The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

International applicant with an invitation for interview on 27 January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSE-help
Could someone please explain what dissection with cadavers means? And also what do unis who don't do a 'full body dissection' do? I've always been confused about this.

Leicester offer Cadaveric dissection: each group (of 7-8 students) is assigned a designated body for the entire year.

Most of us tend to make a right mess of our Dissection (apart from a select few gifted individuals) so Leicester also have Prosection material (e.g. pre-cut upper limb and lower limb) so we can see what things should actually look like.
Original post by cathaypacific
International applicant with an invitation for interview on 27 January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a A100 or A101 entry applicant?
Original post by izzaha
Yea my interview is Wednesday morning :eek: I prefer the MMI format to the traditional interview format too, the role play section sounds interesting :cool:
Wednesday afternoon :-) how have we all prepped?
Original post by lilei_xu
Wednesday afternoon :-) how have we all prepped?

see you there :tongue:

Anyone else for Wednesday afternoon?
Got my interview on Thursday, how is everyone preparing?
Reply 1147
What are you guys wearing... Is a suit too much? And is just a shirt and formal trousers too little? I wish they would specify these things in the email :frown:
Reply 1148
Original post by Estrellaa
Does anyone know how long the interviews last?

8 x 7 minutes so 56 minutes in total :smile:
Original post by KanKan
What are you guys wearing... Is a suit too much? And is just a shirt and formal trousers too little? I wish they would specify these things in the email :frown:

At my newcastle interview all the guys wore a suit! I think the general consensus is to go with a suit, so I would suggest that!! Also, might as well go in a full suit and then remove blazer/tie if overdressed (I'd rather do that than go without and realise that everyone else is in full suits!)
Original post by grace56
8 x 7 minutes so 56 minutes in total :smile:

DAAAYYYUUM that is pretty long!! Not sure if I want to be in the group that goes on the tour before or after...hmmmmm
So we don't need to take certificates is we are currently still doing A-levels do we? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
DAAAYYYUUM that is pretty long!! Not sure if I want to be in the group that goes on the tour before or after...hmmmmm

I am pretty sure there are about 2 minute breaks between each so there is time to move to each station and read the task so add another 16 minutes
Original post by medic77
Congratulations! :smile: How are you prepping for it?

Thank you! I'm honestly not sure where to even start. I guess just researching Leicester as a university as well as a medical school, and tightening up my answers to questions about personal qualities (and making sure I have examples!) Do you have an interview? :smile:
Original post by joeymr
Most probably - I've got an interview on the 16th with 58 :smile:

Are you in the morning or the afternoon? I'm on the morning of the 16th :smile:
Reply 1155
Original post by emilyride
Are you in the morning or the afternoon? I'm on the morning of the 16th :smile:

I'm in the afternoon :smile: are you staying up there over night then?
Original post by g.k.galloway
So we don't need to take certificates is we are currently still doing A-levels do we? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I was wondering! I got my AS Level certificates today but only have the originals, and I'm guessing since there was no mention of them we don't need our GCSE ones? I'm so unsure :s-smilie:
Original post by Sushi123
I am pretty sure there are about 2 minute breaks between each so there is time to move to each station and read the task so add another 16 minutes

...oh ok. This is well and truly the marathon of all interviews!! (My newcastle one was barely 30 mins :tongue:!)

The roleplay is gonna be really interesting (if they do it)...no idea how I'll do on that :L
Original post by joeymr
I'm in the afternoon :smile: are you staying up there over night then?

Ah what a shame! No, I'm only about 50 mins away so we're leaving about 7am to make sure we don't hit any traffic....i'm tired just thinking about it haha :smile: how are you prepping? starting to worry now it's only a week away!
Reply 1159
Original post by emilyride
Ah what a shame! No, I'm only about 50 mins away so we're leaving about 7am to make sure we don't hit any traffic....i'm tired just thinking about it haha :smile: how are you prepping? starting to worry now it's only a week away!

Oh thats so lucky, its roughly a six hour drive for me :frown: i really dont know how to prep for MMI specifically, im just using the medical school interviews book, doing mock interviews with teachers at college and staying up to date with NHS bits :smile: wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending