Reply 320
Hate you.

Good job!
Reply 321
Original post by danadd9
Hate you.

Good job!

ty :biggrin:
wtf well done. I was hoping you'd get it, but wasn't actually sure you would. 2 reps is insane though good job. I'm going for 180x2 on saturday and was getting butterflies just thinking about it but this has psyched me up now.
Reply 323
Original post by AreebWithaHat
wtf well done. I was hoping you'd get it, but wasn't actually sure you would. 2 reps is insane though good job. I'm going for 180x2 on saturday and was getting butterflies just thinking about it but this has psyched me up now.

Thanks. Nice that I'm a bit of inspiration :smile: Hope you get the lift!
Reply 324
Friday:

CG Bench Press:

82.5*3*5

Reverse band Press:

80*2 @ 10

e1rm = 85

Rack Lockout:

67.5*2 @ 9

e1rm = 75

Chinups:

BW+7kg*4*4

Had to do some other exercise and restructure my workout as someone was using the power rack and couldn't move to the adjacent squat rack because there were a couple guys doing reverse grip hang power cleans :/

Feeling surprisingly fresh from yesterday though.
(edited 10 years ago)
in on reactive training.
Reply 326
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage
in on reactive training.

:smile:

To give you an idea of what's happened so far:

Main lifts for me are Squat, OHP and Deadlift. Squat and OHP have been annoying as they keep fluctuating and I seem to be running round in circles a bit and I'm tempted to do a big deload with them and work back up. Not sure why but it might be because I'm afraid of just eating more.

Counter-intuitively by doing tonnes of Deadlifting I seem to be thriving and my estimated 1rms are steadily going up over time. All time PR was 202.5*5 before I started RTS and I did 220*2 @9/9.5 last Thursday which would beat the e1rm from 202.5*5. Made better by the fact that I normally suck at lifting heavy as adding a few kilos would normally result in me getting less reps than would be expected.
Original post by Jtking3000
:smile:

To give you an idea of what's happened so far:

Main lifts for me are Squat, OHP and Deadlift. Squat and OHP have been annoying as they keep fluctuating and I seem to be running round in circles a bit and I'm tempted to do a big deload with them and work back up. Not sure why but it might be because I'm afraid of just eating more.

Counter-intuitively by doing tonnes of Deadlifting I seem to be thriving and my estimated 1rms are steadily going up over time. All time PR was 202.5*5 before I started RTS and I did 220*2 @9/9.5 last Thursday which would beat the e1rm from 202.5*5. Made better by the fact that I normally suck at lifting heavy as adding a few kilos would normally result in me getting less reps than would be expected.

have you programmed your shiz into high medium and low stress workouts? I might just have ohp as the main lift and bench press maybe as assistance. OHP is a **** of a lift to improve on even while gaining weight.
Reply 328
have you programmed your shiz into high medium and low stress workouts? I might just have ohp as the main lift and bench press maybe as assistance. OHP is a **** of a lift to improve on even while gaining weight.

I'm using the basic template where you do sets until you reach a certain level of fatigue e.g. doubles @ 8 RPE until you reach 9 RPE in the volume phase or doing a 3RM in the intensity phase etc.
I'm using the basic template where you do sets until you reach a certain level of fatigue e.g. doubles @ 8 RPE until you reach 9 RPE in the volume phase or doing a 3RM in the intensity phase etc.

I see. I'll be using his intermediate template that he put up on an article on his site.
Reply 330
I see. I'll be using his intermediate template that he put up on an article on his site.

hmm interesting. Even uses fatigue percents in the article. In the book I have he kind of has them as extensions to the base template he gives once you're familiar to how the program works. Feel free to pm me if you want to read it.
Reply 331
Monday:

Squat:

157.5*3 @ 9

e1rm = 178.5

1 Inch Deficit Deadlift:

202.5*3 @ 9
202.5*3 @ 9.5

e1rm = 230

Front Squat:

75*4*5

Last time I did 202.5 with deficits I got 2 reps @ 9.5 and today I got 3 reps @ 9 and a second set in so that seems like progress. Was meant to do 200kg today based on last weeks e1rm but I felt good so I added a bit of weight. Probably should've added a smidge more or attempt 220kg*1. Saw in the mirror that a chick with dat ass was watching me do my set though :sexface:

I feel on track to do my big pull this Thursday.
are you cycling volume and intensity every 3 weeks?
Reply 333
are you cycling volume and intensity every 3 weeks?

Yup.
Reply 334
Tuesday:

Press:

70*2*3 @ 8.5
70*3 @ 8
70*3 @ 9

e1rm = 81.5

Pin Press:

75*2 @ 10

e1rm = 80

DB Press:

27.5*4*5

DB Curls:

25*5*5

Was about a rep stronger than last week and basically just ended up doing volume for normal OHPing.
Mike T has an interview on the starting strength site.
Reply 336
Mike T has an interview on the starting strength site.

Ooh nice find. What a bit of serendipity!
Reply 337
Thursday:

Deadlift:

235*1 @ 9.5
LMAO5.5PLEATE!!!!*1 @ 10 (Mothertruckin PR)

e1rm = ~240kg

Front Squat:

92.5*3

SLDL:

145*5*5

BB curls:

51.5*6

No frickin way I actually just now went to the gym and Deadlifted 240kg. Was only planning on doing 235kg to be conservative but that went up well and a friend in the gym who was watching me said you should try a bit more weight so I thought why not and it actually turned out rather well! Was only able to do 210*1 6 weeks ago but I seem to have adapted well to this style of training. Wonder what my next goal is; 1/4 ton? 6 plate?? :O
Thursday:

Deadlift:

235*1 @ 9.5
LMAO5.5PLEATE!!!!*1 @ 10 (Mothertruckin PR)

e1rm = ~240kg

Front Squat:

92.5*3

SLDL:

145*5*5

BB curls:

51.5*6

No frickin way I actually just now went to the gym and Deadlifted 240kg. Was only planning on doing 235kg to be conservative but that went up well and a friend in the gym who was watching me said you should try a bit more weight so I thought why not and it actually turned out rather well! Was only able to do 210*1 6 weeks ago but I seem to have adapted well to this style of training. Wonder what my next goal is; 1/4 ton? 6 plate?? :O

Dude thats intense progress, especially considering you already had a good deadlift...
Reply 339
Original post by In One Ear
Dude thats intense progress, especially considering you already had a good deadlift...

Indeed! 210 wasn't a true representation of my strength though as I was still a bit beat down by going somewhat hardcore on Deadlifting twice a week. But none the less my ability to perform low rep Deadlifts has improved miles.

Quick Reply

Latest