Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
Original post by ZaraJayne
This is EXACTLY how I feel.
I got an unconditional offer (from Leicester) based on my personal statement, but LSE just rejected me on my PS :confused:

It's important to remember that Cambridge interviews like 80% of applicants...so just because LSE rejects you and Cambridge gives you an interview offer doesn't necessarily mean that LSE is any harsher than Cambridge... :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2721
Original post by anyotherworld
Got my "you are one of the strongest applicants..." e-mail! I will know my final decision in 4 weeks.

I applied for IR and History :smile:

Nice, I got the same email as well :smile: But I think they have a 2 week break for Christmas, so we might have to wait longer than 4 weeks.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I'm also doing that for current issues. :tongue: Joshua Rozenberg's articles are especially interesting! Is that the case of the Italian woman who had mental health issues? The statement from the judge was quite accessible (only 27 points) and interesting. It's quite a sad case because it seems that she really wanted to keep the child but she clearly wasn't in the right state to do so (also, I'm disappointed that the father didn't make an effort to come to the UK to attend the trial). Yeah, not an easy thing to do though! Have you had any mock interviews yet? :smile:

Yes that's the one. Where did you find the judge's statement, do you mind giving me a link? Yeah that situation was quite complex, I guess the woman's competence in making decision was a big deciding factor. I've had a few mock interviews which were quite helpful but at this point I'm just reading as widely as I can! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2723
I'm so glad LSE don't give interviews, even if their personal statement scrutiny is cruel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
I'm so glad LSE don't give interviews, even if their personal statement scrutiny is cruel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, me too. If they did, I'd have had a rejection by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nik13
It's important to remember that Cambridge interviews like 80% of applicants...so just because LSE rejects you and Cambridge gives you an interview offer doesn't necessarily mean that LSE is any harsher than Cambridge... :smile:

OMG
Everytime I'm in college people are like "Well done, bet you're so excited for your interview"
Come here to chat to people and such and it's like being told "You're ****, go the heck home"
They kind of are harsher, because they could have given me an entrance exam like they do with the majority of other mature students. However, kind of over my rejection now as I've realised how much more the other unis I have applied to offer - 1 offers a placement in government in my secons year so swings and round-a-bouts I guess ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
An
Any offers for BMS?
Has anyone had an offer for Bcs Sociology?
Reply 2729
Original post by nightfalcon2
Any offers for BMS?

Yes, I have an offer for BMS.
Original post by MasterA
Yes, I have an offer for BMS.

Nice! Whats your AS subjects/grades/predictions?
Reply 2731
Original post by yogurtpot
Has anyone had an offer for Bcs Sociology?

Nope, I got the 7 week email a few weeks ago so I don't think I'll hear till January :frown:

Have you had any emails?
Original post by paperclip345
Yes that's the one. Where did you find the judge's statement, do you mind giving me a link? Yeah that situation was quite complex, I guess the woman's competence in making decision was a big deciding factor. I've had a few mock interviews which were quite helpful but at this point I'm just reading as widely as I can! How about you?

Yeah sure: http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/re-p-a-child-approved-judgment.pdf :smile:
I haven't had any mock interviews yet, I'm just going through my PS and going to reread some of 'What about Law?' etc. The other day you mentioned that you had some interview questions - would you mind PMing me them as I currently have a severe deficiency of interview questions! :frown:

If you do have any interview questions - then I would greatly appreciate them too. Just trying to get my hands on anything that could potentially make me more comfortable on the day.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
Hi, I applied for Social Anthropology on monday and immediately received the received application email, is it defo 2 weeks after sending application to next one or can it differ between departments? and if this email were to come late or not at all would that basically mean they rejected me? I'm pretty hopefll as predicted A*AA and they want AAB but all this talk of emails has got me worried :s-smilie: (although it's not my first choice)

Hello! I don't know what you're situation is now, but I recived the 5 week email after the 2 week (I would assume you have too now??) I'm predicted the same as you and got an offer for social anthropology the day after my 5 weeks expired! Since you applied to Cambridge I'm assuming your GCSE's are better than mine? I got 4A*s 1A 3Bs and a C, so yeahhh just thought I'd give you a confidence booster!
Hello, so this question goes to those who are at the last stage of LSE decision or those who already got an offer. How many email exactly we will be receiving from them? Is it 2 or 3? Because I've seen some people who get the email which said they are one among the strong applicant. Is it the second email or the third one? Thank you so much for any answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
Hello, so this question goes to those who are at the last stage of LSE decision or those who already got an offer. How many email exactly we will be receiving from them? Is it 2 or 3? Because I've seen some people who get the email which said they are one among the strong applicant. Is it the second email or the third one? Thank you so much for any answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Originally:
2 week email
5 week email
4 week - strongest applicant email

Now:
7 week email

I think that's how it works now - I may be wrong. Someone can correct me.

EDIT: Is there still a 2 week email now?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by corax
Nope, I got the 7 week email a few weeks ago so I don't think I'll hear till January :frown:

Have you had any emails?

I'm in the same situation. I had two week email, then a 7 week email..
ah, the suspense :s-smilie:
Reply 2738
Original post by QuestionsQ
Originally:
2 week email
5 week email

Now:
7 week email

At this point I think tracking the application rounds isn't worth it, it may as well go like this
1.Confirmation email saying that an application has been received and that the application will be looked over

2.Email saying that you have the sufficient qualifications and will be compared to others

3a. If you have a one in a billion application you may be given an offer

3b. Rejection email saying you don't stand up to other candidates

3c. Email saying you are one of the strongest candidates and that a high calibre application such as yours must be examined further

4a. Rejection

4b. Offer
Original post by QuestionsQ
Originally:
2 week email
5 week email

Now:
7 week email

For history I got two week email - Strong enough to be considered further and expect a reply in 5 week
5 week email (ON THE DAY?!?!) Once of the strongest applicants email and expect a DECISION in four weeks.

Hope this helps!! There is no pattern it seems so I'll try and stop trying to understand whatever mind games LSE are trying to wrap us up in!! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending