The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mattycorn
Hey, I had my staffs interview on Tuesday! Failed my maths test by one question :-( I knew maths wasn't my strong point though and it was my last choice uni.

Don't know about the course at the moment but the applicants on Tuesday there were a wide range of ages!

the format is a maths test, then split into groups and do the group discussion whilst being assessed. After lunch you then get called in one by one to tell you if pass or failed and give some feedback. If you pass both maths and group test the. You stay for an interview in the afternoon

oh ok, that doesnt sound too bad actually as id like think my maths is pretty good. (doing it at alevel now)
really sorry to hear that you failed by one mark, must be soo annoying. thanks alot for this, really useful!

also got an interview at hertfordshire on the 17th... just wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on it?? x

thanks, Cat
Reply 61
Original post by kittycat95
oh ok, that doesnt sound too bad actually as id like think my maths is pretty good. (doing it at alevel now)
really sorry to hear that you failed by one mark, must be soo annoying. thanks alot for this, really useful!

also got an interview at hertfordshire on the 17th... just wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on it?? x

thanks, Cat

staffs was my last choice so didn't feel too disheartened thankfully. I had Herts on Wednesday! Was very very impressed with it. Presentation then called individually for a 10-15 min interview
Reply 62
Anyone applying for edgehill paramedic practice?
Reply 63
Original post by mattycorn
staffs was my last choice so didn't feel too disheartened thankfully. I had Herts on Wednesday! Was very very impressed with it. Presentation then called individually for a 10-15 min interview

When did you apply via UCAS.
Reply 64
Original post by Dan9878
When did you apply via UCAS.

Towards the middle of October
Reply 65
Original post by Lk85
Anyone applying for edgehill paramedic practice?

Yep
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm a 1st year student at edge hill. this year, they have mentioned about changing the interview tests from previous years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Ryan Turner
I'm a 1st year student at edge hill. this year, they have mentioned about changing the interview tests from previous years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I went to the open day last week, they said they had dropped the fitness test, but didn't mention anything else, do you know what there changing?
I will find out but won't know until new year as on placement at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Hertfordshire yet? I had an interview on the 27th of November and haven't heard anything. I know its still within their 2 week period but it would be cool to know if anyone has heard anything yet.

Also if anyone has had interviews at Brighton or Greenwich would you mind telling me what they are like? I have them coming up to!

Thanks Jess
Reply 70
Has anybody heard from Swansea yet??
Reply 71
Hi,

I've got an interview at Hertfordshire next Tuesday, any one already had theirs and fancies telling me what it's like or any one just have any interview advice?

Thanks
Reply 72
Original post by EmmaJm87
Hey guys, I'm currently a first year at Greenwich Uni. I must say after all the interviews and open days I went too I found Greenwich to have the most passion. I absolutely love the course and uni.

Just want to pre-warn you all, the foundation degree in paramedic science will eventually taken away and upskilling will be essential. So if you all can apply for the full one make sure you do so.

This was mentioned at the recent COP conference I went to.

For those of you that aren't sure about wanting to be a paramedic, make sure you get plenty of experience before applying and understand what you will be getting in to.

Good luck to everyone for the 2014 intake! If anyone needs questions and advice let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I had applied for Greenwich and have got an interview in January. What was your interview like?

Thanks
Reply 73
Original post by Ryan Turner
I will find out but won't know until new year as on placement at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Reply 74
Original post by acerboni
Yep

Is it your 1st year applying?:smile:
Reply 75
Original post by JessLoomes
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Hertfordshire yet? I had an interview on the 27th of November and haven't heard anything. I know its still within their 2 week period but it would be cool to know if anyone has heard anything yet.

Also if anyone has had interviews at Brighton or Greenwich would you mind telling me what they are like? I have them coming up to!

Thanks Jess

Hi
Haven't heard anything from Hertfordshire. Have you heard from Surrey ?
Reply 76
Original post by Lk85
Is it your 1st year applying?

Yes this will be my first year of applications :biggrin:
Does anybody know what the metronome is set at on the physical atall...? :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Maverick2518
Does anybody know what the metronome is set at on the physical atall...? :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you applying to? A lot of them have dropped the fitness test now
Hi.

I'm only applying to brighton this year. I'm pretty sure they mentioned it at the open day 😭. Have the scrapped it all together then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending