The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Pharmacy uclan 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im doing a levels in bio, chem and maths. They were giving everyone the same test. And yeah, I got an email that gave a whole schedule for the interview day.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 21
In my email it says talk about personal attributes so I'm assuming this is essay they want .Also I haven't learnt anything on buffer solutions! Would you say the maths and science tests are one? Also is there anything I should revise? Congratulations on your offer by the way!!!
Reply 22
Yep, you will have to write an essay. I wrote 1 side of A4. I know, we haven't even started doing buffer solutions in class yet. Yeah, its just one test, it will only take you around 20 mins. Just make sure you know how to do long multiplication and division and you will be fine :smile:
Thankyou!
Reply 23
Are we allowed a calculator ? Lol I suck at maths :frown:
Reply 24
Yeah, they will give you a calculator(non scientific).
Reply 25
Won't be so bad then! Hopefully! Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it! How long after did you hear back with your offer?
Reply 26
Its OK. Im sure you'll be fine- there's really nothing to worry about :] I got an offer about 4 days after my interview. Let me know how it goes!
Reply 27
Thanks a lot! Will let you know! Did they ask something from your personal statement? I have no idea what to say for my weakness?
Reply 28
how would you work out concentration if they give ml? or could you use the moles calc? i have nno idea how to practice for the maths test, i do A2 maths aswell, so i'm hoping its just simple stuff. did you have to write anything about something you've learnt in your A2 year? because i heard you might have to do that. And btw, i do a levels as well, maths, bio and chem. SO NERVOUS FOR WEDNESDAY ugh
Reply 29
I'm doing a btec so I'm even more scared! Also no if they've said we write about our personal attributes we won't have to write about anything else! I hope the test is really easy :frown:!!!!!
Reply 30
i have an interview on the 11th december too.
Reply 31
Also I'm sure it's moles x vplune? Could somebody confirm this please!
Reply 32
Original post by HeraXD
how would you work out concentration if they give ml? or could you use the moles calc? i have nno idea how to practice for the maths test, i do A2 maths aswell, so i'm hoping its just simple stuff. did you have to write anything about something you've learnt in your A2 year? because i heard you might have to do that. And btw, i do a levels as well, maths, bio and chem. SO NERVOUS FOR WEDNESDAY ugh

Moles x volume could somebody confirm this please!!! Thank you! Also what unit conversions are you going over for volume?
L to Ml and Cl? Have I missed anything out?
Reply 33
Sorry I have no idea! You could convert mM to moles and convert ml to cm3 then find the conc?
They asked me nothing from my personal statement.
Reply 34
Yeah I know how to work out conc if they give you volume and moles, but not from ml -.- I've just been focusing on the interview questions tbh I think I'll go over the conversions tonight and tomorrow I'm thinking litres to ml to cl then milligrams to grams to kg and volumes maybe cm3 to dm3 to gdm3 and just the basic as calls I think moles, percentage purity, percentage yield. Can't think of anything else, if worse comes to worse for the essay I'll just bs my way through it haha GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :smile:
Reply 35
Hello everyone! I've got my interview next Wednesday nd I've only prepared on why i chose pharmacy=(=(=( any help i would very much appreciate it thank you=]
Reply 36
Original post by Bloomingdales
Has anyone had an interview for uclan for the year 2014?

i have mine this wednesday:frown::frown:
Reply 37
Original post by canadian27
Hi. I had my interview for Pharmacy at Uclan on the 20th November and got an offer :smile: The interview is really informal. All they will ask you is why do you want to be a pharmacist, what do you think you will enjoy the most on the course, what do you think you will be good at as a pharmacist and what do you think you won't be so good at.
The test was ok overall. There were some hard chemistry calculations on finding the concentration of buffer solutions and it gave the ml and mM(?) in the question. I couldn't identify the functional group(apparently it was an amine group), but the other maths questions were alright. Also, you'll get a picture of the back of a medicine packet and there will be some multiple choice questions about the maximum dosage that can be taken,etc. The answers will be in the text.
Our 15 minute essay question was- 'what is the role of a Pharmacist and what qualities do you have that will attribute to this.
Then they'll put up a picture-ours was on a homeless man sat on a pavement with two dogs- and you have to discuss it with the lecturer as a group.
Good luck!

what do you mean mM:eek:
and also do you think they will bring same thing for all interviews:frown:
Reply 38
Original post by kiyubi
what do you mean mM:eek:
and also do you think they will bring same thing for all interviews:frown:

I didn't know what mM meant either and still don't! I think the test will be the same and the group discussion picture. But the interview questions you will be asked will depend on who your interviewer is.
Reply 39
Original post by canadian27
I didn't know what mM meant either and still don't! I think the test will be the same and the group discussion picture. But the interview questions you will be asked will depend on who your interviewer is.

aaah I see, how did u prepare for it? Also is there no essay you have to write, did the interviewer ask you why pharmacy, also was the interview in seperate rooms or in front of everyone
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending