The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by President M.E.
Just got strongest app in this cycle email for Phil and Econ :biggrin:....2 hours after getting a 7 week email -_- LSE, why do you do this to me?

I got the exact same email for phil and econ too!! Does this mean everything or do they send this to everyone who gets into the next stage? Also, what's your grades like (sorry just wanted to see the competition hehe)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by gracelich
Yey! Just received the "your application is amongst the strongest in the cycle" email. So, should hear back from the History department by 3rd Jan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi would you mind saying what all of your grades/predicted grades are like? :smile:
Original post by Caesar95
Then what about my email? Is it a gathering pool too? They don't even mention that i am one of the strongest, but if I weren't, then they would have rejected me, wouldn't they?

Do you mean you haven't received an email or you have?

If you haven't then I'm guessing it's still to be considered further.
Then what about my email? Is it a gathering pool too? They don't even mention that i am one of the strongest, but if I weren't, then they would have rejected me, wouldn't they?

Quite strange anyway. Does your email say that you're going to hear from them in 4 weeks?

Yeah it says that this can take approximately 4 weeks. We'll see whether they stick to the time frame this time! xD
Original post by NedStark
I haven't received the email but I feel it's the gathering pool. They don't explicitly say it but if you read between the lines it makes sense. You're a strong candidate and they want to hold your application to compare against the rest of the cohort. That sounds like a gathering pool to me.

Then again people received offers without that email so they are most likely the exceptional candidates who are above and beyond their cohort.

How high is your chance of getting an offer if you are among the strongest candidate. Does everyone get this email? I am feeling really anxious.
Original post by bshrestha
I got the exact same email for phil and econ too!! Does this mean everything or do they send this to everyone who gets into the next stage? Also, what's your grades like (sorry just wanted to see the competition hehe)

Sent you a PM :smile:
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Nice counterargument. You applied for a Law degree, right?

And I was merely informing you that that is wrong.

Stop mumbling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loisanne123
Hi would you mind saying what all of your grades/predicted grades are like? :smile:

I got the same email and I got 9 A*s & 3 A's at GCSE and A*A*AA prediction. I think that's probably slightly below average considering average LSE applicant is predicted at leaset 3 A*'s, but I hope that helps :smile:
How high is your chance of getting an offer if you are among the strongest candidate. Does everyone get this email? I am feeling really anxious.

It's impossible to tell how high your chance is. No one on TSR could give you that answer.

Probably not. Keep in mind, this email system where LSE update the applicants is new. They didn't offer that service last year so we have yet to see everything. Some people have been rejected and accepted without the email so I'd assume not everyone receives it. It's best to go with your gut instinct, if they are considering you further it can only be good.
Original post by NedStark
Do you mean you haven't received an email or you have?

If you haven't then I'm guessing it's still to be considered further.

I received an email whose text is just one page before this one, don't post it in order to avoid clotting up..

Hi :smile: Are you a History applicant too?
GCSE's: 2A* 6A's 3B's and 1C
AS Levels: AAAE
A2 predictions: A*AA

However, I resat year 12. I have hospital/ GP documentation for myself, mother and sister regarding my mitigating circumstance that I pursued as part of my application. They're quite major...
I currently hold 2 unconditional offers for Leicester and Nottingham, and a conditional for Leeds.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my "you are one of the strongest applicants..." e-mail! I will know my final decision in 4 weeks.

I applied for IR and History :smile:
Original post by farah95
I got one saying I'm 'strong enough to be considered further'.. not sure if it's the same as the 'amongst the strongest candidates' ones but i don't think it is.

How long did they say it will take?
Original post by farah95
"This can take approximately seven weeks."

They're obviously keeping a lot of people in a gathering pool until they get all their applications sent in and then it will be offer/rejection mania sometime in january.

I got saying it will take 4 weeks. Don't know whether that's good or bad. Why is LSE playing with our minds just gives us all an offer please.
I got saying it will take 4 weeks. Don't know whether that's good or bad. Why is LSE playing with our minds just gives us all an offer please.

Or a rejection. I don't really like how LSE is playing around.

What's the point in setting time frames they don't stick to? Much better simply avoiding to contact candidates until they have something sure.

Oxford is acting more wisely. Fixed days for final results, no stupid and frustrating "update" mails. The only time frame they gave (interview invitations) seems to be pretty much respected.

I hate they way LSE is dealing with me. It doesn't really push me to accept their offer, should I even get one.
Or a rejection. I don't really like how LSE is playing around.

What's the point in setting time frames they don't stick to? Much better simply avoiding to contact candidates until they have something sure.

Oxford is acting more wisely. Fixed days for final results, no stupid and frustrating "update" mails. The only time frame they gave (interview invitations) seems to be pretty much respected.

I hate they way LSE is dealing with me. It doesn't really push me to accept their offer, should I even get one.

I'd rather go to LSE than Oxford tbh. But I definitely agree that they should make up their mind!
Do many people actually get a response when they're five weeks are up? Or is it anytime after those five weeks?
Reply 2697
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Do many people actually get a response when they're five weeks are up? Or is it anytime after those five weeks?

When I first called, I was told it would definitely be a decision within the 5 weeks. Now, they're regretting setting those deadlines and are now behind - 6 or 7 weeks seems to be the minimum time frame here. I'm approaching week 7 now, and definitely expecting to hear this Thursday.

Me too (for history) XD. Weirdly enough, my five week email was due today but I did NOT expect them to get back to me looking at what other people have said. Still..relief XD :colondollar:
Original post by CD315
When I first called, I was told it would definitely be a decision within the 5 weeks. Now, they're regretting setting those deadlines and are now behind - 6 or 7 weeks seems to be the minimum time frame here. I'm approaching week 7 now, and definitely expecting to hear this Thursday.

Okay thank you very much! My five weeks is upon Friday 13th December and I really don't want to hear from them that day as I find out if I got into a US University and I have an Oxford Interview that day and I don't think I could deal with a rejection (if it were that) on top of everything else . :smile: Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending