The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Chemical engineering at Surrey

Ok, so I applied to the University of Surrey and recently received an email giving me "student portal" details etc. In the email it said about a potential Interview, however I believe this may be general and not specific to my course. So I was wondering, does anyone know if you need to interview for Chemical Engineering at Surrey?

Cheers in advance,
Reply 1
bump
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
anyone?
Original post by podrodow1
anyone?

I don't think they have interviews but I think once Surrey have given you an offer, they invite you for an informal chat open day like thing (for ChemEng this is). :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by podrodow1
Ok, so I applied to the University of Surrey and recently received an email giving me "student portal" details etc. In the email it said about a potential Interview, however I believe this may be general and not specific to my course. So I was wondering, does anyone know if you need to interview for Chemical Engineering at Surrey?

Cheers in advance,

I hope they don't do interviews. I live in Northern Ireland so it would be a pain to get there for the interview.
There were four people from my school (including myself) that applied for chemical engineering at Surrey and we all got offers without interviews.

Do your predicted grades meet or exceed the entry requirements?
Reply 6
I've applied for ChemEng at Surrey and haven't been given an offer yet.

I have been invited to an 'Applicant Day' on Wednesday 27th (this Wednesday) and there is a 15 minute time slot for a '1:1 Discussion'. I'm not sure if this is implying that there is an interview or it is just simply an informal chat.
Reply 7
Original post by JTCh
I've applied for ChemEng at Surrey and haven't been given an offer yet.

I have been invited to an 'Applicant Day' on Wednesday 27th (this Wednesday) and there is a 15 minute time slot for a '1:1 Discussion'. I'm not sure if this is implying that there is an interview or it is just simply an informal chat.

I've been invited to an applicant day too but in January. On the schedule it doesn't say anything about a 1:1 chat for me?
Reply 8
I applied for chem eng and I got an invitation to an applicant day which means that you get an offer a day or two after the event. However, attending is not compulsory and shouldn't affect your chances on getting in :smile: have you checked your applicant portal? It has the details on there even if your track remains the same
Reply 9
Original post by doll_parts
I've been invited to an applicant day too but in January. On the schedule it doesn't say anything about a 1:1 chat for me?

If you are invited to an Applicant Day, that should mean you will get an offer on the day and get a relaxed 1:1 chat with questions such as Why ChemEng? and Why Surrey? and also other questions related to your personal statement. You should have a letter in your Applicant Portal telling you about everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending