The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Portia1993
Did you have a general interview or a more subject based one?
I haven't been told if mine is one or the other, so I'm silently hoping the fact I study sociology doesn't mean I get a subject based one :P
I've been having a lot of mock ones in my spare time, but I get so anxious I just can't speak haha
Which college did you apply to? :smile:

I had both - my general one went really well, and my academic one (which was my first one) was a disaster. It was actually my general one where they asked about my Access course though. Ah that's good, I bet mock interviews are awesome at preparing you!

I applied to St Edmunds, yourself?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by paperclip345
Yes I hope you hear back soon, I know the wait is just awful :frown: I also applied to Oxford, UCL, KCL and Warwick. Getting this offer has made me so much more relaxed for my Oxford interview :smile: How about you?

Thank you! We have exactly the same choices except I applied for Cambridge instead of Oxford! :tongue: I have an interview at Cambridge next Thursday and I was hoping to hear back from LSE before the interview but that doesn't look likely. :frown: How have you been preparing for your interview? :smile:
Yey! Just received the "your application is amongst the strongest in the cycle" email. So, should hear back from the History department by 3rd Jan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessology
I had both - my general one went really well, and my academic one (which was my first one) was a disaster. It was actually my general one where they asked about my Access course though. Ah that's good, I bet mock interviews are awesome at preparing you!

I applied to St Edmunds, yourself?

Oooh hopefully I get the general one then haha xD Do they ask a lot about personal statements and such?
I did an open application but was assigned to Hughes :3 Worked in my favour though as there were only 5 other people applying there for that course :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh hopefully I get the general one then haha xD Do they ask a lot about personal statements and such?
I did an open application but was assigned to Hughes :3 Worked in my favour though as there were only 5 other people applying there for that course :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the LSE forum not the Oxford forum please calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james8821

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly if you need to 'tell off' someone, it should be me for initiating the conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally appreciate that but we're discussing Cambridge and will gladly take it to their forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got asked a few things - all rather broad and nothing that was designed to trip me up. It was rather pleasant to have things read back to me, but I could imagine some people hating it. :smile:
'LSE entry for 2014'
Please read

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any offers for Gov&Econ yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
'LSE entry for 2014'
Please read

Posted from TSR Mobile

And a natural conversation led on from that as we're both Mature students who have applied to the same Unis (LSE, Cambridge) which is sometimes hard to find. From that conversation, we found out we're applying for the same course at Cam. As Portia1993 received a rejection from LSE today, I thought giving her a few pointers about her upcoming Cambridge interview (as I've already undergone mine) might be a bit of a mood lifter and a confidence booster.

I apologise that our conversation consumed your time, must've been an ordeal traversing through the jungle of the 5 or 6 posts we wrote to each other.
Check your emails - I just had one saying my personal statement let me down.. Funny how Cambridge are interviewing me but LSE think they're far too good for me :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is EXACTLY how I feel.
I got an unconditional offer (from Leicester) based on my personal statement, but LSE just rejected me on my PS :confused:
Original post by ZaraJayne
This is EXACTLY how I feel.
I got an unconditional offer (from Leicester) based on my personal statement, but LSE just rejected me on my PS :confused:

Sounds like they haven't given the time to send personalised reasons to all the applicants perhaps...that sucks.
Just got strongest app in this cycle email for Phil and Econ :biggrin:....2 hours after getting a 7 week email -_- LSE, why do you do this to me?
So were there any maths offers today?
Original post by President M.E.
Just got strongest app in this cycle email for Phil and Econ :biggrin:....2 hours after getting a 7 week email -_- LSE, why do you do this to me?

That's crazy!

I got the "strongest application", then after 53 minutes:

We previously sent you an email regarding an update on your application in error. We apologise for this and have provided you with the correct update below.

I am writing with further information on your application to study at LSE.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is being considered further.

When assessing an application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. Therefore, we would like to consider your application alongside all other similar applications in a fair and proper manner with the aim of informing you of the outcome of our assessment by the beginning of February 2014 at the latest.

For less than one hour I was "one of the strongest", now... they don't even describe me
shah :wink: :frown: :frown:
Got the 'amongst the strongest email' today for international history- it was actually exactly 5 weeks, which seems pretty impressive looking Y other courses
Original post by gracelich
Yey! Just received the "your application is amongst the strongest in the cycle" email. So, should hear back from the History department by 3rd Jan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :smile:
Original post by QuestionsQ
Ahaha, I'm expecting a rejection at some point in the near future. Have a bad feeling - not sure why.

Hi! Since you're one of the few LSE law applicants I know of on this board, did you hear anything from LSE today? :s-smilie:
Original post by Caesar95
That's crazy!

I got the "strongest application", then after 53 minutes:

We previously sent you an email regarding an update on your application in error. We apologise for this and have provided you with the correct update below.

I am writing with further information on your application to study at LSE.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is being considered further.

When assessing an application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. Therefore, we would like to consider your application alongside all other similar applications in a fair and proper manner with the aim of informing you of the outcome of our assessment by the beginning of February 2014 at the latest.

For less than one hour I was "one of the strongest", now... they don't even describe me
shah :wink: :frown: :frown:

What course was this for? This got me worried :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending