reply 2602
Original post by elcid
anyone for international relations and history?

Yup, I did! My 5 weeks ends today, but no email so far.... How far are you in the application process?
Reply 2603
Original post by Olanue
Yup, I did! My 5 weeks ends today, but no email so far.... How far are you in the application process?

exactly the same... where else are you applying?
Reply 2604
Original post by elcid
exactly the same... where else are you applying?

Oxford, Durham, Royal Holloway and Exeter. Rejected from Oxford though, haha. You?
Reply 2605
Original post by Olanue
Oxford, Durham, Royal Holloway and Exeter. Rejected from Oxford though, haha. You?

KCL, st Andrews, Warwick and Oxford-got an interview by skype for history:smile:
Reply 2606
Original post by elcid
KCL, st Andrews, Warwick and Oxford-got an interview by skype for history:smile:

Nice! All the best for your interview!! For which college? Also, which uni is your first choice? Oxford?
Reply 2607
Original post by Olanue
Nice! All the best for your interview!! For which college? Also, which uni is your first choice? Oxford?

interview at st Anne's! and tbh even though oxford is oxford i really like the look of the lse and warwick courses. you?
Reply 2608
Original post by elcid
interview at st Anne's! and tbh even though oxford is oxford i really like the look of the lse and warwick courses. you?

Yup, LSE is my first choice. You also said you were going to have a skype interview, so I'm guessing you're an international applicant like me?
Reply 2609
Original post by Olanue
Yup, LSE is my first choice. You also said you were going to have a skype interview, so I'm guessing you're an international applicant like me?

yeah. do you do the IB, or A levels? or other :tongue:
Reply 2610
Original post by elcid
yeah. do you do the IB, or A levels? or other :tongue:

IB. You?
Reply 2611
Original post by Olanue
IB. You?

same. where's your school?
Reply 2612
Original post by elcid
same. where's your school?

Hong Kong. What about you?
Reply 2613
Still nothing from BMS?
Got seven week email for Phil and Econ, love how decisions will be made by the "Selector"...so sinister...
Rejection for Government - They haven't even emailed me, I just found out after I got an email from UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2616
What the
LSE just updated UCAS info and said I was unaccepted... and there was no reason :frown:
Did this ever happen before? I haven't received an email saying I was unaccepted...
Should I contact the office?
Original post by vi_anna
What the
LSE just updated UCAS info and said I was unaccepted... and there was no reason :frown:
Did this ever happen before? I haven't received an email saying I was unaccepted...
Should I contact the office?

Just got the same hun
I'm going to wait for about 25 minutes and if nothing comes through then I'm phoning
Awfully rude and totally devastating way of finding out!
Reply 2618
Original post by yousuf5465
Thank you so much. I am at the moment studying As and hopefully your interview goes amazing. Any tips on how you approached your Economics personal Statement for Lse would be grateful.

How to approach it... Haha, that's a good question. I think, you just have to be passionate in economics which can be presented in numerous ways. Personally, mine had a large emphasis on various books I have read and what sparked my interest. Also current events that I find very interesting, and that I've read about and looked further into. This is a rather sleep deprived reply, so I'm sorry if there is a lack of coherence and grammatical accuracy... Anyway, obviously your personal statement is very unique, just, if you have passion, and if you are particularly interested in various aspects of economics, convey that as well as you can.

Mine was very academically focused with a brief 'hey, I do other things too' paragraph at the end. Yes, I greatly enjoy various pastimes but that's not why I'm applying to study Economics at university, and neither was it a significant deciding factor in choosing the universities I applied to. So the focus of my personal statement was my great interests in various fields of economics, which books I've read to develop my understanding of those fields, and various thoughts or opinions that I feel are significant in how I view current events and economic theory.

I don't have much advice except to mean what you say, and to say what you're truly passionate in.
Reply 2619
Original post by Portia1993
Just got the same hun
I'm going to wait for about 25 minutes and if nothing comes through then I'm phoning
Awfully rude and totally devastating way of finding out!

Exactly my point.
Could you please tell me how it goes? I am an international student so I probably can't phone the school myself :frown:
Sadness... I hope it was some kind of administrative error!!

Quick Reply