The Student Room Group

Am I over-reacting

Hey guys just wanted to ask some other peoples opinions on this as I'm not sure if I'm over reacting especially as I have exam stress going on atm.

Basically I'm going out with this girl who has recently started talking to her ex. Normally I wouldn't care but this guy did some pretty bad things to her, not going into details, and when he found out I was going out with her kept harrasing her. I offered to step in which she wanted and sent him some fairly abusive messages basically telling him to either **** off or fight me (childish I know) which he then eventually reported me to the police for abuse. Anyway after that it I have held a massive grudge against him as he made it very personal for reporting me. She (my gf) has a childish almost naive view on things and has now decided to talk to him after everything he did to her, normally I would say to her do what makes you happy but in this case it really annoys me as I feel it doesn't just affect her but me also.

It probably doesn't also help that she still wears a necklace that he gave her that has a personalised message saying how he will always love her blahhh...

Anyway am I over-reacting or am I in my right to feel annoyed over this. Also sorry if this doesn't make any sense at all I'm pretty agitated at the moment.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
She is cheating on you brah. Trust me. Fighting over sluts not even once.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
No, your not over-reacting.
Youre not overreacting.. clearly she still has feelings for her ex.

If I were you I'd have a serious talk with her.. which would probably lead to breaking up with her.
You threatened him with messages?? that's pretty pathetic bud
She obviously still has feelings for him.

I would never wear any kind of necklace that an ex boyfriend has given me. If he was horrible to her, she would finally see him for what he is when she is over him, but no she is talking to him. Massive alarm bells.
Original post by ilex_noemi
She obviously still has feelings for him.

I would never wear any kind of necklace that an ex boyfriend has given me. If he was horrible to her, she would finally see him for what he is when she is over him, but no she is talking to him. Massive alarm bells.

I dunno, I still wear earrings that an ex gave me. We broke up over 5 years ago, have zero feelings for each other, our relationship ended on good terms, and are both now with more permanent partners. They're nice earrings and they don't stand for our past relationship - it was just a nice gift that I got from a friend. My boyfriend doesn't appear to be bothered since I obviously have feelings only for him, my ex's girlfriend doesn't appear to be bothered, as she knows both myself and my boyfriend and we are friends. You don't really need to see all gifts as symbols for a relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by canadamoose
I dunno, I still wear earrings that an ex gave me. We broke up over 5 years ago, have zero feelings for each other, our relationship ended on good terms, and are both now with more permanent partners. They're nice earrings and they don't stand for our past relationship - it was just a nice gift that I got from a friend. My boyfriend doesn't appear to be bothered since I obviously have feelings only for him, my ex's girlfriend doesn't appear to be bothered, as she knows both myself and my boyfriend and we are friends. You don't really need to see all gifts as symbols for a relationship.

Being the all-important distinction.
Reply 8
Dump her ASAP.
Original post by Anonymous

It probably doesn't also help that she still wears a necklace that he gave her that has a personalised message saying how he will always love her blahhh...

give her a pearl necklace instead, girls love that **** trus me bruv....
Reply 10
Just want to say thanks for the advice guys

Had a serious conversation with her and she says she doesn't have any feeling for him which I believe but she wants to be friends with him. Told her I don't think I could really could ever agree with this as he is a psycho and could have got me kicked off my course, and told her she needs to think what she wants from all of this. Don't think its gonna work out, shame really liked this girl.
Reply 11
She shouldn't be wearing that necklace. She clearly has feelings for him. You need to make it clear, its you or him. I will go out on a limb here and say she strikes me as someone that may go on to cheat. Sorry.

Original post by mahatma ghandi

Yeah, but we've probably seen worse on TSR with all the trolling. He acknowledges it wasn't right, I don't think its right for us to call him pathetic when he clearly wasn't thinking straight. and since acknowledges it.
Reply 12
I don't think your over reacting.
Reply 13
My ex received an iPad as a gift from some rich guy who was trying to woo her with his money. I told her she should have declined it, but she still kept it, claming that it was useful etc and that was the only reason. I got annoyed when she used it as it just reminded me of this other guy... but still she wouldnt change her mind. Long story short, few months later we finished for various reasons and she got with that guy. This was 18 months ago havent spoken to her since.
Reply 14
i'd kill both of them
Yeahhhhh...not a good sign at all.
Original post by SE9
i'd kill both of them

:s-smilie:
Reply 17
Original post by mahatma ghandi

Sssshhhh...be gentle like Ghandi
Reply 18
Original post by canadamoose

^ this is the only reply worth reading on this thread.
I still wear a bracelet that a guy gave me, but it's nothing to do with him, I just really liked the bracelet. There is a friend who I argued with over something fairly major at college, and I still wear things that she got me as well. It depends on what it represents.

However. If it's engraved with a message, then that's different in my opinion. If it makes you feel uncomfortable then she should agree to stop wearing it. Maybe buy her one for Christmas to replace it? New start and all that.

It's awkward when people stay "friends" with an ex, because it will always make the current partner feel a bit odd about it - particularly as we can never be completely sure of their feelings for each other while they're in touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending