Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by sase
Is he international?

Yeah, Philippines here :smile:
Original post by arminb
5-week period officially ended.(applied for history):cool:

Same, mine ended Friday for History...hopefully we hear something next week!
Strangely enough, my friends' five-week periods (one is an overseas student and the other is a UK resident) ended in November (22nd, I think), and they still haven't heard from the University.
Mine was supposed to end on the 16th of December, but I received an offer on the 5th.

So don't stick to the dates LSE gives you; you may get a reply earlier or way later.
Reply 2764
Got the 5 week email on the 9th oct, still no real news
Original post by robcfunnell
Same, mine ended Friday for History...hopefully we hear something next week!

Mine ended on Friday too, and I got the "strongest application in the cohort" email on that same day. So, guess I could be waiting another 4 weeks before I get a decision from the History department!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2766
Original post by gracelich
Mine ended on Friday too, and I got the "strongest application in the cohort" email on that same day. So, guess I could be waiting another 4 weeks before I get a decision from the History department!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt get the strongest application email :frown::shock: I really don't want a rejection before my Oxford interview.
Original post by arminb
I didnt get the strongest application email :frown::shock: I really don't want a rejection before my Oxford interview.

You'll probably get it next week. I only think it indicates that I've been put into the "gathered field". However, it's nice to know I'll have a decision soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2768
Original post by SoggyTractor
Can LSE just get bigger please? I know you're reading this, LSE...you only have 9,000 students in total at the moment and you need to let more of us in. Kay, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As an LSE student I can assure you that LSE is currently absolutely packed, I wouldn't be surprised if it operated at its maximum capacity.

Btw these crowds of people that literally overwhelm the academic buildings create a nasty air of for-profitness.
Original post by arminb

If you're applying for history, don't worry about a rejection if you have an oxford interview! I got the 'Strongest Applicant' email 5 weeks, on the dot(!) yet wasn't invited to an Oxford interview :frown:

So don't worry about LSE :smile:

And remember the success rate is
24% Oxford
7-8% LSE

Soo..i'd rather be in your boat right now!
Reply 2770
Original post by puella_optima
If you're applying for history, don't worry about a rejection if you have an oxford interview! I got the 'Strongest Applicant' email 5 weeks, on the dot(!) yet wasn't invited to an Oxford interview :frown:

24% Oxford
7-8% LSE

its not 7-8% at lse .Its around 20% because they make more offers than the places they've got. My weeks period ended on sunday. really hoping to get it tomorrow ,desperately:frown: sorry to hear about your oxford rejection, wish you the best with other unis
Original post by BeatTheBox
Hey congrats!!... When did you get your offer?

On thursday, are you applying for the same course?
Original post by benq
Well done! Stats?

IGCSE: 5A* 5A 1B

AS: Taking this summer :/

A2 Predicted: AAAA

I do geo, maths, french and economics
Original post by arminb
its not 7-8% at lse .Its around 20% because they make more offers than the places they've got. My weeks period ended on sunday. really hoping to get it tomorrow ,desperately:frown: sorry to hear about your oxford rejection, wish you the best with other unis

aww thanks. But considering how I had no support from my school/parents at all during the application process I can't say i'm too surprised. besides LSE/UCL is first choice! Well, I hope It IS 20%!! but I know about 7/8% who apply for history actually chose LSE. :bl:
I just realised, if I get rejected, there's a silver lining!

I can stop following this thread and I won't get sent e-mails every single day telling me that it's updated! Woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2775
Original post by SoggyTractor
I just realised, if I get rejected, there's a silver lining!

I can stop following this thread and I won't get sent e-mails every single day telling me that it's updated! Woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

u can do that if u get accepted too tho lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, but yet again more waiting for you...honestly the hardest part of the whole getting into uni isn't achieving the grades but not losing your sanity during the wait, and being left in the dark for weeks...

Hopefully I'll get some sort of email soon then. Would like something concrete from either LSE or UCL to take into the Cambridge interview and make it less tense :L
Anyone apply for business math and stats?
Reply 2778
Does anyone apply Math & Eco?
I submited my UCAS last Monday and received the email last Friday, and it told me to wait 7 weeks.
Can I really get news from them after 7 weeks?
I am very worried, though I knew I probably would be rejected by LSE. TAT
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2779
Original post by puella_optima

24% Oxford
7-8% LSE

In fact, 4 of my classmates applied LSE and 2 got offer. Only 1 student was rejected, and another still had no news.
Oxford rejected some really excellent students this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending