The Student Room Group

Archaeology/Anthropology 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kelytha
I've literally just sent off my UCAS application! Just got to wait for my reference!

I am a mature student, so i'm not doing A-Levels. I'm doing an access to higher education course instead. (60 credits, each credit has its own grade - pass merit or distinction)

I have applied to Oxford Brookes, University of East London, Exeter, UCL and Kent. :smile: <--- Very diverse choices!

Best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Thanks! I'm relieved and nervous at the same time! :biggrin:
Offer from LSE! Not my first choice but still over the moon :biggrin:
Reply 83
Does anyone have an offer for UCL? - do they invite you to an interview or anything!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
A couple of people have had a conditional without interview, I 'think' it depends on the course now. I've applied but seeing as i'm a mature student I expect I will be called to interview.
Reply 85
Original post by Lucy96
Anyone else applying for any of these areas? :smile:

Yeah, and i got an offer for Social Anthropology in University of Manchester :smile:
Original post by acul
Yeah, and i got an offer for Social Anthropology in University of Manchester :smile:

Congratulations :biggrin: really does seem like I'm one of very few Biological Anthropology applicants :tongue:
Reply 87
Original post by Lucy96
Congratulations :biggrin: really does seem like I'm one of very few Biological Anthropology applicants :tongue:

Thanks! Just need to get the grades now haha. That means more chance of you getting in, that can't be a bad thing :cool:
Original post by acul
Thanks! Just need to get the grades now haha. That means more chance of you getting in, that can't be a bad thing :cool:

What do they ask for? :smile: haha that's very true :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Lucy96

I find biological anthropology very interesting, but I wanted a broader degree as I don't have a very sciencey background. So i've only chosen courses that do biological and social together.
Original post by Kelytha
I find biological anthropology very interesting, but I wanted a broader degree as I don't have a very sciencey background. So i've only chosen courses that do biological and social together.

Ah that makes sense! I love biology too much so I had to go with biological/evolutionary :tongue: good idea though :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
I loved biology at school, and was considering just doing biological/evolutionary. But looking through the modules, social anthropology is interesting too!
Original post by Kelytha
I loved biology at school, and was considering just doing biological/evolutionary. But looking through the modules, social anthropology is interesting too!

Yeah that's very true :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
I'm really worrying about applying for social anthropology, but it seems so interesting
I'm thinking of either Edinburgh or Manchester, but I was wondering of anyone knew whether Edinburgh had a closing date or sth? Did they stop taking applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
I think their cut off day is the same as everyone elses (bar oxbridge). Jan 15th.
Original post by PrinCkhera
I'm really worrying about applying for social anthropology, but it seems so interesting
I'm thinking of either Edinburgh or Manchester, but I was wondering of anyone knew whether Edinburgh had a closing date or sth? Did they stop taking applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have until the 15th of January, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
getting so nervous guys!
Original post by Gelc
getting so nervous guys!

I'm just dying to hear from Durham now :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Gelc
Does anyone have an offer for UCL? - do they invite you to an interview or anything!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't for me, just gave me the offer without essay interview or visit! Good luck!
People who have received an offer from UCL how long did it take for you to hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending