Swedish sounds beautiful :yep:
Me thinks you should message 'tehFrance'
he speaks it fluently! :wink:

It sounds awesome :biggrin:

Oo, I might do later!! Thanks :smile:
Has anyone read L’Étranger? :bigsmile:
Original post by crescendox
Has anyone read L’Étranger? :bigsmile:

I read about half of it but then I got bored ...
Original post by Tasha-x

Really? So you don't think it's worth reading? :s-smilie:
Really? So you don't think it's worth reading? :s-smilie:

I will try and finish it at some point ... It's just very ... French. Lots of description and not much action so to speak. It's worth a try, you might like it :smile: And I don't think it's that hard to understand, depending on your level.
Original post by Tasha-x
I will try and finish it at some point ... It's just very ... French. Lots of description and not much action so to speak. It's worth a try, you might like it :smile: And I don't think it's that hard to understand, depending on your level.

ok, thanks :smile: I think I'll give it a shot :smile: Do you know of any other french books that you found were more interesting? :colondollar:
ok, thanks :smile: I think I'll give it a shot :smile: Do you know of any other french books that you found were more interesting? :colondollar:

It's not a book as such, but a short story by Maupassant called "La Parure". It's online for free as well ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you haven't read Le Petit Prince then you definitely should, one of my favourite books!

I have also read some short stories by Guy de Maupassant which I really liked. Boule de Suif, La mère sauvage, and others but I can't remember their names ...They were in a little compilation like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boule-Suif-Autres-Histoires-Guerre/dp/2081224747/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386342813&sr=8-1

Molière is good if you like plays: I've read Tartuffe and L'avare, I liked both.

I can't think of any others at the moment!
Original post by beau-malheur
It's not a book as such, but a short story by Maupassant called "La Parure". It's online for free as well ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a link

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have listened to the audiobook of Le petit prince, so I would definitely like to read it :biggrin:
What is the genre of the short stories?
For A2 we started reading shorts stories by Theophile Goutier, they are good, but quite difficult to understand :rolleyes:
I have listened to the audiobook of Le petit prince, so I would definitely like to read it :biggrin:
What is the genre of the short stories?
For A2 we started reading shorts stories by Theophile Goutier, they are good, but quite difficult to understand :rolleyes:

They're all set during the Franco Prussian war if I remember rightly, but they all have diffrent themes :smile:
Original post by thatitootoo
How are you finding A2 le français?
Are you still miles ahead of everyone? :wink:

It's okay :tongue: I think my exposé will be decent. And then I can learn the rest, my grammar is pretty good but they speak quite fast (well just one person)

Original post by Tasha-x

Moi aussi, je ne me peux pas même le souvenir :redface:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Enjoy it?

I did! I found Meursault's personality to be so off-putting as to be likeable? The message Camus had was so real and resounding in today's world (despite the unorthodox plot) that I found it almost modern.

We'll be studying it at A2 French and English.Lit as well.
Original post by Obiejess
Do you have a link

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://clicnet.swarthmore.edu/litterature/classique/maupassant/parure.html

Hopefully that will work for you, but it was copied from my phone's web browser so maybe not. If it doesn't work, just type "Maupassant La Parure" into google and it should come up.
Hopefully you will be able to understand it ok. Some of it may be difficult, but personally I found that once I had read a bit it just got easier as I got used to the style.

Hope you like it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
I did! I found Meursault's personality to be so off-putting as to be likeable? The message Camus had was so real and resounding in today's world (despite the unorthodox plot) that I found it almost modern.

We'll be studying it at A2 French and English.Lit as well.

Je ne pourrais pas dire :tongue: je n'ai pas fini (et il est probable que je ne finirai pas) ce livre :tongue:

Pour A2 on étudie les choristes pour l'examen et Amélie.
X

Hello!

I need your help. :smile:

Could you please tell me if this sentence makes sense?

"Si j'avais su, je l'aurais essayé."

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Decerto
Hello!

I need your help. :smile:

Could you please tell me if this sentence makes sense?

"Si j'avais su, je l'aurais essayé."

Thank you! :biggrin:

If I'd known, I would have tried it.

If you knew what? And tried in what?
If I'd known, I would have tried it.

If you knew what? And tried in what?

Ok. That is good. I am doing it as part of my speaking controlled assessment. :tongue:

If I knew something was there, I would have tried it. :tongue:
Original post by Decerto
Ok. That is good. I am doing it as part of my speaking controlled assessment. :tongue:

If I knew something was there, I would have tried it. :tongue:

Si j'avais su que X était possible, je l'aurais essayé
Bonjour! C'est moi encore une fois! J'adore cette thread, bien que j'aie déjà oublié beaucoup des langues que je peux parler, outre le chinois, mais j'habite en chine, alors, ce n'est pas une surprise!

Latest

Trending

Trending