The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8400
I'd rather not buy Suarez, tbh. Too much risk for so much money. If we're going to spend 50m+ on a striker, we could have got Falcao or Cavani during the summer but we didn't. I don't think the board are comfortable spending much more than 30m~ on a player now after the Torres debacle.
[QUOTE=mhsc;45429513]I'd rather not buy Suarez, tbh. Too much risk for so much money. If we're going to spend 50m+ on a striker, we could have got Falcao or Cavani during the summer but we didn't. I don't think the board are comfortable spending much more than 30m~ on a player now after the Torres debacle.

What risk? He's top scorer and has been suspended for a quarter of the season.

Suarez is obviously going to Madrid mind, regardless of whether Liverpool get CL football or not
Original post by mhsc
I'd rather not buy Suarez, tbh. Too much risk for so much money. If we're going to spend 50m+ on a striker, we could have got Falcao or Cavani during the summer but we didn't. I don't think the board are comfortable spending much more than 30m~ on a player now after the Torres debacle.

I think he'd be less of a risk than Cavani, possibly even Falcao. I'd concede that Falcao is marginally more clinical as a striker, but I think Suarez is a more complete player and is better at supporting the players around him.
Reply 8403
Original post by 9MmBulletz
What risk? He's top scorer and has been suspended for a quarter of the season.

Suarez is obviously going to Madrid mind, regardless of whether Liverpool get CL football or not

Need I say more?
Reply 8404
Would be very surprised if Suarez ended up at another PL club. Don't think he'll be moving in January either, think he might in the summer should Liverpool not make top 4 though.
the risk with Saurez is that we brought a top proven goal scorer from Liverpool before and look how that turned out. Shevchenko a few years ago was the same issue, do u want to spend mad money for a player who will never be able to live up to expectation?
Original post by chelseafreak
the risk with Saurez is that we brought a top proven goal scorer from Liverpool before and look how that turned out. Shevchenko a few years ago was the same issue, do u want to spend mad money for a player who will never be able to live up to expectation?

Torres was on his way down before he came to you anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Torres was on his way down before he came to you anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

He wasn't at the top of his game but was still a proven goal scorer like Suarez is, i just don't want to make the same mistake again
I'd take Suarez in a heartbeat. I never felt the same about Torres when I'd heard we'd signed/were trying to sign him.
Suarez?

No thanks, I'd rather have hemorrhoids.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Suarez?

No thanks, I'd rather have hemorrhoids.

Because Torres and Eto'o are so much better than him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8411
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah perhaps. I guess for greater consistency then he'll need to adapt his game a bit so he doesn't look predictable -- similar to Ronaldo tbh many years back (although it will be harder). But man, absolutely unplayable yesterday. The chemistry between him and Mata is just :sogood:

More rumours with regards to Falcao. Lol, if we get him, even if it's on loan, just give us the league. Would be the signing of the season! ;p

inb4 Ozil

Btw, what would you guys think of getting Suarez? WC striker and one of the best but would you accept his issues? We won't get him but just saying that cuz... you know...

I wouldn't accept Suarez' issues. I don't even accept him into my fantasy PL side. That's the extent to which I loathe the ****er.
Reply 8412
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Because Torres and Eto'o are so much better than him

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he's more referring to the fact that they're not carnivorous scumbags with lack of any form of integrity.

Saying that, I'd take suarez in a heartbeat, Torres can **** off already, all he does is run around and he's basically the root cause of our past 3 managers sackings due to his poor form. Spent nearly 3 years here now and he still hasn't come good. He'll only get worse tbh as his pace will be starting to go now due to age.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8413
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I think he's more referring to the fact that they're not carnivorous scumbags with lack of any form of integrity.

Would rather play Bertrand up front than bleeding Suarez.

Sent from my HTC One
No matter how good Suarez is seems you lot would rather eat dirt than get him :tongue:
Reply 8415
Original post by Malevolent
No matter how good Suarez is seems you lot would rather eat dirt than get him :tongue:

I'd rather eat dirt than watch torres play another game for us as a starter tbh. So I guess its 50/50 with Suarez's hate and torres playing for us, not like we don't have our share of scumbags.

Yes, my dislike for torres has grown. It must feel **** having to be a benchwarmer to a guy you're clearly better than. At least Casillas has an equal counterpart in lopez form wise.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd rather eat dirt than watch torres play another game for us as a starter tbh. So I guess its 50/50 with Suarez's hate and torres playing for us, not like we don't have our share of scumbags.

That's a pretty fair comment. I would love it if Suarez played for my team but would be absolutely terrified of him doing something terrible and tarnishing the image of the club. Its up to teams to decide if its worth that risk.
Reply 8417
That's a pretty fair comment. I would love it if Suarez played for my team but would be absolutely terrified of him doing something terrible and tarnishing the image of the club. Its up to teams to decide if its worth that risk.

Look, United bought Cantona and RVP ffs. Real bought Figo off you guys. Man City bought balotelli and Milan bought balotelli. Football is about results, if you can get a guy who's better than who we have now and 'tame the fire' then you're onto a winner.

I have no doubt if we bought suarez, or we'd got cavani they'd be scoring goals galore for us or at least terrorizing opposition game on game the way hazard did vs sunderland e.g.
Look, United bought Cantona and RVP ffs. Real bought Figo off you guys. Man City bought balotelli and Milan bought balotelli. Football is about results, if you can get a guy who's better than who we have now and 'tame the fire' then you're onto a winner.

I have no doubt if we bought suarez, or we'd got cavani they'd be scoring goals galore for us or at least terrorizing opposition game on game the way hazard did vs sunderland e.g.

Question is can you tame the fire? :holmes:
Reply 8419
Question is can you tame the fire? :holmes:

Mourinho had pepe on his team and kept him where he did well even though the board wanted to sell him and gave balotelli the highest appearances tally in a season so far in his career. Provided he doesn't straight up piss him off(although he has full authority in the club) then there wouldn't be a problem.

Tbh I think that Mourinho must have pissed them off on purpose after the Dortmund game so he could get a payoff.

Latest