The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ar1234
Woohoo i did too!! So happy

What was your name?
Original post by Jo_Marie
mine is on the 18th, originally they wanted me on the 11th but I already have another one that same date which I had already confirmed and accepted.

I asked for the 18th as its exactly a week later, lots of people seem to be going on the same day as you though!

How have you decided what object/activity/game/photo to bring for your interview? I want to know I have made the right choice but its so hard!! lol

Oh really, ill be glad to get it out of the way! Ye I think it is hard I've got two I can't decide between at the moment ones a photo and the other one is an object! Are you explaining how it could be used in a teaching environment or how it specifically makes learning easier? The word facilitate had thrown me a little!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hllovt
I know me too I am logging in every hour! Nothing yet though :frown:
I live in Bournemouth but my boyfriend is from Bath so I know the area pretty well! How about you? I only sent mine off on Tuesday! xx

Yeah and now it's the weekend so I doubt there will be anything until Monday. Ahhh im so envious as it seems like everyone's getting interviews and offers. I live in Bath so it would be ideal to get an offer from there xx
Reply 2963
Original post by andrea199
Oh really, ill be glad to get it out of the way! Ye I think it is hard I've got two I can't decide between at the moment ones a photo and the other one is an object! Are you explaining how it could be used in a teaching environment or how it specifically makes learning easier? The word facilitate had thrown me a little!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A little bit of both, how the thing you bring can be used in teaching, both to help with learning and how it is used in the learning environment...

How will you use yours? Apart from the 3 min object presentation, I don't think there's anything else other than the 1-1 and English task is there for Roehampton?

What sort of educational issues are you reading up on?
A little bit of both, how the thing you bring can be used in teaching, both to help with learning and how it is used in the learning environment...

How will you use yours? Apart from the 3 min object presentation, I don't think there's anything else other than the 1-1 and English task is there for Roehampton?

What sort of educational issues are you reading up on?

Ye that's what I was thinking, I'm just gonna talk about how it could work across curricular! Ye that's it although the day seems quite drawn out.

I haven't started looking yet probably the change in the curriculum, eal, the change in sen. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2965
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Ahh good, didn't know if it was just me being blind as usual! I don't know how far you can discuss interviews, but what was the structure like? I know a couple of people who did their Primary PGCE at Chichester and it sounds like a nice place, so hope they accept you! I'll have a look tomorrow!

Edit: Just noticed you said invite, so may not have had the interview yet, sorry! :colondollar:

That's okay, no I haven't had mine yet! It's on Wednesday (: I agree that it looks really nice. Thank you and I hope it is working for you now and I hope they accept you too!
Congrats to all those with offers. I'm hoping at some point I'll be popping up to say I have an offer!

Anyone know if the 40 working days they have to let us know is to let us know if we're accepted or unsuccessful, or if it's just to let us know about an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2967

Ye that's what I was thinking, I'm just gonna talk about how it could work across curricular! Ye that's it although the day seems quite drawn out.

I haven't started looking yet probably the change in the curriculum, eal, the change in sen. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to talk about the changes to curriculum, PISA and general teaching standards.

Is there anywhere you recommend for EAL and SEN?
Reply 2968
Original post by Airfairy
Congrats to all those with offers. I'm hoping at some point I'll be popping up to say I have an offer!

Anyone know if the 40 working days they have to let us know is to let us know if we're accepted or unsuccessful, or if it's just to let us know about an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's to let us know about interview and their decision on that interview. And yes it's 40 working days from when you submit the application with references
Reply 2969
Hi there, I have my interview with Roehampton on the 18th. Well done, and hope it went well.

I just wondered if you had any tips on the object presentation? How were the ones presented on the day, also any tips in general? Did they ask very specific x

Heya thanks. Tbh tips are to just be yourself- it's quite relaxed. All presentations were very good. :-) Beautiful campus and unfortunately I can't say anything specific because of the rules of this forum but there are loads of practice questions online on various sites.! Good luck :-) and be prepared to wait a long time for a response.. its actually killing me slowly!! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2970
Im sure you did great, thats a bit harsh , maybe they only had one interview day! wheres your other choice? Ye i have and have been offered an interview at roehampton. The day seems quite long, on the layout it doesn't say when you do your presentation is it just to your 1:1 interviewer? Also how long roughly did it last I've got to book my trains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: the other choice is st marys on wed.Congrats on the interview! What date is it? The day is fairly long I didn't leave until 4.15 and some after that so book for after five! :-) good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Feeling so low right now. My manager still hasn't sorted my reference and now it is the weekend! I have sent her a message expressing the importance of it being done soon and just hope she gets on it. No response yet, though. I can just feel my chances slipping away and am so frustrated as it's something out of my control!!
Reply 2972
That alI sounds really positive! Well done for getting it over with and I've fingers crossed you get a good offer! I know, it's just so tempting to want to share ideas of what objects to present, I don't know how much you can share, but I wondered, were the presentations on objects that could be used to teach as opposed to something to facilitate general learning. You see, I wanted to present something that I would want to use generally with my whole class, every day... If that makes sense? Do you think this is okay?

And, I guess I'll see you on Wednesday as I've got my interview for St Marys as well! Very nervous for the maths test, wondering what they might ask us!!! Good luck for yours!!
Original post by cutebat
Heya thanks. Tbh tips are to just be yourself- it's quite relaxed. All presentations were very good. :-) Beautiful campus and unfortunately I can't say anything specific because of the rules of this forum but there are loads of practice questions online on various sites.! Good luck :-) and be prepared to wait a long time for a response.. its actually killing me slowly!! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2973
That alI sounds really positive! Well done for getting it over with and I've fingers crossed you get a good offer! I know, it's just so tempting to want to share ideas of what objects to present, I don't know how much you can share, but I wondered, were the presentations on objects that could be used to teach as opposed to something to facilitate general learning. You see, I wanted to present something that I would want to use generally with my whole class, every day... If that makes sense? Do you think this is okay?

And, I guess I'll see you on Wednesday as I've got my interview for St Marys as well! Very nervous for the maths test, wondering what they might ask us!!! Good luck for yours!!

Thanks you too :smile: I know its hard and they were a mixture I think its up to your own interpretation. That sounds great!
Yes will see you Wednesday. I'm dead nervous about the maths tests too- do you think we're the first group of interviewees? I'm just studying as I would for the skills test and hoping thats enough! How are you revising? Are your two interviews really close together? Where is the last place you've applied?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2974
Original post by cutebat
Thanks you too :smile: I know its hard and they were a mixture I think its up to your own interpretation. That sounds great!
Yes will see you Wednesday. I'm dead nervous about the maths tests too- do you think we're the first group of interviewees? I'm just studying as I would for the skills test and hoping thats enough! How are you revising? Are your two interviews really close together? Where is the last place you've applied?

That's exactly how I thought I would prepare, study and practice the skills tests. Except yesterday I tried under exam conditions for both, and didnt get quite enough to pass it. I am so afraid of the maths test at St Marys ruining my chances, although I got a B for GCSE maths and did a foundation advanced course in A-S level, I am so slow, and have not done maths properly since GCSE!!!! the thing that is worrying me, is the 15mins they give you to do the maths, english I am absolutely fine with, but maths?! :eek: they ask such complicated questions on the QTS tests!!

I think we are definitely one of the early round groups. St Marys on 11th is my first, then Roehampton on 18th and finally a school direct salaried on 24th January!! it will be a long wait to finally be able to make my decision as I know its only once you have received a decision from all three that your 10 days starts!

Where have you applied? Mine is all for Pirmary (preferably KS2)
Reply 2975
That's exactly how I thought I would prepare, study and practice the skills tests. Except yesterday I tried under exam conditions for both, and didnt get quite enough to pass it. I am so afraid of the maths test at St Marys ruining my chances, although I got a B for GCSE maths and did a foundation advanced course in A-S level, I am so slow, and have not done maths properly since GCSE!!!! the thing that is worrying me, is the 15mins they give you to do the maths, english I am absolutely fine with, but maths?! :eek: they ask such complicated questions on the QTS tests!!

I think we are definitely one of the early round groups. St Marys on 11th is my first, then Roehampton on 18th and finally a school direct salaried on 24th January!! it will be a long wait to finally be able to make my decision as I know its only once you have received a decision from all three that your 10 days starts!

Where have you applied? Mine is all for Pirmary (preferably KS2)

Judging from what people have said in previous years the maths test at St. Mary's should be ok! From what I can gather its very short and they give you a help sheet which helps you work out the answers! If you think about it there's only so much they can ask us in 15 minutes :smile: well...i hope there's only so much :P
Original post by cutebat
Thanks :smile: the other choice is st marys on wed.Congrats on the interview! What date is it? The day is fairly long I didn't leave until 4.15 and some after that so book for after five! :-) good luck :smile:

It's the 16th so a week on Monday. Ye that is really long I might just not book a return and do it on the day. How many people were at the interview roughly? Also how many people did u have to present in front of my friend last year did it in pairs. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2977
Thats the same as what I have been reading. In 15mins, you would think! But it's the speed that I'm not that great on. I hope it's not mental maths!!!

I imagine it must be reasoning or data or something quickish! Do you have yours on Wednesday as well, where have you applied?

Original post by s.of
Judging from what people have said in previous years the maths test at St. Mary's should be ok! From what I can gather its very short and they give you a help sheet which helps you work out the answers! If you think about it there's only so much they can ask us in 15 minutes :smile: well...i hope there's only so much :P
Original post by tory88
Ours didn't stray at all if that helps. What they did do is expect you to expand a lot more than I expected. In our case the group was 2 chemistry applicants, 2 physics applicants. So for physics questions the chemists were asked first, each adding a new detail, and then we were asked to elaborate. Then for chemistry questions, we began before being expanded upon by the chemists. Biology questions were a bit of a free-for-all.

Oh ok thanks that's good to know. At least they test your science knowledge with questions we know before hand so that's a bit nicer as physics is not my strongest point. I took it to AS level but still found it incredibly hard! And was the written bit at the end just to test your English I presume?
Reply 2979
Thats the same as what I have been reading. In 15mins, you would think! But it's the speed that I'm not that great on. I hope it's not mental maths!!!

I imagine it must be reasoning or data or something quickish! Do you have yours on Wednesday as well, where have you applied?

Oh gosh, I know...me + maths + speed = disaster!!! at least we're not alone! No, mine's on the 17th, it seems as if St. Mary's are doing a lot of interviews!

I've gotten an interview for Cambridge on the 7th of January and I'm still waiting to hear back from Greenwich, I've applied for primary with science there! Where else have you applied?

Latest

Trending

Trending