The Student Room Group

Nigerian Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pride
Oh you've done a SGUL interview also? How'd that go? It was so awkward sometimes, some of the facial expressions they gave were so robotic and unemotional, it didn't feel like a natural conversation. Actually there were two friendly ladies, and one normal medical student. All the others were high-pressure.
yep, at the time, Soton's main focus was personal statements, after a UKCAT cutoff (around 625? I think). That was why I applied really, luckily that decision paid off. And I've come straight from school.

Nope i haven't. Just heard stories from last year. However, they gave me an interview invite today after rejecting me last week :biggrin: Now i can't stop thinking abt the interview.
Reply 141
Original post by Joannywhite
Nope i haven't. Just heard stories from last year. However, they gave me an interview invite today after rejecting me last week :biggrin: Now i can't stop thinking abt the interview.

Wow that's great news.
Original post by Pride
Wow that's great news.

Thanks :smile: Could you PM me any tips for the interview? Like did they ask nything abt PS or work experience and stuff?
*watching*
I am new to this, but i wanted to find out about the amount of nigerians in liverpool, because i am thinking of excepting their offer
Original post by JacintaJass
I am new to this, but i wanted to find out about the amount of nigerians in liverpool, because i am thinking of excepting their offer

I went to their website and in 2009 they had 240 nigerian students... Decent amount... They haven't updated the figures in a while :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WorldPharmacist
I went to their website and in 2009 they had 240 nigerian students... Decent amount... They haven't updated the figures in a while :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is pretty decent, thanks for that, i hope they have afroBeats clubs though:colondollar::smile:
signing in guys, I have been look around for a Nigerian forum since God knows when
Guys, girls, fellow Nigerians and non Nigerians. Hello. I belong to the world though :/ (well actually Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iraq) umm you don't mind tho right? I mean, there are no Nigerians in Scotland :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
Guys, girls, fellow Nigerians and non Nigerians. Hello. I belong to the world though :/ (well actually Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iraq) umm you don't mind tho right? I mean, there are no Nigerians in Scotland :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hee Hee heeeeey! My auntie studies in Edinburgh if that helps xD I'm sure that there are Nigerians in Scotland because Nigerians are everywhere!! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hee Hee heeeeey! My auntie studies in Edinburgh if that helps xD I'm sure that there are Nigerians in Scotland because Nigerians are everywhere!! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what i was telling her. Nigerians appear to be everywhere actually. You just can't get rid of them :nah:
That's what i was telling her. Nigerians appear to be everywhere actually. You just can't get rid of them :nah:

Haha so true! :biggrin:
Haha so true! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet there are some living here but I'm yet to meet one officially. Not as many as there are in England though :/
Hey everyone. Just found this thread :biggrin:
I'm a Nigerian, igbo girl, living in London.
Anyone in London?
Original post by MissC123
Hey everyone. Just found this thread :biggrin:
I'm a Nigerian, igbo girl, living in London.
Anyone in London?

Woohoo I love igbos :tongue: U guys have got nice names :biggrin: I'm half Nigerian :biggrin: Hoping to study in London. You study in London?
Woohoo I love igbos :tongue: U guys have got nice names :biggrin: I'm half Nigerian :biggrin: Hoping to study in London. You study in London?

Yup. And you?
Yup. And you?

Nope not yet. What u studying?
Nope not yet. What u studying?

Doing my A levels atm. Applying to uni this year for the 2015 cycle. You?
Doing my A levels atm. Applying to uni this year for the 2015 cycle. You?

Oh right I see. I'm currently on a gap year. Applied for medicine 2014 entry :biggrin:
Oh right I see. I'm currently on a gap year. Applied for medicine 2014 entry :biggrin:

Wanna apply for medicine too. Where did you apply and what were your stats if I may ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending