The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at King's 2014

Not sure if anyone made a thread about Pharmacy at King's before but oh well.
Has anyone applied for Pharmacy at King's? If so, have any of you gotten interviews yet? I have one with King's on the 4th of December and am absolutely terrified!
Reply 1
Hi amina! I received an interview for the 11th December and I am absolutely terrified. I have no idea how to prepare or what they will ask. I heard they are doing OSCE's and group interviews?
Reply 2
When did you all submitted UCAS? i haven't received mine! D:
Reply 3
I submitted mine about 3 weeks ago..
Reply 4
I submitted mine about a month ago. You should check your King's portal cos they tell notify you whether you have an interview there. Yup Masuma they are doing OSCEs which sounded kinda scary after I googled them :/ basically what I understood for it is that you have different stations with different scenarios where your practical/clinical skills are tested out or something like that...I think for Pharmacy OSCEs they might do some ethical related scenarios. Oh btw I found a bunch of possible Pharmacy interview questions on the student room. Here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1373790
There are a load of questions but they look pretty helpful! Hopefully they'll give us something to work with before the interview.
Reply 5
Original post by amina15
I submitted mine about a month ago. You should check your King's portal cos they tell notify you whether you have an interview there. Yup Masuma they are doing OSCEs which sounded kinda scary after I googled them :/ basically what I understood for it is that you have different stations with different scenarios where your practical/clinical skills are tested out or something like that...I think for Pharmacy OSCEs they might do some ethical related scenarios. Oh btw I found a bunch of possible Pharmacy interview questions on the student room. Here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1373790
There are a load of questions but they look pretty helpful! Hopefully they'll give us something to work with before the interview.

That is actually quite frightening, maybe they will give us a scenario and ask us what we would do.. I don't think it will be too bad seeing as they won't expect us to know things that are too advanced. I'm going to PM you :-)
Original post by amina15
Has anyone applied for Pharmacy at King's? If so, have any of you gotten interviews yet? I have one with King's on the 4th of December and am absolutely terrified!

hey! i hope your interview went well!
if you dont mind me asking, what was the group interview like? is it a very formal interview? intimidating?
Reply 7
Original post by ChemicalFreak
hey! i hope your interview went well!
if you dont mind me asking, what was the group interview like? is it a very formal interview? intimidating?

Oh the group interview was, alright-ish I guess. You kind of end up repeating each other because you're all thinking of similar points, but it's quite a comfortable atmosphere as everyone in your group is nervous like you. The interviewers weren't really intimidating, just serious. Do you have a King's interview too?
Reply 8
Original post by amina15
I submitted mine about a month ago. You should check your King's portal cos they tell notify you whether you have an interview there. Yup Masuma they are doing OSCEs which sounded kinda scary after I googled them :/ basically what I understood for it is that you have different stations with different scenarios where your practical/clinical skills are tested out or something like that..

So, does Kings have a similar interviewing procedure to Nottingham's 7 stations ???:confused:
Reply 9
Original post by lalableh
So, does Kings have a similar interviewing procedure to Nottingham's 7 stations ???:confused:

No don't worry it's nothing like that, it's much simpler :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by amina15

Hey,
for the group interview does everyone have a turn to speak or is it just a free for all and what kinds of questions do they ask? Also what is the OSCE stuff all about what do they make you do?

sorry for all the questions im so nervous for the interview any help would be nice :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by PMAM96
Hey,
for the group interview does everyone have a turn to speak or is it just a free for all and what kinds of questions do they ask? Also what is the OSCE stuff all about what do they make you do?

sorry for all the questions im so nervous for the interview any help would be nice :smile:

Don't worry about it, I was super terrified but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Besides, everyone gets a chance to speak in the group interview. When's your King's interview by the way? :smile:
Original post by amina15
Oh the group interview was, alright-ish I guess. You kind of end up repeating each other because you're all thinking of similar points, but it's quite a comfortable atmosphere as everyone in your group is nervous like you. The interviewers weren't really intimidating, just serious. Do you have a King's interview too?

Yeah! my interview is this wednesday, no nervous!
what kinds of things do you have to do during the OCSE excercises?
what kinds of things do you get asked during the group interview?
im so sorry for asking you all of this, i'm just really nervous!
Reply 13
Original post by amina15
Don't worry about it, I was super terrified but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Besides, everyone gets a chance to speak in the group interview. When's your King's interview by the way? :smile:

mines on Wednesday :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by ChemicalFreak
Yeah! my interview is this wednesday, no nervous!
what kinds of things do you have to do during the OCSE excercises?
what kinds of things do you get asked during the group interview?
im so sorry for asking you all of this, i'm just really nervous!

Hi what type of questions were u asked? Was it a firm interview? Or more casual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
mines on the 29th. what happened at urs??
Hey guys! How was this interview structured? And do they ask individual questions in the group interview or pick on you? So nervous! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending